The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 23 "Finish Line"

Just please, for the love of God, don't ever let Barry say that he wasn't fast enough to stop a villain during next season.lol

Let Season 3 be the last to feature any evil speedsters and they really need to revamp team flash.

Or have any future Evil Speedsters be merely peers of Flash, where clashes are framed as matters of skill and cleverness. So, Dr Fast wins Round 1 via some moves Barry hasn't seen before, then Barry wins Round 3 by adapting and using some moves of his own. No different than any other notably powerful villain of the week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the singularity reopen because Eddie killed himself, as time was unstable because Eobard was erased from existence which should've changed everything in the timeline? So shouldn't that same thing have happened now that Savitar has been erased from time?

I mean I know we have the whole time remnant thing, but I just assumed that was a byproduct of closing the wormhole.

Either way their rules of time still don't make sense, and basically change with each episode.

The singularity only happened because it was a possible side effect of Wells/Thawne's time machine. The paradox triggered it, yes, but not in a vacuum. It appears that, in general, nasty paradoxes tend to result in time wraiths ( or zombie speedsters ) instead, as a protective mechanism.

-Hopefully Caitlin gets to be more anti-heroish next season (given that comic book Caitlin is tat way and part of Batman's new JL team, it'd fit).

-Hopefully Iris gets a story that gives her some actual agency of her own (and not just at the very end as a desperate way to salvage things). Do more with the reporter thing, or make her a cop like her dad, or have her run for office, whatever just something.

-Hopefully Gypsy sticks around more and we get to see her and Cisco's dynamic develop.

-Hopefully we see more of Jesse and they stop they stop writing her in and out of the show at random.

-Hopefully the show isn't a depressing slog to get through next next season.

I think it would be kinda cool if:

1. Caitlin joins the Legends.

2. Wally gets more than just 1 episode as "The Flash". Maybe take the first 6-7 episodes to show him as "the guy" until he runs into a threat that forces the team to find a solution to save Barry from the Speed force.

The only problem with the 2nd suggestion is "what happens to Wally"? He can't go back to being Kid Flash and having him run around in the Flash alongside Barry is kinda dumb (regardless of what the comics did).

Now would be a great time for a Titans show to be produced to give him space as the only speedster...

So apparently, there was a speed force storm from the Flash Rebirth comics right? (I'm not an expert on Flash comics) Does this mean there's going to be multiple Flashes off screen in Central City? Or they might do something else with their lives outside of Central City. Who knows if this is how Godspeed gets his powers or Earth 1 Hunter Zolomon? What if Barry comes out of the speed force next season and ends up being the new Black Flash with a black suit on? Then the team has to figure out a way to get him back to normal.

So apparently, there was a speed force storm from the Flash Rebirth comics right? (I'm not an expert on Flash comics) Does this mean there's going to be multiple Flashes off screen in Central City? Or they might do something else with their lives outside of Central City. Who knows if this is how Godspeed gets his powers or Earth 1 Hunter Zolomon? What if Barry comes out of the speed force next season and ends up being the new Black Flash with a black suit on? Then the team has to figure out a way to get him back to normal.
they made clear that season 4 the next big villain will be the thinker which was the only thing the promised for it everything after that is unkown. and it for one season only ,that we'll be free of speedster as the major villain of the season.

they made clear that season 4 the next big villain will be the thinker which was the only thing the promised for it everything after that is unkown. and it for one season only ,that we'll be free of speedster as the major villain of the season.

I already know season 4's villain will be DeVoe/The Thinker, including the rogues early in the season leading up to his reveal. I was just wondering if they'll save Godspeed or whoever became speedsters in the storm for a possible future season beyond that time.

Hey guys and girls,
short question, why did not Wally lose his powers, when savitar disappeared???

It was a little jarring to go from this Iris earlier this season...

Barry: That's why he wanted me to kill Solovar. And you know what? I should have. I showed too much mercy.
Iris: No, you did what was right, Barry, as you always do. That's what makes you a hero.
Barry: Oliver has killed. He's still considered a hero.
Iris: Yeah, and he lives with the weight of that decision every single day.
Barry: I think that sometimes, the only way to stop bad things from happening is to just get rid of what's causing them.
Iris: What is this really about? Grodd or what happens to me?
Barry: I kill Grodd, his attack never happens, that changes the future, and you live, yeah.
Iris: Your humanity, showing mercy, that is what separates you from everyone else. That's the reason that everyone looks up to you. Don't compromise who you are ever. Losing what makes The Flash, The Flash. My life isn't worth it if that's the cost to save me.

