The Full List of "Crimes" Committed by Fox's Tom Rothman - Part 1

It's not like he has any superheroes to mess up anyway. Plus, back when he was at Fox, superhero films were in a different place. Now that they rule, money talks, and his notions of how to deal with comic book films would have only adapted. Not to mention Marvel having full control on Spider-Man. Nothing's gonna change. If anything, Rothman should be looking into video game adaptations that they are just sitting on.

i don't think this will hurt/help the marvel deal, rothman is a tool, but feige has proved that he's a ruthless shark if he has to be

I guess that ruins the 23 Jump Sreet/MIB crossover. But otherwise, he wont touch Spidey and can't touch Bond.

I can see why they would hire Rothman, he is a safe choice to keep budgets low and profit being made, however, he's from a different era, and some of the decisions he made back then, would kill franchises completely now.

Can't wait for every Sony movie to be under 85 minutes so they can fit in more theater showings throughout the day. :cwink:

Was hoping to never see this guy near movies again, he ****ed up so many movies which should have been great. The x-franchise being main one, thank God they got that franchise back on track.

And Kingdom of Heaven. That one ticks me off almost as much as the X-Men fiascos.

And Kingdom of Heaven. That one ticks me off almost as much as the X-Men fiascos.

Yeah, that one really bugs me.

The other big one that always has me pulling my hair out is him turning down a James Cameron/Ridley Scott collaboration on a new Alien film in favor of Alien vs. Predator by Paul WS Anderson.

"In Hollywood you fail upwards."

The only relevant thing Kevin Smith has said in the past 20 years.

The other big one that always has me pulling my hair out is him turning down a James Cameron/Ridley Scott collaboration on a new Alien film in favor of Alien vs. Predator by Paul WS Anderson.

F***, he actually did that? Wow. That's as bad as Robinov handing the Wachowskis $250 million to make Jupiter Ascending without even seeing a script.

to be honest though, if Tom really screws up, they can always let him go.

I do believe in second chances and I think Tom is that stupid, and I hope he cools off on his micro-managing.

Seriously, Rothman’s string of films from 2000-2009 is almost unfathomable for any film studio, and this happened CONSISTENTLY for a decade. Possibly the worst consecutive run in movie history:

Big Momma’s House
Bedazzled
Dude, Where’s My Car?
Monkeybone
Say It Isn’t So
Freddy Got Fingered
Dr. Dolittle 2
Glitter
Black Knight
Joe Somebody
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Like Mike
Swimfan
Drumline
Just Married
Daredevil
Down with Love
From Justin to Kelly
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Stuck on You
Cheaper by the Dozen
Catch That Kid
Welcome to Mooseport
The Day After Tomorrow
Garfield: The Movie
I, Robot
Alien vs. Predator
Paparazzi
First Daughter
Taxi
Flight of the Phoenix
Fat Albert
Elektra
Hide and Seek
Guess Who
Fever Pitch
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
Rebound
Fantastic Four
Supercross
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Tristan & Isolde
Big Momma’s House 2
Date Movie
Aquamarine
Just My Luck
X-Men: The Last Stand
Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
John Tucker Must Die
Deck the Halls
Eragon
Night at the Museum
Epic Movie
Firehouse Dog
Pathfinder
Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Live Free or Die Hard
The Seeker
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium
Hitman
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
27 Dresses
Meet the Spartans
Jumper
Shutter
What Happens in Vegas
The Happening
Meet Dave
Space Chimps
Babylon A.D.
Max Payne
The Haunting of Molly Hartley
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Bride Wars
12 Rounds
Dragonball: Evolution
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Post Grad
All About Steve
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel

2010-2012:

Tooth Fairy
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Marmaduke
Ramona and Beezus
Vampires Suck
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Gulliver’s Travels
Big Momma’s House 3: Like Father Like Son
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules
Mr. Popper’s Penguins
Monte Carlo
What’s Your Number?
The Big Year
Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked
The Darkest Hour
This Means War
The Three Stooges
The Watch
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days
Won’t Back Down
Parental Guidance

Last edited:
if Rothman was responsible for 5 bad movies it would be a bad choice to have him. but number of movies that he personally destroyed is way to big.

i am also one of those people who thinks that his movies made less money because of him. its not hard to find out what the general public wants for a movie to make 200-300 millions domestic. they guy is insane.

