The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Mystery Man actually EVS? :o

Black Mirror is indeed the strongest of Snyder's. I even got him to sign my hardcover. Nice guy though. I did love the dynamic of Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin. I could have seen more of it. Plus if there's anyone who deserves the mantle most, it's Dick.

I really liked Dick’s turn as Batman. The period where he led the JLA was terrific. I found that lineup (Jesse Quick, Supergirl, Starman, Donna Troy, and Congorilla, with Dick as Batman) was lightning in a bottle and they had great stories with strong villains like Eclipso and the Crime Syndicate. I also agree that the dynamic between Dick and Damien was absolutely perfect.

I also agree that the dynamic between Dick and Damien was absolutely perfect.
I'm not much of a Batman fan but I found this most enjoyable. I would have read more Batman if they stuck with that longer.

Writer with an acclaimed series, art looks nice. I am cautiously optimistic...

Writer with an acclaimed series, art looks nice. I am cautiously optimistic...
Co-creator and co-writer of Lumberjanes... Should be good I reckon.

Do we know anything bout this? Series? Mini-series? Maybe a short story for the annual issue for Pride Month?

Co-creator and co-writer of Lumberjanes... Should be good I reckon.

Do we know anything bout this? Series? Mini-series? Maybe a short story for the annual issue for Pride Month?
I can't find an original source to see if it's reliable, but I see a couple tweets saying that it's some kind of digital-first series, but nothing on length.

Hasn't DC been supposedly closing for 2 years now? I can see a change in them printing comics soon but just outright selling printing rights to characters? Not impossible but seems a stretch.

But if they do, Marvel buy it all up I want those damn crossovers reprinted!

Hasn't DC been supposedly closing for 2 years now? I can see a change in them printing comics soon but just outright selling printing rights to characters? Not impossible but seems a stretch.

Hopefully there would not be a WWE/WCW scenario whereby Marvel puts over their legacy characters at the expense of DCs characters. Lol.

Reactions: NDX
Does Marvel have a Vince McMahon?

I read an article on another site that made the statement that Superboy Prime is generally hated by comics fans.

I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts. Would you agree with that statement?

Personally, he is my favorite DC villain.

I read an article on another site that made the statement that Superboy Prime is generally hated by comics fans.

I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts. Would you agree with that statement?

Personally, he is my favorite DC villain.
I know a lot of people don't like his slaughter of the Titans in Infinite Crisis, and his punching the 'walls of reality' gets a lot of stick, but I wouldn't have said that I've noticed he's hated.

Every year according to rumors, despite making record numbers.
But the last 2 years the "DC is closing" rumor sounds like copy and paste work.
As if every few months the people literally copy the old rumor and try to sell it as new.

I know a lot of people don't like his slaughter of the Titans in Infinite Crisis, and his punching the 'walls of reality' gets a lot of stick, but I wouldn't have said that I've noticed he's hated.

Yeah, cant say i noticed a lot of more extreme negativity towards him.
I like the character, he is interesting in terms of the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"