The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 23 "Finish Line"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
SEASON 3 FINALE -"FINISH LINE"

SEASON FINALE – With nothing left to lose, Barry takes on Savitar in the conclusion to season three.

M1vuJ1k.png

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing.
Original airdate 5/23/2017.

Promo:
[YT]kdoy0o1eyoY[/YT]

Sneak peek clips:
[YT]ruBpEK19PvY[/YT]

[YT]rjl2yiCWxAc[/YT]

Last edited:
Maybe they kill each other off, and Wally will be the main Flash from next season onwards? That would be a twist nobody sees coming at least.

Maybe they kill each other off, and Wally will be the main Flash from next season onwards? That would be a twist nobody sees coming at least.

I wouldn't even consider that to be a possibility until we get to around season 8, CW is gonna want to hang on to Grant/Barry for as long as they can. Especially since they just made Grant a new suit.

Yeah, now that the immediate danger of embargoes has passed, I don't see that happening. And if it did, it'd be a pretty big problem. I like Wally, but I have not seen any evidence he could sustain the show on his own.

Wally will not carry the show. Grant has until season 7 or 8 until the writers consider doing anything that drastic.

What does it mean "with nothing left to lose"? Has Savitar already killed off Iris in the previous episode? Why would it phrase it like that?

What does it mean "with nothing left to lose"? Has Savitar already killed off Iris in the previous episode? Why would it phrase it like that?

exactly my thought..... if he has nothing left to lose... that means there s a big chance she died..

if she does, i just hope and pray that he is not going back in time and re-making the same mistakes...

it is getting old

:hmr:

How does Savitar know which one is a time remnant and which one is the original? How does he know he's leaving the remnant alive and not the actual one?

What if original Barry takes the time remnant's place instead and changes the future so that when Savitar is about to kill Iris, suddenly a different version of him appears in his place that doesn't want to kill her and isn't evil?

How does Savitar know which one is a time remnant and which one is the original? How does he know he's leaving the remnant alive and not the actual one?

What if original Barry takes the time remnant's place instead and changes the future so that when Savitar is about to kill Iris, suddenly a different version of him appears in his place that doesn't want to kill her and isn't evil?
it has to do with that weird "un explained mental link" that only he seems to be able to access that original barry and his former self that has yet to be brought from the speed force from his reality don't know how to do yet ability wise.

I'm still wounder how he was able to do mental attack on wally and others. speedster don't have psionic ability's to project on others that aren't them selves .

"Nothing left to lose" means something of that nature has happened. Shame it can't stay true, they will probably reboot her if it does.

I wonder if we'll see Barry record a message to say "don't trust future Barry" like we heard in Legends. Or is that a future Barry (eg from 2024) who records that about Savitar rather than present Barry recording it now? I suppose he could record it earlier though, since things have already been changed.

Who did Barry record that message for in the first place? And why did Rip Hunter have that stored on the Waverider (which Jax discovered)?

But what if that is the event that sets things off in motion? Maybe future Barry is shunned and no-one trusts him because of that message, even though there's nothing wrong with him, so feeling isolated and betrayed, he turns to evil and becomes Savitar.

I wonder if we'll see Barry record a message to say "don't trust future Barry" like we heard in Legends. Or is that a future Barry (eg from 2024) who records that about Savitar rather than present Barry recording it now? I suppose he could record it earlier though, since things have already been changed.

Who did Barry record that message for in the first place? And why did Rip Hunter have that stored on the Waverider (which Jax discovered)?

But what if that is the event that sets things off in motion? Maybe future Barry is shunned and no-one trusts him because of that message, even though there's nothing wrong with him, so feeling isolated and betrayed, he turns to evil and becomes Savitar.

it was future barry this version we've always been fallowing changed/ altered things by finding H.r.'s new love interest earlier then they should inthe present day by 5 years. In 2024. H.R. and her never hooked up thus now that future is alternate and is of a reality of it's own now.

Also what different is future barry trapped savitar in that crystal . in the present they made that bazooka future barry never made the connecting that those two things were related .

Last edited:
it was future barry this version we've always been fallowing changed/ altered things by finding H.r.'s new love interest earlier then they should inthe present day by 5 years. In 2024. H.R. and her never hooked up thus now that future is alternate and is of a reality of it's own now.

Also what different is future barry trapped savitar in that crystal . in the present they made that bazooka future barry never made the connecting that those two things were related .

