The Flash The Flash season 4 episode 23 "We are the Flash" (Finale!)

This season felt closest in tone to S1 for me. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it was rather ridiculous at times. Really enjoyed Devoe as a villain.

S1>S4>S2>S3 for me. S2 would be 2nd if they hadn't revealed Zoom so quickly. Feel like that season went downhill from the half, while this at least kept me entertained and eager all the way through.

Also really enjoyed all the other Wells, especially German and Italian Wells haha.

This season felt closest in tone to S1 for me. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it was rather ridiculous at times. Really enjoyed Devoe as a villain.

S1>S4>S2>S3 for me. S2 would be 2nd if they hadn't revealed Zoom so quickly. Feel like that season went downhill from the half, while this at least kept me entertained and eager all the way through.

Also really enjoyed all the other Wells, especially German and Italian Wells haha.[/QUOTE]

You can tell they love giving Cavanagh some artistic freedom, personally gutted this one never made the council lol.

Finally saw this the other night. It was good. By no means the best.

In the end, DeVoe was defeated far too easily and was too much like the Matrix. That and the last three quarters were just dealing with his little Hail Mary play. Sad, as I think DeVoe was truly Barry's best villain to date. He was played with great gravitas and menace, and I was glad to get the original actor back for him.

Marlese should have been handed over to the cops at the end too. She did everything for him with a clear mind and understanding, not to mention nearly killing Iris twice. But no, here's a hug and a good luck...:whatever:

It's sad to see Harry go, again and so abruptly too. But I guess with his new feelz-centric outlook he really wanted to see Jessie quick. :-)woot:) I'm sure he'll be back though, and hopefully with his super brain intact.

I'm okay with Ralph being back, though I think he should have had to sacrifice himself in order to finally stop DeVoe. That would have helped to give some emotional weight to the finale. And yes, does he now have all of Devoe's powers? They weren't just mental...

All in all, this season wasn't a bad one for me. I thought it was pretty good. Now I hope they get even better for the next one.

I liked the season. I do think that DeVoe was defeated kind of easily for all of the build-up, but that's fine. I'm glad that the season wrapped up the way it did, though... except for Harry, but I'll explain.

These shows have a tendency to revert major ramifications. I mean, just look at the last two season finales of The Flash. I'm glad that at least in this season, everything was "reversed" rather than have it all just come back in the next season. I'm talking about Ralph, mostly. I'm so glad that Flash didn't disappear in this finale too. Usually something big happens and you wonder, "My goodness, how will he get out of this?!" only to have him get out of the peril that he's in, in the very next episode (episode 1 of the next season).

So, I'm glad that it ended pretty neatly without a big cliffhanger that will need some sort of cop-out explanation in the next episode. I'm glad that the cliffhanger is not something that they'll just reverse. As for Harry, he'll be back in some form or another. I have no doubts about that.

I liked the episode but I'm quite fed up with the multi-story-lines I don't care about.
For me, this season was the weakest of the m all. Not that De Voe was bad,on the contrary, he was very cool and the actor portraying him was excellent. But I did not get enough of him. This is the problem.
And all the Cecile's pregnant, Cisco's breacher-not-breacher-whatever, Wells losing his intelligence, Iris being a flash (we are the flash) .... Pfffffffffffffff, I sighed too many times.
I don't want to sound agressive or anything but it has been too much. Thewhole Team Flash thing is bothering me a bit. Then they should call the serie "Team Flash", because sometimes I don't even get enough of Barry.

I'm not sure to watch the next season actually. The best episodes are always the last ones when the plot is actually moving forward. I think the writing is bad, or better, the recipe of the writing, the way they write a 23 episodes serie.
Like Authority2U said, they have the tendency to "revert all the ramifications". I mean, in the last episodes, if you actually rewatch it one day, the one with Amunet giving them a metallic projectile is actually useless to the plot. Just as all the doubts and researches Caitlin did,because in the end, Killer Frost has always been there. Amunet used a placebo ! -.-
Sometimes I have the feeling that the writers are always looking forward, without looking back or analysing what they have previously done.
This, for me, makes the Flash a cool serie to watch once. There is o interest to watch an episode twice. Which of course makes me doubt buying a dvd. Whereas I buy most of what I watch.
So I don't think I'll be watching the serie again, maybe exceptsome of the episode when something cool happens. Oh, they don't even have CaptainCold anymore >< So...
Too bad because De Voe was pretty cool. I always loved watching him in the chair.

Marlese should have been handed over to the cops at the end too. She did everything for him with a clear mind and understanding, not to mention nearly killing Iris twice. But no, here's a hug and a good luck...:whatever:

Well.......Caitlin is still on the team. What did you expect? Caitlin had an alter ego who tried to murder all of them and they welcomed her back with open arms. They had Iris forgive and say Savitar manipulated KF. They even had Iris helping Caitlin try to get her murderous alter ego back. Soooo......Marlize or anyone getting to go free should not be a problem as long as they continue to forgive Caitlin.

