The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 15: "Enter Flashtime"

Haven't seen the episode yet but is that really true?

So Iris did something that there super smart speedsters couldn't do?

Great and to top it off we have Iris as the literal flash next week as well.

Iris stated the something any of them could've stated had they not been preoccupied. Cisco and Frost were brought in to use their pwoers first and couldn't handle it anymore so they went back to being frozen. Everyone had a piece of the puzzle to finding out the answer, Iris was just the last puzzle piece that helped put it back together.

Taking the "we are the flash" to the next level.

The entire episode was shot to cater to Iris, because she always has the answer. She's apparently is an expert in the speed force, knowing nothing about it before. Killer Frost and Cisco were depowered for no reason, Vibe could have done way more, so did Frost. Harry's intelligence was reduced and in it's place, melodrama with Jesse. Jay was heavily underused because now he is an "old man."

Just a mess. Really hated the majority of the episode.

We really watched two different episodes because the episode went out its way to explain why Vibe and Frosts powers werent working as they normally would. All Iris said was "hey, Cisco did this and that is Y so that must mean Z, try it" it wasn't any major thing.

But trying to once agian blame it on Iris when she wasnt even that big of a part in the episode is ridiculous.

This episode has been getting praise all over, good for Flash.
The Flash, Slowing Things Down, Delivers Best Episode of the Season
http://tvline.com/2018/03/06/flash-recap-season-4-episode-15-flashtime-nuclear-bomb/

Last edited:
I thought the episode was one of the best this season! Mean't to vote for the 8 instead of the 7! Lol!

Solid episode but weird to not try and track Wallace down to help. I would think finding him would be easier than jumping to another Earth finding Jay. Unless they knew Jay was just chilling at home.

I have a feeling the weird girl likely the daughter or Barry and Iris will amount to nothing important in the long run, just side story.

I like to think that she isn't as fast as Barry and isn't as cold as Frost so she wouldn't be much help in that aspect.

As a massive Superman and Supergirl I believe they would be fast enough. In comics Supergirl is just as powerful as Superman. Well I should say she will be at some point. Keep in mind Superman is older and been in the game far longer then Kara. The bottom line is Kara and Kal-El are equal in terms of power.

Now last season ended with Kara kicking the crap out Superman. Which goes a long way to show how powerful she really is. Again proves my point that they are equal to one another in terms of powers.

So how do I prove Kara could have help Flash. If you go read Superman Grounded their an issue that covers this topic. Superman ask Flash what he see when he runs. Flash responds by saying the same thing he does when he flying a bazillion times the speed of light. He then adds that everything is a blur unless he makes an effort to see the details.

I also know that in comics it's been established that Superman can move so fast even on foot that things can litterer be frozen in place or appear that way.

Now if Superman and Kara powers are on the same level then it means whatever Superman can do Kara can do as well. This means that Kara could have moved just fast enough to help freeze the bomb. Also on side note. Superman and Supergirl Freeze breath can get way colder then Killer Frost abilities.

So why didn't they just get Kara and wrap solve the problem. Would defeat the purpose of the story. Comic books are littered with situations where the hero is faced with a problem that another hero could solve in no time flat. Yet if the writers did that it would make for dull reading.

This was episode was comic book quality writing. Which is why it was such a great episode.

Solid episode but weird to not try and track Wallace down to help. I would think finding him would be easier than jumping to another Earth finding Jay. Unless they knew Jay was just chilling at home.

It's possible they may not know where Wally is; Especially considering he made an appearance or set to appear in DC Legends.

The only thing I wasn't happy about this episode was that it was up to Iris to save the day while others who have powers couldn't.

If something happens to Killer Frost, it's because of the Flashpoint movie that is rumored to use her, Captain Cold, and Heatwave.

I really liked the episode.

The stuff with Harry seemed like they could’ve set that up in earlier episodes/seasons.

Some of y’all are putting too much on Iris “saving the day”. It’s like whenever HR suggested some idea that actually worked when everyone else was overthinking or not thinking outside the box enough.

I really liked the episode.

The stuff with Harry seemed like they could’ve set that up in earlier episodes/seasons.

Some of y’all are putting too much on Iris “saving the day”. It’s like whenever HR suggested some idea that actually worked when everyone else was overthinking or not thinking outside the box enough.

This is just my opinion but I think the reason why no one had issues with HR is because while he wasn't anywhere near as brilliant as his other counterparts when it came to technology and science, he was still presented as being very clever and quick when it came to picking things up.

