The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 23 "Finish Line"

I just assume that Barry was unaware of the prison during his previous visits to the Speedforce. In S1 and S2 he wouldn't be aware of it, especially because it is his future self who creates it. Or has it created.

oh, it's cause he forgot about it. this only started when they became aware of savitar and that crystal . any thing before he didn't know about it. and there was also lack of info about thing's. even if they had the info it's clear he and the others wouldn't have thought of this. as soon they found about the crystal and put it into the speed force they were sorta screwed .

Sadly Again alot of thing's they should have noticed or occurred to them they didn't and there's the added lack of info when they needed it .

and even if they had the info the show has made it overly clear that they aren't bright sadly. with their point's of when they should have excluded barry and made a plan of their own like H.R. finally understood when he tracked Iris down using that spike fro msavitar's armor .

oo just like the point when barry was so obsessed with his heist with snart to rob Argus and when Cisco heard there was meta human dampener thing's should have clicked and he just should have just went . Yo barry do yur thang And as soon as barry left with snart .

Cisco should have went everyone get me part's We're building a meta human dampener as fast as possible and our barry can't ever know about it.

Last edited:
I think they just forgot about how the tech worked and hoped viewers would too, so that they could switch HR with Iris.

Why would Barry need to go into the speed force? Why does there always have to be someone in there? That seems to be a changed premise from previous seasons.

Savitar would have been IN that prison during S1 and S2. The Speed Force exists outside of time. So having a prisoner there means that you've had a prisoner there since time existed, and until it will end. The second future flash built the prison and locked Savitar there, it needed to stay that way. Hence why Wally needed to take his place for him to get out. Then why Jay took HIS place. Then when Jay got out, everything went to hell.

The speed force existed fine before without there needing to be a prisoner, or even when Barry went back in time.

Except it was always there. Barry was just unaware of it.

Why suddenly now that Savitar has blinked out of existence does it become unstable and threaten to engulf the world? Savitar didn't even exist in seasons 1 and 2, and certainly neither Jay nor Wally were occupying the speed force in place of Barry.

Why are you assuming that because the team didn't know about Savitar that he didn't exist? Savitar was in the prison. Needed the philosopher stone to get out. That was the whole point of season three.

Think of the series of events having happened infinite times. Savitar breaks free, kills Iris, Barry makes remnants to stop him, Savitar "kills" those remnants, Barry locks him away (outside of time), Savitar contacts team Flash, and the cycle continues.

Savitar is and was always locked away, until he got out having wally take his place, then jay. Which was all pre-destined to happen. Breaking the loop, is what broke the Speed Force.

And what about every time Eobard Thawne changed time? He wasn't required to be prisoner in there either.

Being a prisoner has nothing to do with changing time. Barry is using it as his own emotional penance for messing with time. But really it's a power vacuum in the Speed Force that Barry needs to plug.

And what happened to the speed wraiths? Why is it the Black Flash who has been chasing people now? He wasn't even around before the end of season 2.

The time wraiths seemed to take over Zoom at the end of Season 2. My guess is they use him as their errand boy now, because he's faster than they are. He's basically a time wraith possessed speedster.

holy fuxx, was that an disastrous episode, like, wtf, how is that actually their finale? That was so corny and stupid at times, I'm floored, and the whole Savy-ending is pretty much bs, because not only was he a lame-ass villain but of course Jay would turn up out of nowhere, only so Barry has to take his place instead later on.

Well, nobody is surprised about the whole H.R. and Iris thing, but, daaaamn, that ending! They really fisted the concept of what the speed-force actually is, like up to their elbow, just so their can use it for that contrived cliffhanger at the end.

About everything in this final left me lackluster or just shaking my head, but that's really not something that came out from nowhere, so I'm a little disappointed but not surprised.

holy fuxx, was that an disastrous episode, like, wtf, how is that actually their finale? That was so corny and stupid at times, I'm floored, and the whole Savy-ending is pretty much bs, because not only was he a lame-ass villain but of course Jay would turn up out of nowhere, only so Barry has to take his place instead later on.

Well, nobody is surprised about the whole H.R. and Iris thing, but, daaaamn, that ending! They really fisted the concept of what the speed-force actually is, like up to their elbow, just so their can use it for that contrived cliffhanger at the end.