Seriously, if it weren't for the money being brought in from Star Wars I-III, Avatar, and X-Men 1-7, I really don't know if 20th Century Fox would exist right now. They should be thanking their lucky stars for those three franchises. They survived for 14 more years on essentially 11 movies. And the most hilarious part of it is that the Prequel Trilogy is pretty much universally hated, Avatar has a pretty large and vocal group of critics, and half of the X-Men films have been hated. I really have NO IDEA how they've stayed afloat so long. 98% of their movies have been disasters. They have - at the MOST - two good films every year. That's insane.

Dude, Where's My Car? is the s***. :o

i still can't get over the fact that james cameron and sir ridley scott came up to a man and said they had a great idea for an alien movie and were ignored in favor of alien vs predator

god i'm still mad about that

F***, he actually did that? Wow. That's as bad as Robinov handing the Wachowskis $250 million to make Jupiter Ascending without even seeing a script.

So Robinov really is the bigger idiot I take him for just like Alan Horn during both their respective WB tenures.

Seriously, if it weren't for the money being brought in from Star Wars I-III, Avatar, and X-Men 1-7, I really don't know if 20th Century Fox would exist right now. They should be thanking their lucky stars for those three franchises. They survived for 14 more years on essentially 11 movies. And the most hilarious part of it is that the Prequel Trilogy is pretty much universally hated, Avatar has a pretty large and vocal group of critics, and half of the X-Men films have been hated. I really have NO IDEA how they've stayed afloat so long. 98% of their movies have been disasters. They have - at the MOST - two good films every year. That's insane.

Disasters? Really?

Huh?!

What the f***? I understand that hindsight is 20/20 but damn, a Cameron/Scott collaboration got turned down? The bread and butter of the entire franchise? If I saw Rothman tomorrow, I'd slap the s*** out of him, take off my glove, slap him with the glove, put the glove back on, and slap him again.

:down

I'll take Aliens vs Terminator with Cameron at the helm any day. We'd know the movie would at least be 3 out of 4 stars.

Only two of the seven X-Men movies are hated. Hardly half.

Seriously, Rothman’s string of films from 2000-2009 is almost unfathomable for any film studio, and this happened CONSISTENTLY for a decade. Possibly the worst consecutive run in movie history:

Big Momma’s House
Bedazzled
Dude, Where’s My Car?
Monkeybone
Say It Isn’t So
Freddy Got Fingered
Dr. Dolittle 2
Glitter
Black Knight
Joe Somebody
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Like Mike
Swimfan
Drumline
Just Married
Daredevil
Down with Love
From Justin to Kelly
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Stuck on You
Cheaper by the Dozen
Catch That Kid
Welcome to Mooseport
The Day After Tomorrow
Garfield: The Movie
I, Robot
Alien vs. Predator
Paparazzi
First Daughter
Taxi
Flight of the Phoenix
Fat Albert
Elektra
Hide and Seek
Guess Who
Fever Pitch
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
Rebound
Fantastic Four
Supercross
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Tristan & Isolde
Big Momma’s House 2
Date Movie
Aquamarine
Just My Luck
X-Men: The Last Stand
Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
John Tucker Must Die
Deck the Halls
Eragon
Night at the Museum
Epic Movie
Firehouse Dog
Pathfinder
Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Live Free or Die Hard
The Seeker
Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium
Hitman
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
27 Dresses
Meet the Spartans
Jumper
Shutter
What Happens in Vegas
The Happening
Meet Dave
Space Chimps
Babylon A.D.
Max Payne
The Haunting of Molly Hartley
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Bride Wars
12 Rounds
Dragonball: Evolution
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Post Grad
All About Steve
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel

2010-2012:

Tooth Fairy
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Marmaduke
Ramona and Beezus
Vampires Suck
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Gulliver’s Travels
Big Momma’s House 3: Like Father Like Son
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules
Mr. Popper’s Penguins
Monte Carlo
What’s Your Number?
The Big Year
Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked
The Darkest Hour
This Means War
The Three Stooges
The Watch
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days
Won’t Back Down
Parental Guidance

Christ, I completely forgot about Glitter and Freddy Got Fingered (which killed Tom Green's career stone dead).

I did enjoy Down With Love :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"