The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll get something next week after the 4th of July weekend... :dry:

I'm really doubting we're going to get a trailer on the 15th. It's just a feeling I have. A lot of it has to do with not wanting to wait for 15 more days until nothing, but I do get a feeling we won't get footage until August. I know it's logical from a marketing standpoint, and I agree with it, I just have a feeling we're not getting one.

I'm wondering if Batman uses the attack chopper to bring down the C130 Hercules transport aircraft. I could see Nolan turning his hand to a big aerial action sequence.

An aerial action sequence. I never thought of that before.

Holy :awesome:

In all honesty, I did not think about that. Wow :dry:.

I guess my next point would be the logistics of getting a helicopter in and out of the Batcave.

The logistics behind the helicopter is what makes me think it's unlikely. It could be easily tracked back to the batcave or where ever its being stored. Unlike a car that can veer off the road and hide, a copter can't hide in the sky. And, if he is going to be firing missiles/bullets, couldn't that easily kill someone? He'd just be firing at other copters and people. He'd have to be extremely careful. I just don't see how it could work. But if it ends up being the vehicle, I have faith in Nolan. I still think he will have some sort of car to get around in, and maybe just use the helicopter once.

I'm really doubting we're going to get a trailer on the 15th. It's just a feeling I have. A lot of it has to do with not wanting to wait for 15 more days until nothing, but I do get a feeling we won't get footage until August. I know it's logical from a marketing standpoint, and I agree with it, I just have a feeling we're not getting one.

exactly, going by what gil said before, they are behind scheduled for the Dark Knight Rises. I don't expect to see any teaser this month but I do hope we do. If not then I guess they might just show a Catwoman production photo.

I guess my next point would be the logistics of getting a helicopter in and out of the Batcave.

Since it's supposed to look like the Tumbler, could the new Tumbler have helicopter capabilities? Too far-fetched?

Great minds think alike, Kynergy! :woot:

Exactamundo! If Bruce & Lucius could drive/create the Tumbler, it doesn't take much more to ship it on a truck and drive it themselves.

Regarding a chopper though......if it is a Wayne Enterprises creation, I don't see it being at Wayne Tower. How could they test it there? I'm thinking it would be at some off-site storage far away and forgotten.

I just don't understand the reasoning of why, in the film, he would need to have his own helicopter/plane/aerial vehicle. It's not a quick reaction vehicle, it would take time to get to (since it wouldn't work to keep it at the mansion) and would need someone to trick it out/maintain it. Sure, it's believable that Bruce/Lucius could manage that for the Tumbler since plenty of people know the ins and outs of cars, but a helicopter? A plane? I think that's just too much.

The Batcave entrance was huge... i would say it was big enough to fly a small helicopter through...

exactly, going by what gil said before, they are behind scheduled for the Dark Knight Rises. I don't expect to see any teaser this month but I do hope we do. If not then I guess they might just show a Catwoman production photo.

Just out of curiosity, when did gil say this?

The Batcave entrance was huge... i would say it was big enough to fly a small helicopter through...

I get the whole suspension of disbelief thing (it helped me from groaning when Bats and Rachel fell 50 stories and laughed it off) but that would fly out the window if they expect me to believe no radar/person/other aircraft would ever notice a helicopter or plane coming out of Wayne's backyard.

The entrance to the cave didn't look all that big to me. And the cave itself seemed a bit narrow around the entrance.

So he has to get it off the ground, manuever it carefully through the entry-way/waterfall, then get it higher off the ground in order to avoid hitting trees on the cliff opposite the entrance.

Then there's the whole fact that the helicopter would be pretty damn easy to trace.

Realism is like a boil on the ares of life.

I just don't get what he'd even be using if for. He can't go around blowing stuff up. There just doesn't seem like much practical use for it.

Realism is like a boil on the ares of life.

LOL I don't care about realism unless it's a blatantly in your face moment that takes me out of the scene (big robo balls in TF2, Barakapool in Wolverine, Bats/Rachel window tumble in TDK). Seeing a helicopter fly out of the Batcave (with no air flow/lift), not get phased by the waterfall and never be linked to Wayne Manor would definitely disrupt the balance of the film for me.

I just don't get what he'd even be using if for. He can't go around blowing stuff up. There just doesn't seem like much practical use for it.

Exactly. Helicopters serve three distinct purposes: Observation (satellites are better), attack/defense (can't see Bats needing that) and transport (rent/borrow or steal one for one time use, much easier). Also, aerial vehicles are much more vulnerable than vehicles.

In both previous movies Batman seems to abide by the "fire and forget" principal for his tools. Except for the Tumbler, suit and grapple gun I think he only really uses each gadget once.

Exactly

the tumbler can out race another car

even a jet can out run another jet

But a copter? It just seems too loud, too big, too slow to not be noticed going into a cave.

they couldn't use the same cave entrance, it was obscured by water, thet'd crash it no?

And if it shoots then how could be precise enough to no kill anyone

Though in TDK when he crashes the tumbler into that garbage truck, I don't care what anyone says, that guy in the truck was DEAD

LOL I don't care about realism unless it's a blatantly in your face moment that takes me out of the scene (big robo balls in TF2, Barakapool in Wolverine, Bats/Rachel window tumble in TDK). Seeing a helicopter fly out of the Batcave (with no air flow/lift), not get phased by the waterfall and never be linked to Wayne Manor would definitely disrupt the balance of the film for me.

It wouldn't bother me as it wouldn't be anymore unrealistic than several other things in the previous two films, and it would give Nolan a fresh, creative action sequence, rather than another tumbler chase.

Helicopters serve three distinct purposes: [...] attack/defense (can't see Bats needing that)

Buh? Batman is constantly attacking people/things and defending other people/things. "Attack" and "defense" are the two main things Batman does.

It wouldn't bother me as it wouldn't be anymore unrealistic than several other things in the previous two films, and it would give Nolan a fresh, creative action sequence, rather than another tumbler chase.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some sort of mid-air chase or fight sequence. But no Bat-copter. Let him hijack a helo or plane if need be for that specific scene and I'll be happy with it

Buh? Batman is constantly attacking people/things and defending other people/things. "Attack" and "defense" are the two main things Batman does.

Yeah, but with a helo your attack/defense tools are long range missiles, machine guns and flares. It was bad enough Bats blew up all those vehicles in TDK so nonchalantly, the collateral damage from a helo would be 10x that.

Exactly

the tumbler can out race another car

even a jet can out run another jet

But a copter? It just seems too loud, too big, too slow to not be noticed going into a cave.

they couldn't use the same cave entrance, it was obscured by water, thet'd crash it no?

And if it shoots then how could be precise enough to no kill anyone

Though in TDK when he crashes the tumbler into that garbage truck, I don't care what anyone says, that guy in the truck was DEAD

I just went to Youtube and re watched that scene to see, and ya, that guy is definitely dead. But's it better than in Batman Returns. I watched that movie for the first time in a long time the other day and was surprised at how many people Batman killed. He lit one guy on fire and even blew someone up. And he didn't seem to really care either. :funny:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love some sort of mid-air chase or fight sequence. But no Bat-copter. Let him hijack a helo or plane if need be for that specific scene and I'll be happy with it

I don't see Batman stealing one, the other thing to remember is we don't know the plot, there may be a reason within it that Bruce has obtained an attack chopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"