About everything in this final left me lackluster or just shaking my head, but that's really not something that came out from nowhere, so I'm a little disappointed but not surprised.
tencically it was the fact that craystal that both wally and jay were trapped in that cause the problem inthe first place it was unstable not the speed for but sadly barry made the mistake of putting that crystal prison inthe speed force and since that crystal was designed to always need a prsioner it became un stable and was make the spped force untable which effected the city . the point is bother good versions of barry made a mistake future barry made the mistake of sending the craytal back intime to ancient egypt for it to be found by an archeologist
when he should have destroyed with have sent to to the sun or doing
what Eobard did in doom world have a machine that brun as powerful as the sun destory like Eobard did with the spear of destiny

current day barry the same mistake sadly cause him jay though the spped force of all place was good way to get ride of but you can't just throw thing away cause this series made it clear it always come back to bit you. but sadly they did that . they have access to friends with ship that can go into space that has missiles and he just didn't think of ether then too. he could have a well like device built that burned as powerfully as the sun too built but these thought's don't come to barry or any of the star labs team sadly.

now when he went to future to get answers later inthe season that version just didn't feel like talking and still gace him a lack of info mation. which lead back yto the crystal. future had it made with h.r.'s girlfriend which never gotto gether with h.r. during that time period both her and future barry designed it a certain way. and that the crystal always needed a prisoner. other it'll have problems by it's self.

but sadly with current day barry both him and Jay who didn't know about these details put that piece in the speed force to be forgotten .

so inaverted current day barry caused trouble for the city and speed force too. next to cause falsh point. the speed force isn't at play here it's barry's action both his and future barry cause of ppor chose's and the fact when some thing that should give them and iad is intheir face they don't notice it. being he's not bright sadly. there's the problem. he kept causing continuous problem's with his action's cause even when he had lot's of time on his hands chose not to think straight if at all . and it all came back on him . the speed force jail was future barry's creation but it wasn't supposed to be in the speed force it's self .

but current day barry put in it into the speed force. so sadly next to flash point barry is responsible for all of this . it's start's and end with him action wise.

the speed force was in danger do that crystal and it was had made by a Barry and put in by current day Barry. next time use the sun or build a device that burn's as powerful like it. to get rid of the litteral object of problems. Don't toss it and for get. nothing good comes from it.

Last edited:
This seemed weak in comparison to Season One Finale, heck even season two had a good wrap up. The problem i think for this season is how Flashpoint was resolved way to fast and the consequences for it weren't as dire as it should've been. Not to mention the build up of Savitar being an evil Barry was anti-cilmatic. The speed force storm was good and having Jay back. H.R. sacrifice seemed forced but the most likely outcome.

Hopefully Season 4 they go back to basic fun Flash.

I wouldn't even consider that to be a possibility until we get to around season 8, CW is gonna want to hang on to Grant/Barry for as long as they can. Especially since they just made Grant a new suit.

weeell, lookie here, it seems they got rid of the Flash in the last episode, like I predicted it. :3

... yeah, I know, not happening, but I can still hope.

tencically it was the fact that craystal that both wally and jay were trapped in that cause the problem inthe first place it was unstable not the speed for but sadly barry made the mistake of putting that crystal prison inthe speed force and since that crystal was designed to always need a prsioner it became un stable and was make the spped force untable which effected the city . the point is bother good versions of barry made a mistake future barry made the mistake of sending the craytal back intime to ancient egypt for it to be found by an archeologist
when he should have destroyed with have sent to to the sun or doing
what Eobard did in doom world have a machine that brun as powerful as the sun destory like Eobard did with the spear of destiny

current day barry the same mistake sadly cause him jay though the spped force of all place was good way to get ride of but you can't just throw thing away cause this series made it clear it always come back to bit you. but sadly they did that . they have access to friends with ship that can go into space that has missiles and he just didn't think of ether then too. he could have a well like device built that burned as powerfully as the sun too built but these thought's don't come to barry or any of the star labs team sadly.

now when he went to future to get answers later inthe season that version just didn't feel like talking and still gace him a lack of info mation. which lead back yto the crystal. future had it made with h.r.'s girlfriend which never gotto gether with h.r. during that time period both her and future barry designed it a certain way. and that the crystal always needed a prisoner. other it'll have problems by it's self.

but sadly with current day barry both him and Jay who didn't know about these details put that piece in the speed force to be forgotten .

