The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Jones

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is a problem then a mod can close it. This is a thread to discuss all things JUSTICE LEAGUE.

There should be an effort to start a general discussion thread again. The rules are the rules. It's for discussion. Discussion includes debate, agreement and yes, disagreement. Like real life. If you don't want to come here this is your choice, but I shouldn't even have to be explaining this. It's why you all came to the Hype in the first place. To discuss.

Now discuss. Like any thread on the Hype. Don't be an a**hole.

Last edited:
Some of you are already being childish I see.

Anyway: I don't think the trailer will convert anyone. There wasn't enough good stuff and there wasn't enough bad stuff.

so youre saying this is a safe space, doctor jones. thanks man. i really need a place to hammer out about 2k posts and 40k words on why zack snyder is making my life miserable

It's not a safe space. Everyone's views are welcome. Good and bad. Go ahead and hammer away on those views if you want. I wanna see someone disagree too. But if someone has a problem with you, then it says more about them.

I'm trying to open a dialogue here. And this is a movie I don't care about but I deeply care about debate and challenging other view points.

Overall I enjoyed the trailer. I think and fear that they are relying to much on the whole "cgi dark atmosphere" WW/Aquamoa/Flash all look great.

Some of you are already being childish I see.

Anyway: I don't think the trailer will convert anyone. There wasn't enough good stuff and there wasn't enough bad stuff.

Yeah I agree with this. I am as hyped as I was before. Don't think it converted or dissuaded anyone.

And this is a movie I don't care about but I deeply care about debate and challenging other view points.

surely there's debate and challenging viewpoints on a myriad of other topics that interest you. life's precious and fragile, don't waste it blathering on about super hero movies, which are ostensibly for 12 year old kids, you dont even like

It's really up to you guys. You can either try to fix it or choose to not be here and be complacent with what's been here already which is unhealthy.

I'm trying to open a dialogue here. And this is a movie I don't care about but I deeply care about debate and challenging other view points.
I do appreciate you effort.

My reaction to the trailer is that it was trying to please the "dark and gritty crowd" while also attempting to come off as lighthearted and fun. For me, it failed on both points.

Let's try something new and just report the people who can't act like adults.

i think that looks like trash cgi and this movie will make less than bvs

am i doing it right?

You seen the movie? Until anyone has seen the movie predicting BO number is impossible. The CGI isn't as bad as you make it seem. Compare to Marvel, it's the same level or better for a first trailer. Movie still has 8 months to improve the CGI if needed.

Just so you know, this movie is top trending in social media and it has over 5mil view on youtube with 11mil on facebook. Seems to me a lot of people are excited to see this movie. If it's good it will make lots of money.

You seen the movie? Until anyone has seen the movie predicting BO number is impossible. There wasn't any issue with the CGI. Movie still has 8 months to improve the CGI if needed.

Just so you know, this movie is top trending in social media and it has over 5mil view on youtube with 11mil on facebook. Seems to me a lot of people are excited to see this movie. If it's good it will make lots of money.

He's pretending to say that to showcase what happened the last time this thread was opened.

This thread is going to close as well now.

I do appreciate you effort.

My reaction to the trailer is that it was trying to please the "dark and gritty crowd" while also attempting to come off as lighthearted and fun. For me, it failed on both points.

Thank you. I hope you come here regularly as well as a person who doesn't agree with you.

Let's try something new and just report the people who can't act like adults.

Yes, like any other thread. It's possible to do that and not get a thread closed about the Justice League.

Someone point this out, I wonder why they changed it.
vs49XwX.jpg

mjYO0RM.jpg

Everything about the photo that was originally released is so much more appealing.

Sure, w/e.
Thanks! I've been meaning to ask a question. Do you guys think this is Apokalips?

justiceleague40.jpg

justiceleague44.jpg
Those hard-hitting questions. :o
Where else could this be?
Do they ever go to Apokolips in Johns' origin story? Only have that movie to base off of, and they were always either on Earth or inside the mothership.

It could be Apokolips, yeah. It would explain all the fire.

Someone point this out, I wonder why they changed it.
vs49XwX.jpg

mjYO0RM.jpg

Everything about the photo that was originally released is so much more appealing.

I don't like either version but I rather they have used the one on the top.

C.Lee gonna close this faster than the speed of light.

Would they really go to Apokolips when the forces of Apokolips already came to Earth, though?

I think something like that's probably more for the sequel.

Thanks! I've been meaning to ask a question. Do you guys think this is Apokalips?

justiceleague40.jpg

justiceleague44.jpg

Nah, I don't think they will go to Apokalips - most likely, they will enter a mothership/flagship of Darkseid's army.

Yes. I also agree with you.

Now someone who disagrees can voice why. You're welcome here.

As far as CGI goes, there's a limit to how much realistic you can make it, especially when you deal with threats like Parademon and Darkseid. I am not sure you can pull it off with practical effects. The Knightmare sequence in BvS looked fantastic though.

And let's give it time, post production is still ongoing.

Btw, I didn't really see it as trash...maybe some sequences. But, most of them seemed fine to me; I guess it varies from person to person.

If this is a problem then a mod can close it. This is a thread to discuss all things JUSTICE LEAGUE.

There should be an effort to start a general discussion thread again. The rules are the rules. It's for discussion. Discussion includes debate, agreement and yes, disagreement. Like real life. If you don't want to come here this is your choice, but I shouldn't even have to be explaining this. It's why you all came to the Hype in the first place. To discuss.

Now discuss. Like any thread on the Hype. Don't be an a**hole.

Biiiiiiig "plus one" from me to you on this. I find the idea of designated "positivity" safe space threads to be absolutely ludicrous.

Anyway, not a fan of the trailer. Just looks like more of the same from Snyder.

It could be Apokolips, yeah. It would explain all the fire.
I don't think that's fire, that looks more likethe firey projectile shot by the parademon reflected in the water on the bottom.

Would they really go to Apokolips when the forces of Apokolips already came to Earth, though?

I think something like that's probably more for the sequel.

The original story had Superman captured in Apokolips.
I'd wager they would all be going there this time to send all the forces back or demolishing enough of that base of operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"