I wish they’d imprisoned Marlize in the Pipeline as their own personal, captive Wells. Then, over the course of a few episodes, eventually let her out in STAR Labs before eventually giving her more freedom. Not only do I think they need to stop with the constant Wells replacements (and could therefore use some like like Marlize, Dr McGee or Tracey Brand), but it would be good to see Marlize grow and genuinely attempt to atone for all of her crappy actions supporting her husband in his plan to wipe out most of the population (surely a side effect of dumbing everyone down and wiping their memories).

As for the rest, I would have been happy to see Ralph depart. No doubt he’ll mysteriously be unable to use any of the other meta powers that DeVoe could use when inhabiting his body. The Flash has real trouble balancing two main heroes and Ralph has moved beyond sidekick / mentee material.

As terribly as it’s been handled, especially with the late revelation that Killer Frost has been around since childhood, I do hope they continue Caitlin’s storyline. Ideally I’d like to see her become some kind of combined personality, with some of Killer Frost’s confidence and sarcasm, but Caitlin’s skills and emotions - perhaps Frost Bite for a name?

Did Nora reverse time just before Barry punched the satellite or was the scene rewound simply to show the audience that we missed her running along side him the first time?

I liked the episode but I'm quite fed up with the multi-story-lines I don't care about.
For me, this season was the weakest of the m all. Not that De Voe was bad,on the contrary, he was very cool and the actor portraying him was excellent. But I did not get enough of him. This is the problem.
And all the Cecile's pregnant, Cisco's breacher-not-breacher-whatever, Wells losing his intelligence, Iris being a flash (we are the flash) .... Pfffffffffffffff, I sighed too many times.
I don't want to sound agressive or anything but it has been too much. Thewhole Team Flash thing is bothering me a bit. Then they should call the serie "Team Flash", because sometimes I don't even get enough of Barry.

I'm not sure to watch the next season actually. The best episodes are always the last ones when the plot is actually moving forward. I think the writing is bad, or better, the recipe of the writing, the way they write a 23 episodes serie.
Like Authority2U said, they have the tendency to "revert all the ramifications". I mean, in the last episodes, if you actually rewatch it one day, the one with Amunet giving them a metallic projectile is actually useless to the plot. Just as all the doubts and researches Caitlin did,because in the end, Killer Frost has always been there. Amunet used a placebo ! -.-
Sometimes I have the feeling that the writers are always looking forward, without looking back or analysing what they have previously done.
This, for me, makes the Flash a cool serie to watch once. There is o interest to watch an episode twice. Which of course makes me doubt buying a dvd. Whereas I buy most of what I watch.
So I don't think I'll be watching the serie again, maybe exceptsome of the episode when something cool happens. Oh, they don't even have CaptainCold anymore >< So...
Too bad because De Voe was pretty cool. I always loved watching him in the chair.

The "team" element is a problem on all the Arrowverse shows except Black Lightning.

Barry never solves a problem by himself because he has three geniuses in his ear all the time and Iris simply doesn't belong in STAR Labs - setting aside that she is a dull character, she simply lacks any of the characteristics required to a leader and rather than actually make her interesting the writers are simply forcing her in this role to try make her relevant.

Kara is "supported" by an army of agents but yet they never seem to do anything

Oliver having such a large team takes away from the danger and odds he faces. The falling out this season and his "going back to basics" was great but las it doesn't last.

The "team" element is a problem on all the Arrowverse shows except Black Lightning.

Barry never solves a problem by himself because he has three geniuses in his ear all the time and Iris simply doesn't belong in STAR Labs - setting aside that she is a dull character, she simply lacks any of the characteristics required to a leader and rather than actually make her interesting the writers are simply forcing her in this role to try make her relevant.

It's the other way around. The writers keep forcing the team aspect to keep Cisco, Caitlin, and the Wells character relevant to the story. Actually think about it. These three characters were introduced through Star Labs. Star Labs is the base of operations for the team. It's literally the only thing keeping them relevant to the show. Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells are not even from the Flash mythos, so they have no story from the comics to support them on the show. Honestly, they've become stale characters.

Cisco- tech support, occasional side kick, comic relief. That's it.

Caitlin- her story is a mess. Seasons 1 and 2 her story mostly revolved around a man (Ronnie and Zoom). They tried to rectify this in season 3 with the Killer Frost story. The KF story was the messiest storyline ever. It's been retcon after retcon. Anyway, when she Caitlin didn't have a love interest and dealing with KF, she's doing what she did since the beginning-playing team doctor and doing and saying whatever the plot demands.