so inaverted current day barry caused trouble for the city and speed force too. next to cause falsh point. the speed force isn't at play here it's barry's action both his and future barry cause of ppor chose's and the fact when some thing that should give them and iad is intheir face they don't notice it. being he's not bright sadly. there's the problem. he kept causing continuous problem's with his action's cause even when he had lot's of time on his hands chose not to think straight if at all . and it all came back on him . the speed force jail was future barry's creation but it wasn't supposed to be in the speed force it's self .

but current day barry put in it into the speed force. so sadly next to flash point barry is responsible for all of this . it's start's and end with him action wise.

the speed force was in danger do that crystal and it was had made by a Barry and put in by current day Barry. next time use the sun or build a device that burn's as powerful like it. to get rid of the litteral object of problems. Don't toss it and for get. nothing good comes from it.

nothing, absolutely nothing of the speed force or why it 'needs' a speedster in it makes any sense, that's not what the speed force is, it's not a prison or whatever they pulled out of their behinds for this season. I know, it is now, because it's the interpretation of the show, but it is just nonsense if you are familiar with what the speed force actually is, how it is a force, connecting the speedster, and not something intelligent that's 'granting' powers to dumbasses. In the show it has pretty much turned into contrived bs the writers are using to pull another overdramatic cliffhanger, or an excuse why Jay is still around without actually being around.

holy cow, I would not have expected it, but I'm honestly more upset about what a convoluted mess they turned the speed force into than what they did with Barry. xD

Last edited:
nothing, absolutely nothing of the speed force or why it 'needs' a speedster in it makes any sense, that's not what the speed force is, it's not a prison or whatever they pulled out of their behinds for this season. I know, it is now, because it's the interpretation of the show, but it is just nonsense if you are familiar with what the speed force actually is, how it is a force, connecting the speedster, and not something intelligent that's 'granting' powers to dumbasses. In the show it has pretty much turned into contrived bs the writers are using to pull another overdramatic cliffhanger, or an excuse why Jay is still around without actually being around.

holy cow, I would not have expected it, but I'm honestly more upset about what a convoluted mess they turned the speed force into than what they did with Barry. xD

it has not to do with the speed force and more to do with that stupid crsytal to contained savitar that future barry built it's the jail.

it was designed that to always need prisoner and it wasn't supposed to be in the speed force to begin with the latter part was both barry and jay fault . but they didn't know . it was mostly future barry fault for sending the crystal back in time to ancient Egypt

when he should have had it sent to the sun or bult some like to destory it in story.

I do agree with that rest like why that same crystal was about to give another potential meta's their powers and how he was able to do thing that psionic power's user are supposed to do that speedster should be capable of was possible and poorly explained.

And there's a lot rushed.

It's due to them writing this thing with in the same season they are airing it at. which is why I think that part of their formula needs to change among others. they should have thse story's all figured out and plotted befor they air and they really need to have people look at so they can understand the response for the audience befor it hit the television air waves .

and as to jay they really didn't say if he has much of personal life in his reality/ earth . earth 3 I believe. it's weird I know.

cisco sort of explained why jay was back, he made the speedfoce bazooka into a skeleton key for the speedforce, i assume it relased jay from the prison he was in and came to earth 1 to help barry defeat savitar.

good to see the writers seemed to make barry look like the faster/better speedster....they went on and on this season about wally's speed that they might as well use him as there "fastest man alive" hero.
however after they all chased savitar it was barry that seemed to make it to him.

I'm hoping after barry somehow gets out of the speedforce he's more powerful, it would be nice to see a progress in his speed and have it made known pretty clearly but the show tends to make every speedster faster or just as fast with less experience, it makes no sense.

season 1 and 2 had better finales in my opinion, and i guess its nice to see barry willingly going into the speedforce, i doubt his experience will be like jays or wally's....barry's might be more peaceful and maybe he'll learn and grow as a speedster, maybe the speedforce will mentor him to be more in tune with his powers who knows.

cisco sort of explained why jay was back, he made the speedfoce bazooka into a skeleton key for the speedforce, i assume it relased jay from the prison he was in and came to earth 1 to help barry.

That makes wonder, what else could have been released from the speedforce by Cisco's key..?