...to the one in the finale willing to shoot and kill Savitar Barry. However, it's at least something that was touched on in the finale when Iris responded to Barry's question, "Are you okay, I mean, with what you did?" with "I'm sure one day, it'll hit me." So, according to Iris' own standards, what she did with Savitar Barry was wrong and unheroic. Is she going to be someone who will get her hands dirty, so to speak, so that Barry's can remain clean?

I already know season 4's villain will be DeVoe/The Thinker, including the rogues early in the season leading up to his reveal. I was just wondering if they'll save Godspeed or whoever became speedsters in the storm for a possible future season beyond that time.
I'm aware .which what the words every thing after that is unknown. You can speculate. But no one knows for the time being, where the writers of this mindset are at. They left no hints and its likely they aren't thinking beyond the thinker.

they don't do that since it's clear they write their show with in the season they are airing the show.

Hey guys and girls,

Same reason when Eobard Thawne was erased from existence towards the end of season 1, they found a way to stop the singularity and the timeline paradox remained as it was. Without Eddie being born there's no Eobard and without him he never goes back in time and kill Barry's mother. His actions led to our Barry becoming the Flash in 2014. It led to Cisco and Caitlin becoming who they are now.

Hey guys and girls,
Wally's power are still supposed to be in incubation mode . each pers that was hit by the accelerator explosion or simlar has different from other in becoming a meta with their powers. some people hittake longer then others for their powers to emerge after they are mutated .

But savitar's stone through out the season speeded up the process of wally powers and other characters emerging early then they should.

Since Savitar was the result of wally powers emerging if he didn't exist to give wally speed up on the wait time wally power wouldn't currently be here . he's still be waiting for them to come about naturally and he be a pain in the neck wanting tit to happen as a result of that sadly with the way the writer are making him.

Last edited:
I'm aware .which what the words every thing after that is unknown. You can speculate. But no one knows for the time being, where the writers of this mindset are at. They left no hints and its likely they aren't thinking beyond the thinker.

they don't do that since it's clear they write their show with in the season they are airing the show.

Just because the writers haven't thought ahead doesn't mean we can't make predictions and theories based off comic book easter eggs like the speed force storm towards the end of the finale, I wasn't being serious dude.

Just because the writers haven't thought ahead doesn't mean we can't make predictions and theories based off comic book easter eggs like the speed force storm towards the end of the finale, I wasn't being serious dude.
I did say in that quote you can speculate . so I wasn't saying you can't ether.

but it's likely not in their thoughts right now, if at all . they are likely off on vacation before the is coming season and when they come back they'll be how to make the thinker a threatsince they are stuck in their formula of making the show .

I'm hoping they introduce Godspeed this season, but not as the villain. Have him be on Barry/Wally's side all season, and the final scene of the season shows him stealing the speed and killing another speedster. They then build on that for season 5 and have Godspeed as the big bad for season 5.

I asked this question during the episode, but I guess nobody saw it: why didn't the team use Savitar's spike to find him after he captured Iris? They just waited for him to show up at Infantino Street.

I asked this question during the episode, but I guess nobody saw it: why didn't the team use Savitar's spike to find him after he captured Iris? They just waited for him to show up at Infantino Street.
I must have missed it as well. sorry about that. but thread get busy alot

I think the writer's ofthe show only wanted H.R. to be the only one to notice this and he had to keep it away from barry. other wise savitar would know as he explain when he picked up iris at the start of the show before disguising him self as her .

sadly if any of the others would notice anything about it and tell the rest "barry's al ways in the room" and as I said many time's before the one of the way to beat savitar was to not let barry Know.

that was the only reason they broke the loop to degree cause he finally made sure barry wasn't inthe know. and barry didn't do his his poor chose making cause as result of this action and bring about the time Remanent by going to the speed force to pick them up and ask for their help.

that's pretty much it.

