The Haitian

I think the Haitian has innvoluntary blocking ability. But when he does concentrate he can make people forget like that morlock, mailman?
Do you guys think Peter Petrelli will be like Nitro and be able to reassemble or will he just explode and die?

I'm thinking that if Peter is the one that explodes...I think it's a side-effect or weakness to having the power he has. He can keep drawing in other peoples powers...but the more he does, the sicker he gets until he either releases all the power at once or it overwhelms him and is released in a massive "energy" explosion.

I think he needs to master his powers and learn to "release" those excess energies from his body.

Peter can't explode, that would mean peter and half of NYC would be dead, thats kind of a downer, not a great way to end a season. There has to be some kind of twist in there somewhere.

I think the Haitian has a brain-scrambling power. And he can scramble the part of the brain that the power comes from. I think Nathan was too strong in his powers to be scrambled from a distance. I think the Haitians power is based on proximity, Closer=Stronger. Thats why he had to touch Sylar to knock him out and why he had to touch Matt and the jock to wipe their memory.

True, but he didn't need to be near Matt to prevent him from reading Claire's thoughts.

k, nevermind, I misread your post.:meow:

Is it just me or does Bennet seem a little afraid of the Haitian? Maybe not afraid, but very cautious. When Eden suggested having Sylar kill himself...Bennet thought about it until he saw the Haitian and quickly emptied the thought from his mind....

I believe that like Sylar he understands the mapping of the human brain and posesses the ability to manipulate the brain patterns of others. Knowing which portion of the brain controls an individuals power the Haitian can shut off that area when he choose in addition to erasing an unknown amount of stored memory.

Haitian006.jpg

GhostPoet said:
Is it just me or does Bennet seem a little afraid of the Haitian? Maybe not afraid, but very cautious. When Eden suggested having Sylar kill himself...Bennet thought about it until he saw the Haitian and quickly emptied the thought from his mind....
that's because the Haitian can erase Bennet's mind in a flash

25 till 3000

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
that's because the Haitian can erase Bennet's mind in a flash

25 till 3000

:wow: I never thought of that!

What if the Haitian is the one in charge and not Bennet, he makes it look that way?:cwink:

That could somehow explain Bennet's flip-flop in his priorities.:oldrazz:

What if the Haitian is the one in charge and not Bennet, he makes it look that way?:cwink:

Then why did he tell Claire her father made him erase peoples memories? He didn't sound as if it was something he wanted to do.

i think his powers are just mental related

blocks the hearing of thoughts
blocks eden's purple man thingie
erases minds

perhaps the 2 lines on their necks are more of tracking devices and their whole stronger power thingie is just what happens over time

it was no shock that matt would have a hard time controlling his power, most early telepaths do(in fiction)
looks like ironmaidenrules pretty much nailed it.

So... it is clear that Haitian's memory and power blocking abilities are related/the same, and that neither is involuntary or automatic, right?

couldn't the haitian simply pull out sylars memories of how to use the powers he's stolen?

why haven't they tried to duplicate the haitian's power to keep people from using their powers instead of just tracking them or hoarding them in a line to "the chair," so to speak.

peter has the haitian's power, when will he realize what that power is and how to use it. sylar would be a regular human in a fight.

i think the haitian's power is limitless. all he needs is his power and a 9mm and he could be the most dangerous one of them all, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"