The Dark Knight The Heath Ledger Award Nominations/Wins Thread

I teared up when I saw him get the standing ovation. Just seeing all those great actors respect another is what got me.
I got teared up by what he said... congrats to Heath on a desserving win.

The Golden Globe goes to the list too...

I almost cry...

wow i just saw it
TheClockKing.jpg

Last edited:
congrats to Heath. Having Nolan accept I thought was very appropriate and he gave a great speech.

List has been updated.

A well-deserved award, even if it has the posthumous homage element to it, and TDK deserved more nominations. Congratulations wherever you are, Heath, and best wishes for family and friends.

It´s heartbreaking to think that, with all the accolades TDK is getting, one will always wonder what awards Heath could have won WITHOUT the tribute element.

Kudos to Tom Cruise for standing up first!

Now all we need is the Oscar for "Best suporting Actor".

Great win for Heath.

Well deserved. Hopefully he'll get the Oscar.

I loved that little laugh after the scene finished. Was fitting. But you could sense the overall feeling of "Yeah that was awesome".
So glad that was the scene they chose.

It's still very bittersweet. Nolan said it all.

Great win for Ledger, I hope he gets Oscar.

There's this odd thing going on when Ledger wins... it's like some actors (looking at you Cruise) seem to go out of their way to be overly appreciative of the decision. I quite liked the way Downey took it in his stride. The politics of gracefully losing fascinate me, I'll admit.

There's this odd thing going on when Ledger wins... it's like some actors (looking at you Cruise) seem to go out of their way to be overly appreciative of the decision. I quite liked the way Downey took it in his stride. The politics of gracefully losing fascinate me, I'll admit.

Downey didn't look so graceful. He looked pretty bored/pissed off to even be there the entire night. He looked uncomfortable, kinda how Johnny Depp always looks uncomfortable at these kind of things. And for that matter, how Heath looked when he was having to show up for Brokeback nominations. They're quirky guys, not really the typical "leading man" types even though they were blessed with the good looks of a leading man.

Downey didn't look so graceful. He looked pretty bored/pissed off to even be there the entire night. He looked uncomfortable, kinda how Johnny Depp always looks uncomfortable at these kind of things. And for that matter, how Heath looked when he was having to show up for Brokeback nominations. They're quirky guys, not really the typical "leading man" types even though they were blessed with the good looks of a leading man.

Yeah, I'd probably think less of an actor if they actually enjoyed all these awful award ceremonies. Jack Nicholson aside.

Yeah, I'd probably think less of an actor if they actually enjoyed all these awful award ceremonies. Jack Nicholson aside.

That's why it was pretty funny watching Rourke win last night. He got up there and gave a pretty funny off the cuff, politically incorrect speech. And he managed to get Aronofsky to flip him off, which NBC's censors didn't catch quickly enough. :hehe:

Now all we need is the Oscar for "Best suporting Actor".

I have a feeling that Ledger will become only the second actor to win his postmondem Oscar.

Btw, congrats to Ledger, his family, and even Michelle Williams and their young daughter for the win.

Please add these to the list:

Iowa Film Critics Awards 2008

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

North Texas Film Critics Association

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, in The Dark Knight

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member