The General Marvel Discussion Thread

JMS' Thor was pretty solid. And, ironically, Siege was one of those events that actually DID make sense for the characters. Loki was manipulating Osborn, after all, and a city of gods floating in US airspace would make any military commander uneasy.

Ya I agree I liked jms spidey to we got to the other/and the crap gwen stuff. As for binder idea I would like to do that method to have less space comics are stored in. Cause I have a bunch of plastic box bins and baggy stored of comics taking up a lot of space in my room(which is only place I have to store) and thought going with binders/sheet protectors comics are put in. Would first get my collection organized and second take up less space in my room. So that is why I was asking about sheet protectors on what is best brand or what I should look into like thickness of it/acid free/archival quality material and all that.

Anyone got a favorite era of Marvel? Also are their any books that had a great creative team that you really liked? I picked up last year the Avengers vol. 1 by Kurt Busiek, and George Perez, and I really liked it. They both did a great job on the Avengers.

While most disagree, my favorite era of Marvel is the early-mid 90's. Spectacular Spider-Man 178-200 is one of my favorite runs of that time period. I forget who wrote it but the artist was Buscema, who was fantastic.

I think Bendis's run up until Heroric Age was amazing.

While it's not been my one of my favorite eras, some fantastic runs recently were the entire Immortal Iron Fist series and the recent Nova series (beginning with the Annihilation event then through his whole series, tied into Annihilation Conquest (which you only need issue 6 of the mini really), War of Kings (though you can stick to just Nova's title for that), and Thanos Imperative.

My favorite era was from the end of Secret Wars 1 to about 1990-91.

Another great era for Marvel was from 1998 after the Heroes Reborn debacle to about 2002-03, right before Bendis began his evil reign.

While it's not been my one of my favorite eras, some fantastic runs recently were the entire Immortal Iron Fist series and the recent Nova series (beginning with the Annihilation event then through his whole series, tied into Annihilation Conquest (which you only need issue 6 of the mini really), War of Kings (though you can stick to just Nova's title for that), and Thanos Imperative.
I need to get all of the Immortal Iron Fist collections. I've been wanting to for awhile. Iron Fist is a great character.

Also really like Nova. His series was awesome. So was both Annihilations series, and their mini-series. I hate that Jeph Loeb has given us this new Nova kid that will probably be getting his own new series, but not Richard Rider Nova.

Oh, and did everyone hear about Joe kubert passing away? He was 85. My best wishes to the Kubert family.

Hmm eras I don't know myself when I was a kid in the 90s I only picked up occasional book here or there at grocey stores or what not. I didn't start collecting/reading full time to about 99/00. So I only been around for modern era. So don't really have any other insights into the older stuff. Then what I read online about books/characters, and wiki stuff.

Hmm eras I don't know myself when I was a kid in the 90s I only picked up occasional book here or there at grocey stores or what not. I didn't start collecting/reading full time to about 99/00. So I only been around for modern era. So don't really have any other insights into the older stuff. Then what I read online about books/characters, and wiki stuff.
Nothing wrong with that. Do you have any favorite runs or favorite creative teams on any Marvel books from that time you stated?

Hmm def loved bendis/bagley on usm, dan slott on asm now, jms run before gwen/other stuff. And artists woould have to say jrjr one of my fav spidey artists. But since I read to now been so many artists on it and I don't recall them all but during the 3 times period there was a couple I didn't like.

My favorite era was from the end of Secret Wars 1 to about 1990-91.

Another great era for Marvel was from 1998 after the Heroes Reborn debacle to about 2002-03, right before Bendis began his evil reign.

My Dad hated that era :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"