Iris, as far as I've seen at least, as been presented as someone with average level intelligence. If the show had done a better job in establishing her intelligence and capabilities, then I don't think that many people would have issues with her inputs in Team Flash.

This is just my opinion but I think the reason why no one had issues with HR is because while he wasn't anywhere near as brilliant as his other counterparts when it came to technology and science, he was still presented as being very clever and quick when it came to picking things up.

Iris, as far as I've seen at least, as been presented as someone with average level intelligence. If the show had done a better job in establishing her intelligence and capabilities, then I don't think that many people would have issues with her inputs in Team Flash.

Nah. Outside of HR, none of these characters are presented as complete idiots (unless the plot calls for it). So, it’s not that hard for any of the characters to piece things together if given enough information and time to focus. Iris just happened to be the one to do it. No need to make Iris seem dumb to not be able to figure out a possible solution.

She's got a psychology degree, which alone denotes above average intelligence at least. She also learned investigative skills from her father, which Joe once said made her an excellent candidate for police work. Everything about her back story was designed for a character who has learned to think critically from an early age.

I didnt really have an issue with iris giving him the idea in the end because it was executed pretty good in the chain of barry going through ideas and failing until a last ditch effort. My only complaint was I forgot about the sphere from episode 1 and also no one in this time ever told barry how they got him out? Other then that very solid episode. Maybe its because barry was the central focus and devoe not being around since hes gotten boring and iris being toned down it worked for me.

I knew the iris haters were going to crap on this ep. Screw 'em.

This was the best ep in a long time because The Flash solved the central problem by doing Flash things. Not sidelined by a force field or a shard in his leg.

Also, everyone needs to get over the "go get Kara" solution to every problem. We all know the real world reasons why that doesn't happen. Kara could visit Arrow every week and the show would be 6 minutes long.

Also, could someone explain to me the dual thought exchange thing at the end. They completely lost me there.

So why didn't they just get Kara and wrap solve the problem. Would defeat the purpose of the story. Comic books are littered with situations where the hero is faced with a problem that another hero could solve in no time flat. Yet if the writers did that it would make for dull reading.
Exactly this is why I don’t want some crisis that merges all the Earths. Kara being on a different Earth makes it unlikely Barry will think to call on her. Each hero faces villains comparable to thier own powers and has to figure things out for themselves. Superpowers aren’t the only thing that makes a hero. Heart, brains, and powers make a hero and for each villain a different mix of each is needed.

Also, could someone explain to me the dual thought exchange thing at the end. They completely lost me there.
Probably something they will use on Devoe.

Thought I thought HR said it can read thoughts. They made it like it was memories because she was hearing the mom. Reading what HR was thinking would have been his voice saying all that through the mom.

Exactly this is why I don’t want some crisis that merges all the Earths. Kara being on a different Earth makes it unlikely Barry will think to call on her. Each hero faces villains comparable to thier own powers and has to figure things out for themselves. Superpowers aren’t the only thing that makes a hero. Heart, brains, and powers make a hero and for each villain a different mix of each is needed.

Even the non-merging doesn't fly because Kara's Cisco doohickey lets her breach to Barry's earth in a snap.

You just have to purge the cognitive dissonance that Kara is a logical resource for Barry to tap. It ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons.

I thought the episode was great, except for the glaring issue of, Jesse can go to another earth to get Jay, and come back, but they can't grab the bomb and bring it to the earth that's already a wasteland.

So that was kinda goofy.

It was easily the best episode of this season. Too bad next episode Barry loses his power, and wont be Flash. :dry:

It had so much potential...(sigh)
icon9.gif

Glad I'm not the only one to notice the problems with this episode.

Iris 'we-are-the-flash' makes a reappearance :whatever:

The main problem here is the settings/scenes seemed forced/trying-too-hard to make Iris figure out the solution.
The others were too busy so Iris put together her idea (less than 10 minutes, if that) from the pieces:
'throw into the speedforce' 'we tried lightning' 'you are my lightning rod'

:huh: Why did Iris question that particular method? Not timetravel method or throw the bomb away method?

Also, all the Flash decided city-wide death was better than changing the past 10 minutes (that have not happened so any timequake possibly negligible). That's cold :eek:.
:doh: All the Flash/speedsters didn't bother to save/take their immediate friends and family away from the city/earth. That's cold :csad:.
:huh: The Flash (scientist+speedster+basically got his powers from being an accidental lightning rod), older Flash (scientist+speedster+suddenly loses power at that precise moment) and JesseQuick (scientist+speedster) did not think about getting more power(lightning) from the speedforce/power-lines/overload generators/that device Flash used to run to other earths?
:huh: How did Jesse get Jay Garrick? When did they meet? How did she get to earth-wherever-Jay-came-from without Cisco?

