The Future of Venom

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Wolvenom2099, Feb 28, 2006.

1. SpideyInATree

SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

The future of Venom could have been really cool if they didn't cancel his most recent title a few years back. :(

2. superkong 500

superkong 500 Registered

Oh after reading a lot of the posts on this thread, I can say that marvel has **** up one of their greatest creations and one of spidey's greatest villains, suit auction, scorpion with the suit, and scorpion being stronger than venom, those are the lamest most stupid things I've ever heard.

I mean he auctioned a living organism and the suit accepted just like that, who the hell wrote that piece of crap of a story:mad: and btw that new scorpion venom looks lie a clown he's no venom, bring back brock

3. SpideyInATree

SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

Mark Millar is the man you're looking for.

4. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

All the venom fans feel your pain & would agree with you.

5. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

I agree with you, I thought it was a great series & should have continued on. I loved the cover art work in the series & the entire series was deffinitely a great read.:venom:

6. Roughneck

Roughneck Registered

Theoretically it would have been much coooler had he left the Scorpion suit on under the Symbiote.

7. stillanerd

stillanerd Registered

Here's what I'd like to see happen with Venom: Spidey manages to make the symbiote leave Mac Gargan. Unfortunately, the symbiote escapes and bond with someone else, but we don't know who yet. Spidey thinks it's Brock, until he learns that Brock is in the hospital, recovering from his suicide failed suicide attempt. Then Spidey encounters Venom again, and learns that it's new host is...Flash Thompson.

8. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

it could be worse it could have bloody stayed on wolverine

9. rjb182

rjb182 Jedi Gnat

Does anyone have a web address for one of these Evil Overlord Super-Suit Auctions? And is there one coming to my town??

Dibs on Magneto's helmet!

(Really, you'd think charity would prefer you um, NOT giving away your alien symbiote to someone who's likely to kill the people they're helping. But that's just me...)

10. storyteller

storyteller Registered

Normans plan for scorpion was for him to wear a new and improved suit but scopion was approached by the symbiote and now the symbiote enhance the super powered scorpion. though scorpion is still as dumb and since he really doesnt hate spiderman(i mean in the sense that brock did) he isnt fighting the same way. I hope a good writer brings this new venom back as more of a real threat(or hero who knows).

11. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

I think a cool futuristic design for venom would be changing the spider on his chest to look like the one on spider-girls black costume but with a little extra edge. I also thought costume of Venom 2099 was cool looking.

12. Genesis 1.0

Genesis 1.0 Thread Overlord's Minion

Meh, let Brock rest and bring back Reily as the new Venom, the story writes itself so there's less chance of some *****e bag screwing it up.

13. Red

Red King Littlefinger

It bonded with Wolverine?

14. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

15. Genesis 1.0

Genesis 1.0 Thread Overlord's Minion

I think that would have been an interesting turn, mini-series length but the man has too much on his plate as it is. Heh, at least it made him taller for a little while.

16. supermarvelman

supermarvelman Registered

That would be the greatest thing ever

17. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

^I have to agree, it would be a good idea. If not that then at least it would make a great what if comic.

18. supermarvelman

Bring Reily back any way you can, as Scarlet Spider, Venom anything just bring him back.

19. Wolvenom2099

Wolvenom2099 Registered

^I agree I miss Reilly, I wish they would at least bring him back as the scarlet spider but bringing him back as venom would be one helluva story arc I think.

20. supermarvelman

Thats another good idea for Venom

21. Vanguard07

Vanguard07 He who hath rhythm

I'd have enjoyed the venom symbiote on Kraven or something. A mind like Kravens but WITH super powers? *shudders*
    The Ben Reilly idea might be cool too though. But i think if you bring back Ben you gotta bring back Kaine too. Kaine was my favorite thing about the whole Clone story-arcs.

BTW is there an active Kraven now? who is he?

22. littleredhat

littleredhat Registered

Hi I'm the new girl.:)

Well onto the matter at hand. With eddie dead for now and the Scorpian most likly a temporary host who should join with the spider obsessed alien next?

Here are a few of my candidates but be sure to post yours too.

Mary-Jane.Why? It has been revealed that the alien is "in love" with Peter and will do anything to join with its first host. Just as eddie's strong feelings for spider-man attracted the alien to him(along with his tasty cancer aparently)MJ strong feelings for her husband will be very atractive to venom. And by attaching to the one that spider-man is closest to it will be able to get access to the object of its "affections". It may even attempt to impress peter by protecting his wife. It would be a very diffucult problem for Peter. And may even allow him to finally feel sypathy for the creature he so brutally rejected so long ago if he gets to hear first hand accounts from his wife's mouth.

The Hulk. Now this would just be cool. And they just might be the friend that they've both been looking for. ^_^

23. Vanguard07

Vanguard07 He who hath rhythm

... you know what?

I F***ing LOVE that MJ idea. I wasnt aware that the symbiote loved peter. I thought it just hated him cause he rejected it. But if it's true then that seems like a freakin AWESOME story

24. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

Venom 2 would technically be more lethal than Venom. Because Scorpion didn't care about "innocents", and didn't have any honor. Also, Venom 2 should technically be stronger than Venom (the suit amplifies the wearer's stregnth and Scorpion already has super stregnth). He'd even have a new power....As scorpion can shoot acid right? The suit would learn how to recreate acid.

The only thing that balances it out is that he may not know that Peter is Spider-man now.

I still think Brock is better though.

25. rodhulk

rodhulk Registered

I'd like him back at some point.