It was all Cisco's fault that Barry now has to go in there. They could've trapped Savitar in there without his armour before he faded out of existence. I don't know if that would still count as someone being a prisoner in there if he is sent into there and then stops existing.

It was all Cisco's fault that Barry now has to go in there. They could've trapped Savitar in there without his armour before he faded out of existence. I don't know if that would still count as someone being a prisoner in there if he is sent into there and then stops existing.
the thing is cisco didn't tell him to kill savitar, which BTW barry didn't savitar went after Barry after barry showing mercy after decking him barry turned his back on him and iris had to shoot savitar.

the point is no one on team flash thought to bring the meta human damping cuff caitlin was wearing . it's not cisco's fault, it's all their fault in story. Barry shouldn't have turned his back on savitar to head to his friends and force iris to kill him.

the armor was destroyed, yes and he was fading away according both savitar and them too.

yeah they could put him in the portal but barry had to have the feeling of "it's over guys," let go home "hug's and pat's on the back " in that moment . again it's like when they celibrated when the knew they didn't capture zoom. and he came with his overly big plan which they weren't happe to see. they always celebarte too soon Dark raven.

And iris had no chose , cause savitar wouldn't let that mistake slide and barry gave him the opening. sorry in the end it's still barry fault with the other included fault too cause oops we forgot to get something to stop him from using his powers even though we have or had the device for it.

Oh wait star labs was trashed and the cuff's will be hard to find.

And it didn't occur to them that they'd need such a device that they once have or had on hand and add to the fact star labs in in rubble and those cuff's are and sadly they didn't bother to make more.

Again it's a lack of fore sight in planning not just with one of them, but with all of them and bad habit's of chose's and them all not being bright and the bad luck that let savitar trash their HQ. It's all of them.

Barry's turning his back on savitar to walk to cisco and the other's isn't bright. It's not. He wasn't knocked out. How was Barry's doing that action smart?

again they didn't the crystal always needed prisoner til it became un stable and made the speed for un stable cause both barry and jay put it in there. no told those two pu t the Crystal in that speed force.

Future Barry sent it through time and left it in eygpt. which was his bone headed mistake. but he didn't leave it in the speed force. too bad he didn't leave warning not to bother with the crystal. ( << oh yeah those work ) or better yet should have sent it to the sun or made a device like eobard did that act's like sun to destroyed it.

Cause sadly sending it through time was a mistake, it made it way to his past self where barry and his friends are in the We're bright point in time and there's no warning of don't put this in the speed force.

Last edited:
The prison makes no sense to keep. The show needs to let go of pointless drama.

Alot of thing's this season don't make sense and some of it spilled in from season 2 as well. It'll like be gone when new season begins any way.

But if we don't want see this kinda of thing's happen. the writers need to change their formula and start writing their scripts now and not during/ with in the season and more importantly make sure what they are putting in those scripts makes coherent sense and no rush jobs or skips and they need to test with a pre screening too before it goes to the real audience live tv brocast or get it seen by script doc that let you know if it 'll be accessible to the audience. No excuse's. cause them selves it's not working any more.

they have the time now to fix things. Here's hoping.

Last edited:
The prison makes no sense to keep. The show needs to let go of pointless drama.

Yeah, basically. They realized that there really wasn't an obstacle to Barry and Iris getting married, hence there would likely be less chance for another " star crossed lovers" storyline, so they basically did another variation of Barry leaving the team the way they did in S1 and S2 finales.

Given the finale, my concern is that we are gonna have a very tired, going through the motions, season four, with the show, from a creative standpoint, limping to the finish line.

Barry needs to be single in Season 4 and making up for lost time, literally. He needs to rebuild his friendships and character. Right now, I don't know anyone that truly likes him. He hasn't done a lot of heroic things this season. He should stay away longer than one episode.

The speed force is not a prison. The change they seemed to make to it for this series is that it seems to be self aware. It's an entity in itself. But it's not a prison. Future Barry created a prison IN the speed force. Which without a speedster contained in it, seems to throw the speed force off balance.

I wish Iris had gone into the speed force with Barry.

I seriously doubt they will be doing anything interesting w/ Iris during the time she's away from Barry anyway, and it would have made a lot more sense given Barry spent this entire season trying to save her and the speed force telling Barry it won't be hell for him.

Having spent a bunch of time in the speed force would also make her a WAY more interesting and useful character when they inevitably return by like ep 2 of next season.

