The Flash Season 4 Episode 15: "Enter Flashtime"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Avenging Angel, Feb 28, 2018.

?

What rating would you give the episode?

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Avenging Angel

Avenging Angel I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

They aren't stopping now, doubt they ever will.

Good thing Ralph was nowhere near this episode.

Legends is the least troublesome of all the shows, though I can see why you say that about Sara, she's too hyped up, almost has no flaws. Felicity was just pure female fan service brought to you by Guggenheim's obsession. Superman powered down purposely to prop up Kara was a clear message to folks that the show runners really couldn't care less about Sups. The politics gets out of control sometimes.

2. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

No, he said, "Nora shouldn't be here." So the mystery girl will turn out to be named Nora, which would make sense that a West Allen offspring would be named after Nora Allen, and she definitely shouldn't be here as she's out of her own time.

3. STINGRAY

STINGRAY Well-Known Member

This episode was a solid entry, not a perfect one, but solid.

I`ll give points to Grant Gustin for delivering his best acting to date as Barry grows ever more desperate--and tired--as each try at a solution fails.

The one crucial aspect that the ep failed in was generating a powerful sense of urgency.
    The slo-mo terror of the explosion-in-progress could have been aided greatly by the presence of an on-screen Counter in the corner of the screen, ticking down--slowly--as Barry frustratingly tries to find a way to stop nuclear doom from coming.

The Speed Force Lightning Bolt solution seemed more than a little contrived, and made plausible only by time-honored Suspension of Disbelief.

I was actually hoping that Barry would, in desperation, seek out DeVoe to pick his massive brain for a solution, appealing to his ego as much as his intellect....

But then, for all we know, DeVoe will be revealed as being the prime-mover behind the eco-terrorists...He seems to be behind everything but the sun rising and setting these days.

4. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Part of me also feels devoe might have set this up.
    But even then, i am not sure Devoe would have been able to do anything, cause while in flashtime, HOW could Barry have found him>?

5. Avenging Angel

I've heard some new theories that she is there to make sure she gets born and it has to do with Caitlin.

6. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Ah yes, that was it. In any case, it seems all too evident that the mystery girl is the daughter of Barry & Iris.

7. Avenging Angel

Not confirmed that she is.

8. ravn0s

ravn0s Well-Known Member

9. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

How would she be?? From the future?

10. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Pretty much, yeah. Whether she's their daughter, granddaughter, or someone else, you can bet she's from the future.

11. STINGRAY

STINGRAY Well-Known Member

Well, Barry might have discovered that while in 'Flashtime', his vision is expanded, allowing him to actually see traces-trails of DeVoe`s passages into and out of that alternate dimension/pocket universe of his.

There have been similar plot-points in The Flash comics, where Barry`s super speed allowed for expanded sensory capability.

Frankly, I think it would have been a nice twist to have The Thinker actually save the day, leaving Barry in a quandary about using that opportunity to capture/stop him...or let him go..(for now).

12. Thome216

Thome216 Well-Known Member

A great episode! One of the best of the season by far. It was great seeing Jay again though the poor old guy does need a break. I would actually like to see him in a mentor role with a developing Speedster.
    Harry and Jessie's moments in this were pretty good. Their tension has been subtext every since Harry came back from E2.
    It will be nice to get an answer as to who the 'mystery girl' is. Is she or is she not a West-Allen? I think she is and I hope it's a good pay off.
    The next episode is okay.

13. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Ugh..when is 4/10 going to be here? I need my next dose of Flash. :csad:

14. CLARKY

CLARKY Well-Known Member

I loved the episode, for once I thought there was areal stake here. The hero getting out of options or at least every option I could think of.
    Some wrote DeVoe could have helped. I did not think of that. I was stressed by the bomb going off.
    I especially love how they use Flash's powers in a very imaginative way. Running through the speedforce to become the lightning rodand lead the lightningsto the bomb was a real feast IMO. I loved it. I felt it was a real challenge for the hero. :up:

:huh: Iris just gave her opinion, it was just by luck when Barry says the words "lighning rod". And they explain why Vibe and killerfrost's powers couldn't work. And Honestly, having Harry knowing it all, is a pretty bad thing to do. Harry does not know everything about the speedforce. It seems quite real to me that he would guess something. It has nothing to do about the "melodrama" as you put it.

On the other hand, Jay being underused ... I concur. It seemed logical for me that he stopped running before the others, because, indeed, he's the old man, and this was shown since the beginning (he was sweating).
    Of course, Barry had to save the day but if I'm honest I don't think I'm frustrated because of this episode but because Jay is underused in general. He's there, standing (without the hat!) and just talking. I wish I see him more often run.