It's mostly that's how the writers wanted it and that barry can't be in the room which they made it impossible to telling any of the other's with out barry in the same space giving savitar the advanage. they didn't let other be smart and exclude barry.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they introduce Godspeed this season, but not as the villain. Have him be on Barry/Wally's side all season, and the final scene of the season shows him stealing the speed and killing another speedster. They then build on that for season 5 and have Godspeed as the big bad for season 5.
People would still say that is the same plot because team Flash lets someone into their inner circle. That person then turns out to be a villain.

So they could conveniently have HR use it to write their way out of Iris's death and write off an HR character that probably wasn't as well received as the other Well's characters. :whatever:

People would still say that is the same plot because team Flash lets someone into their inner circle. That person then turns out to be a villain.

But he becomes a villain, he isn't in their inner circle to use them. Have where Godspeed is essentially a good guy gone bad, but the team doesn't know about it until season 5.

All season he can be someone who Team Flash trusts and relies on because he is a good guy. Later in the season, he gets the want to become faster, accidentally kills and steals the power from another speedster, and becomes addicted. That's the last scene of the season. Then season 5, there are reports of people being killed, with the similarity being they were all speedsters. You can even have where Godspeed is "killed" since he can duplicate himself. It would be more of a detective type of storyline where the entire season is spent trying to find out who it is. He's eventually revealed and defeated by Barry and Wally.

I think it would be kinda cool if:

1. Caitlin joins the Legends.

2. Wally gets more than just 1 episode as "The Flash". Maybe take the first 6-7 episodes to show him as "the guy" until he runs into a threat that forces the team to find a solution to save Barry from the Speed force.

The only problem with the 2nd suggestion is "what happens to Wally"? He can't go back to being Kid Flash and having him run around in the Flash alongside Barry is kinda dumb (regardless of what the comics did).

Now would be a great time for a Titans show to be produced to give him space as the only speedster...

They could have Wally operate in Keystone while Barry continues to be in Central City.

They could have Wally operate in Keystone while Barry continues to be in Central City.
I don't think there's much happening to begin with with keystone. which is why I rather he be in the titan's still as found and he leave and come back with jessie . but there's also earth 2 as an option too since there's a version of mirror master there and other tech villain's there.

Zoom brought all the meta's he know's to earth 2 including evil version's of the hawks. I doubt he brought all since the might some that alike to be independently evil. but we'll see. if they ever get around to that.

Just finished watching this. I missed it on Monday because the channel was out for some reason.

I really liked it! HR getting switched with Iris in order to save her was pretty good. I was iffy about his character, but I liked him more than I didn't. He didn't intend to sacrifice himself, but when he found himself in the situation he carried it through right to the end.

I think them trying to give Savibar a second chance even after he killed HR was right in the Heroes Handbook. It was good that they tried, but thanks to Cisco it was a no-go for Barrytar!

I think Frost twitching back to good was a little too easy. She was ready to kill Cisco until Savyar told her not to. But I like how she's stuck in the middle of the two extremes. Next season I hope she's more like Caitlyn but with that Frost wickedness.

As to the very end, I see it as kind of fitting. This is penance for Barry, as he has fumbled with Time far too often and left a number of consequences trailing in his wake. He's been fast enough to keep ahead of them, but it would always catch up, no matter what. And as his 'Mother' stated, it won't be a Hell for him. I think it will be as if the accident ever happened for him.

I bet in the next season, when they try to get him out, he won't want to come out at first, mostly because he wouldn't remember what was 'real' or not.

Anyway, I liked it a lot. Gave it a TEN.

...to the one in the finale willing to shoot and kill Savitar Barry. However, it's at least something that was touched on in the finale when Iris responded to Barry's question, "Are you okay, I mean, with what you did?" with "I'm sure one day, it'll hit me." So, according to Iris' own standards, what she did with Savitar Barry was wrong and unheroic. Is she going to be someone who will get her hands dirty, so to speak, so that Barry's can remain clean?

No. What she did was save Barry's life, not murder Savibaryy. There's a broad difference between just killing someone because they are a nuisance, and killing someone intent on killing another.

Iris saved Barry's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"