And many more...

It had so much potential...(sigh)
icon9.gif

Glad I'm not the only one to notice the problems with this episode.

Iris 'we-are-the-flash' makes a reappearance :whatever:

The main problem here is the settings/scenes seemed forced/trying-too-hard to make Iris figure out the solution.
The others were too busy so Iris put together her idea (less than 10 minutes, if that) from the pieces:
'throw into the speedforce' 'we tried lightning' 'you are my lightning rod'

:huh: Why did Iris question that particular method? Not timetravel method or throw the bomb away method?

Also, all the Flash decided city-wide death was better than changing the past 10 minutes (that have not happened so any timequake possibly negligible). That's cold :eek:.
:doh: All the Flash/speedsters didn't bother to save/take their immediate friends and family away from the city/earth. That's cold :csad:.
:huh: The Flash (scientist+speedster+basically got his powers from being an accidental lightning rod), older Flash (scientist+speedster+suddenly loses power at that precise moment) and JesseQuick (scientist+speedster) did not think about getting more power(lightning) from the speedforce/power-lines/overload generators/that device Flash used to run to other earths?
:huh: How did Jesse get Jay Garrick? When did they meet? How did she get to earth-wherever-Jay-came-from without Cisco?

And many more...

Flash wouldn't change time because that's what created Flashpoint. It's also what lead to him being taken by the speed force at the end of last season. Flash finally understood that messing around with time no matter what is always a bad idea.

The Reason that Speedsters didn't take their family else where is they where to busy working the problem. By the time the solutions where running out both Jay and Jessie could no longer maintain there speed. Which left Berry still trying to find a solution. By the time he realized that he had no solution it was to late to save every one. All he could do was say Goodbye. He was barely able to enter speed force get what he needed thus saving the city and every one in it.

Jay and Jessie where not their when Cisco used the device to trick the speed force in to letting Berry go. So wouldn't have thought of it. Berry probably didn't think of it because he was panicing and probably didn't even occur to him. When he mentioned to Iris that she was his lighting Rod and he had mentioned using the flash bolts she was able to put two and two toegether. I'm sure if Berry or Cisco had had time and Berry wasn't worn out he probably would have thought of it. Iris was trying to remain calm for Berry and thus allowed her to come up with perfect solution.

I don't know if Jay or Jessie ever met. It's possible that they could have off camera sort of deal. I do believe that Jessie and Jay met briefly in one or two episodes but I can't remember for sure. It's also that Jessie Dad might have told her about Jay.

How did she get to Jay earth. Jessie doesn't need Cisco to open a breach. She is able to do it her self. However I believe that she and Kara have a device that allows them to open Breaches to other worlds.

The episode was well written.

I think it was one of the better episodes of The Flash.

Some of you folks really have a mad-on for Iris.

The speed force has not been properly defined on the show and we know very little and what was explained with Cisco's take on what exactly it is. Somehow Iris knows completely what it is, how it works and the pressure level of what it can withstand. Where was the scene in which she studied quantum physics? Having her know exactly what to say and how to solve it, once again, the shoehorning is strong with this one.

Last edited:
In a lot of the episodes, there are conspicuous problems, inconsistencies or potential solutions that the characters don’t even address. And this makes everyone seem like dummies. Here, however, I think they did a reasonably good job of presenting the more obvious/possible resolutions (by either trying them or at least mentioning them). I don’t say every plot detail were airtight. But it was better than usual.

The speed force has not been properly defined on the show and we know very little and what was explained with Cisco's take on what exactly it is. Somehow Iris knows completely what it is, how it works and the pressure level of what it can withstand. Where was the scene in which she studied quantum physics? Having her know exactly what to say and how to solve it, once again, the shoehorning is strong with this one.

"You're my lightning rod Iris"

"you tried to use lightning"

"we tried to work, it didnt work, I cant do it alone, it could do *science talk*

"The speedforce can. The lightning from the storm... Cisco and Caitlin used a ball programmed with your genetics to trick the speedforce"

"I just need to trick the speedforce"

There was literally NOTHING about quantum physics in what she said. She took what she already knew and put the last puzzle piece together. Jay/Barry/Jesse already came up with the plan but failed to execute.

Cisco could've breached it to another convenient dead earth but his powers don't work in the speed force. And after using his powers he was to tired and had to put back to rest.

Killer Frost probably could've used her powers but like Cisco, it didn't help and she had to be put back to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"