I know it was the Barry we've always been following. But I wanted to know when he recorded the message. Was it some years in the future (about Savitar/future Flash) or could it be now (about Savitar/future Flash)?

I know it was the Barry we've always been following. But I wanted to know when he recorded the message. Was it some years in the future (about Savitar/future Flash) or could it be now (about Savitar/future Flash)?
I think it was during the 5 years after iris death (for future barry of 2024) when he found H.R.'s current girl friend which he's(h.R.) not with in 2024.
poin is it was barry of 2024 for now.

I think it was during the 5 years after iris death (for future barry of 2024) when he found H.R.'s current girl friend which he's(h.R.) not with in 2024.
poin is it was barry of 2024 for now.

But did the message that the Legends found have anything to do with HR's girlfriend? I don't recall that being in the equation at all.

And why does Barry of 2024 have a deeper voice anyway? 5 years is not a long time. One's voice might deepen later in life when they're much older, but it's not like he was suddenly 50 years old in 2024. If Barry is 27 now in 2017, then he's just going to be 32 in 2024.

And if he has long hair in 2024 because he couldn't be bothered to cut it, then why doesn't he have a beard too? Why is he still clean shaven?

But did the message that the Legends found have anything to do with HR's girlfriend? I don't recall that being in the equation at all.

And why does Barry of 2024 have a deeper voice anyway? 5 years is not a long time. One's voice might deepen later in life when they're much older, but it's not like he was suddenly 50 years old in 2024. If Barry is 27 now in 2017, then he's just going to be 32 in 2024.

And if he has long hair in 2024 because he couldn't be bothered to cut it, then why doesn't he have a beard too? Why is he still clean shaven?
I'm saying it's was likely during that time since he made it. which mean iris was dead and he was likely looking for a way to stop savitar still. as to the deeper voice in reality ( real life ) when you get older your voice does change. but skipping this fact and it's possible that if barry find out his full potentail he may decelerate his age and your right 5 year's. but some people are different .

but we may also have to take into account there are two things he was depressed and he sent the message through time to reach rip. not all recording device's have you sound like you do to your ear. some old voice record that aren't digital had me sound different to my ear's before we made the jump to cd's and other digital forms. I guess it depend's on a lot of things the equipment he used to send it.

There could be alot of reason's for that. Even one's the writers didn't think or care any one from the fanbase would question . kinda like your doing now.

lol most he writers on the cw aren't used to audience like us that think and investigate and look deeper. their usual audience are those that guggenheim loves from socil media like tumblr etc

I have to keep reminding myself often this is not a show for adults, at least it doesn't carry the maturity for it. The writers clearly think we are too dense to dot the I's and cross the T's in these obvious details. I feel like I'm being insulted every time I watch these parts of the show.

Maybe he took up smoking.

I wouldn't even consider that to be a possibility until we get to around season 8, CW is gonna want to hang on to Grant/Barry for as long as they can. Especially since they just made Grant a new suit.

yeah, I know, I was being facetious, but after last episode I really wouldn't mind it.

8 seasons seems a stretch to me, but, then again, Arrow is still going to have a next season, so...

I think the actual problem is that if Grant actually succeeds the jump to the big screen, I doubt he will stick around for that long in any case, though.

8 seasons seems a stretch to me, but, then again, Arrow is still going to have a next season, so...

I think the show has to be at least 10 seasons, because the 2023-24 season is when Barry fights the Reverse Flash and goes back to his mother's murder and saves his younger self. That newspaper article in April 2024 wouldn't happen unless the show goes up to season 10, and that would be the perfect way to end the series.

Surely Jay and Jesse are going to show up to help defeat Savitar? If not what was their entire point this year?

I don't get how some people are speculating "Iris" is HR. This promo shows HR on the roof after Iris's death (unless plot twist: that's Harry, somehow). I definitely don't think Iris is actually dead, though. This is a fake out of some kind. If Iris was a speedster I'd say this was a time remnant that died, but... :oldrazz:

I don't get how some people are speculating "Iris" is HR. This promo shows HR on the roof after Iris's death (unless plot twist: that's Harry, somehow). I definitely don't think Iris is actually dead, though. This is a fake out of some kind. If Iris was a speedster I'd say this was a time remnant that died, but... :oldrazz:

it could of been a flash back in the promo and shows how hr got there in the first place
i dont think we see hr and barry/iris together in th promo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"