I wish Iris had gone into the speed force with Barry.

I seriously doubt they will be doing anything interesting w/ Iris during the time she's away from Barry anyway, and it would have made a lot more sense given Barry spent this entire season trying to save her and the speed force telling Barry it won't be hell for him.

Having spent a bunch of time in the speed force would also make her a WAY more interesting and useful character when they inevitably return by like ep 2 of next season.
hmmm. your assuming a none meta can live in that environment.

she needs food and water etc. The only reason barry maybe able to live there is cause his powers are linked to the speed force and sadly he hasn't learned to transfer part/ portions of his powers of speed to others in this live action series.

Bit iffy on that finale, the speed force thing at the end just seemed to come out of knowhere. Then when it did Barry knew instantly what it was. And took 5 mins saying good bye when there was people in turmoil.

Also, RF was terrified by Black Flash in Legends, but he can be stopped that easily by Caitlin?

Bit iffy on that finale, the speed force thing at the end just seemed to come out of knowhere. Then when it did Barry knew instantly what it was. And took 5 mins saying good bye when there was people in turmoil.
hmm they threw the philosopher stone into the speed force cause jay suggested it . they locked jay in there for the rest of the season
and freed him with the speed force bazooka and but never got the philosopher stone out of the speed.

future never left it there he sent it through time and it was in acient egypt. but current day barry and jay threw the stone into the speed force. Hmmm it looks like it was was set up this way by the writers.

they just have to get that stupid crystal/ philosopher stone futur barry had made out of the speed force get barry out of it and destroy it with the same type of device Eobard made to destroy the spear of destiny in doom world in legends since they can't be bothered to call the LOT team.

Also, RF was terrified by Black Flash in Legends, but he can be stopped that easily by Caitlin?
lol different writing team's. and remember Zoom is pretty much a Zombie. and cold gun inthe flash did manage to always stop barry.

and it just may have never occurred to eobord to do that like a lot of thing's didn't occur to Barry like the meta human damper device or the rest of the team to keep Barry out of their own plans til H.r. finally fallowed through and left Barry out . with out removing barry's memory.

Last edited:
I just caught up on the second half of Season 3 thanks to Netflix uploading it 8 days after.

Being a Flash newbie and unfamiliar with the comics, I cant comment on inaccuracies, but I feel 2 words can sum up season 3.

Predictable and disappointing.

I had a feeling KF would assist them in the final battle but go off on her own at the end.

Ever since HR showed off his "image inducer", I knew i someone would sacrifice themselves in Iris' stead.

Earlier in the season, when Savitar said Im the future flash I shrugged it off. When he said he said it 2 x more times, I was thinking it cant be.

Flashpoint wasnt as different as Id thought. Yeah his parents are alive and Joes a drunkard, but after seeing the flashpoint animated movie, it doesnt compare.

I was disappointed that Alchemy was mostly a red herring for the real villain, and the adversarial relationship with Julian was jettisoned halfway to become yet another friend. also, Julian is bright but hes mostly a forensic guy. Yet hes filling in all manners of scientific fields bc of the plot.
Also, I like how all suspense about him and his ties to Savitar evaporated.

The team is too big, and I get that they have a limited budget, but it needs to be trimmed down.

At least Iris helped defeat he villain , but it strikes me as funny that Barry never FULLY defeats the villains on his own.

S1: Eddie commits suicide, indirectly ending Thawne.
S2: Time remnant sacrifices itself and Wrath defeats zoom.
S3: iris shoots Savitar.

I wish Wally was more pivotal in the last few episodes. He felt underused.

I wish S4 will be more light hearted.
Also, they really NEED to have a non speedster main villain to shake it up.
The mystery element is getting tired. Show the next villains identity up front.

Also, I hope Cisco and Gypsy cement their romance and become a couple.
Cisco has had the least attention love wise of all he cast.
Barry/Wally/Joe/HR had full love interests. Vibe needs some loving lol

Im an eternal optimist so here are the

Pros:

Grodd -two parter was great. Seeing an army of Simians in Central City rocked.

The musical episode. With all the sturm and drang, this episode was a nice breather. Nice to see Stein , Merlyn, and Winn sing and the period piece stuff.

The Cold/Barry team up episode.

Overall 7.5/10

S1: 9/10
S2: 9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95