Wells character-do I really have to explain. It's been time for Tom C to leave

Back to the force thing, it was clearly obvious how forced the team aspect has become. We literally saw SL every episode for 90% of the episode. That was way too much Star labs We rarely saw Central City anymore.

I agree the team aspect is a problem. It's time for it to go. I know there are people who like Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells; but they are no longer needed.

It's the other way around. The writers keep forcing the team aspect to keep Cisco, Caitlin, and the Wells character relevant to the story. Actually think about it. These three characters were introduced through Star Labs. Star Labs is the base of operations for the team. It's literally the only thing keeping them relevant to the show. Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells are not even from the Flash mythos, so they have no story from the comics to support them on the show. Honestly, they've become stale characters.

Cisco- tech support, occasional side kick, comic relief. That's it.

Caitlin- her story is a mess. Seasons 1 and 2 her story mostly revolved around a man (Ronnie and Zoom). They tried to rectify this in season 3 with the Killer Frost story. The KF story was the messiest storyline ever. It's been retcon after retcon. Anyway, when she Caitlin didn't have a love interest and dealing with KF, she's doing what she did since the beginning-playing team doctor and doing and saying whatever the plot demands.

Wells character-do I really have to explain. It's been time for Tom C to leave

Back to the force thing, it was clearly obvious how forced the team aspect has become. We literally saw SL every episode for 90% of the episode. That was way too much Star labs We rarely saw Central City anymore.

I agree the team aspect is a problem. It's time for it to go. I know there are people who like Cisco, Caitlin, and Wells; but they are no longer needed.

I do like Cisco, Cailtlin and the various Wells and it isn't that they are not needed - it is that they are overused, just like the DEO and Green Arrows sidekicks. Yes, Caitlin was just basically meant to be anybody's love interest and her powers making her evil was just stupid - I'm hoping they'll fix this with the reveal she has always had Killer Frost in her.

Part of the fun aspect of superheroes is dealing with keeping their identities secret and the struggle of having to carry the burden on their own. Star Labs, the DEO and Team Arrow would be more enjoyable if they were just recurring characters that the heroes turned occasionally. Maybe even give them their solo episodes to keep them around but the heroes should be mainly alone.

The season long arcs have to go too. Arrow had the right end to have two big bads this season, giving us two stories instead of dragging it out all season. The Thinker was a great villain and well portrayed by the actor but he and Disney were the only reason the season didn't fall apart.

All three shows (Legends lost me long ago) need to do what Oliver said - go back to basics.

I do like Cisco, Cailtlin and the various Wells and it isn't that they are not needed - it is that they are overused, just like the DEO and Green Arrows sidekicks. Yes, Caitlin was just basically meant to be anybody's love interest and her powers making her evil was just stupid - I'm hoping they'll fix this with the reveal she has always had Killer Frost in her.

Part of the fun aspect of superheroes is dealing with keeping their identities secret and the struggle of having to carry the burden on their own. Star Labs, the DEO and Team Arrow would be more enjoyable if they were just recurring characters that the heroes turned occasionally. Maybe even give them their solo episodes to keep them around but the heroes should be mainly alone.

The season long arcs have to go too. Arrow had the right end to have two big bads this season, giving us two stories instead of dragging it out all season. The Thinker was a great villain and well portrayed by the actor but he and Disney were the only reason the season didn't fall apart.

All three shows (Legends lost me long ago) need to do what Oliver said - go back to basics.

I can accept Cisco staying. Especially if the writers are still hellbent on having gadgets defeats metas of the week. I find that even ridiculous. Barry has super speed and shouldn't need tech built to subdue metas. Moving on, I've grown tired of the different versions of Wells. With Caitlin, they don't need a doctor. They established that metas can heal, right?

About the overuse, have Cisco and Caitlin ever missed an episode?

I can accept Cisco staying. Especially if the writers are still hellbent on having gadgets defeats metas of the week. I find that even ridiculous. Barry has super speed and shouldn't need tech built to subdue metas. Moving on, I've grown tired of the different versions of Wells. With Caitlin, they don't need a doctor. They established that metas can heal, right?

About the overuse, have Cisco and Caitlin ever missed an episode?

I think there have been episodes without Caitlin, but I think Cisco has been in everyone.

I do like like all the characters - except Iris and Wally (they are both badly written characters and poorly performed) - but there is just too many there all the time. There shouldn't be a Team Flash - there should be The Flash.

Also, from now on can we have a Big Bad/New Threat that hasn't be created by Team Flash? Just about everyone who has hurt, mutated and killed in the series is a direct result of Barry's and Star Labs actions. It is hypocritical that they fight and lock up metas they created when they themselves roam free creating more problems.:oldrazz:

I think "We are the Flash" is meant to be like "We are Venom". Together Barry and Iris run like a turd in the wind. :o

The turd in the wind is to Venom's victim. Not to Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"