The "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG Season VII

Josiah catches the side of the adjacent roof and pulls himself up onto it in a quick, if clumsy, motion.

"Hold on a second," Josiah says as he rises to stand. "I can't do acrobatics and have a conversation at the same time."

"I don't know where he's going to go. But I have his number. I could call him, tell him to come over to my place, and talk to him about it. 'Course, he won't make it very easy."

I scratch at my face from underneath my mask and shrug.

"Anything's better than my idea of begging and pleading."

Rogue came running to Gambit and they greeted with a kiss.

"Gambit, what's goin' on?"

"D'e Red Skull took over SHIELD and captured Cap. I had to get him out and so we landed here 'til we can figure out where Skull went to."

"He got away?"

"Uh... yeah. Sort of-"

Presently the former leader of Shield was chewing on a lit cigar and gruffly updated Steve on the situation when Rogue and Gambit approached them flanked by a few agents.

"...An' here are the two wild cards who helped turn the tide in our favor today." Fury said as they approached

"But Rogue just got h-"

"-it was our duty Colonel."

"Good work you two. Help yourselves to old coffee."

"Uh, merci."

"The Skull caught us with our pants down people." he said as he addressed all three heroes "And now he's gotten away with most of his elite forces intact and headed God knows where."

"We've got some MIAs of our own too." he said referring to Sharon Carter as Steve frowned "But we can't worry about that now. Our people are tough and smart and they can take care of themselves."

"Now I've got some leads on the Skull but.."

"Colonel Fury Sir!!!" a young aid interrupted as he ran up to the group "Its the Red Skull sir! He's invaded Washington DC!"

"Washington!? Last Ah checked that place was still weak since the Civil War."

"Which is why he got in so easily."

"He was accompanied by flanks of troups and a hostage."

"I'll call d'e X-Men I can- unless of course you know of another team that could help?" (OOC: The Avengers? ;))

A smirk came onto the face of Captain America.

logovc1.gif
INDEPENDENCE DAY: PART XII

Somewhere else

“That wasn’t part of the deal!” Hammerhead raged as he pointed to a video screen that displayed the interaction between Junta and Spider-Man in the neighbourhood of Little Mogadishu about an hour earlier.
“Ah, cool it, flattop,” Junta replied dismissively. “I work on a cash basis. Just wanted to see if those red and blues held any pockets. Besides, my Ma’s a fan of the webhead.”
The servo-tech that hovered besides the mercenary – and was programmed with his mother’s personality – emitted a few beeps in confirmation. Hammerhead just stared incredulously at the two.
“See? Doesn’t even want to talk to me as long as I have this job.”

But the comment did little to comfort Hammerhead, in fact it only served to infuriate the criminal more.
“What kinda mercenary are youse?” he yelled in frustration.
“The best,” Junta deadpanned as he cockily raised his eyebrow.
“Yeah, well from where I’m looking, youse ain’t done such a hot job yet!”

His professional pride hurt, Junta edged forward, leaning over the desk behind which Hammerhead sat and coming face to face with the criminal. The flatheaded villain, gritting his teeth, was about to come forward when Junta smiled and eased back, looking down at Hammerhead.

“Last I checked, I got you your front page humiliation and your 911 call. You wanted them to paint the arachnid mope as a criminal, even more than jolly Jameson’s already doing in the Bugle, and I delivered on that. Not a newspaper in town who didn’t report the burglary, Bennett’s own little rag in particular. Now you’ve got suspicions being cast on him by the cops. Looks to me like I got him distracted enough for you to do your little heists. What’s that bring in yet? Any closer to becoming the new Kingpin yet?”

Junta grinned and turned away. Hammerhead was seething.

“Don’t you turn your back on me!”
“You wanna know what I think?”

Hammerhead didn’t respond. At least not verbally. Screaming, he let his beastlike hands fall upon the table, nearly crushing it. He stood, smoking nearly coming out of his ears.

“Okay, here’s what I think.”

whatithinkwx0.jpg

“You’re afraid. Afraid ol’ webhead is going to find out and lock you back up. Man, you used to be so tough, you’d rob a bank in clear daylight. Now you got me running around, keeping one guy, one guy, busy while you’re hugging shadows.” Junta looked to Hammerhead, who was starting to resemble a bull. “Am I there yet?”

“Get out!” Hammerhead raged as he picked up the desk and threw it to the side.

“Sure thing, boss,” Junta replied smiling as he left the warehouse.

Just outside, the ex-spy took out his cellphone and dialled a number.

“Yeah, it’s me.”
…
“He’s close to cracking.”
…
“Okay.”

Satisfied, Junta ended the call.

namenn8.gif
/
logoxu1.gif
KASPER MEETS WORLD: PART XXXXVIII / DEADLY HANDS OF: PART XXI

The White Tiger’s senses go wild as the vigilante team affect their break-in. They leave behind them a veritable legion of Hand ninjas in the cell block, where the Tiger’s senses were earlier assaulted by the smell of sweat, blood, urine and faeces. To add to his troubles, Elektra enters the fray, signified by a shuriken to Luke Cage’s unbreakable skin, who stands out amongst the odourless ninjas.

God, she still smells great.

Meanwhile, Shang-Chi’s troubles are more of the mind the physical, as the sight of Elektra quickly sends him into a rage. Bones snap, crackle and pop under his skilful hands, which are now purely operating on the instincts the master martial artist so often seeks to deny himself. The energy has long since left him. His entire body is covered in bruises. Nonetheless, the Master of Kung Fu continues, perseveres.

doubleattackji5.jpg

A sharp laugh breaks his concentration.

Amidst the Hand’s army stands Han. His warriors flow around him, as if he were the centre of a tornado.

Elektra’s lieutenant smiles.

Shang-Chi grits his teeth.

&#8220;<Hai!>&#8221; Han calls out and suddenly, the ninjas under his command swerve away from Shang-Chi.

The Master of Kung Fu readies himself.

stancegd6.jpg

&#8220;<Come on then,>&#8221; Han calls out tauntingly.
&#8220;Rrraaaarrrrggggghhhh!&#8221; Shang-Chi screams as he charges towards Han.

The White Tiger stares wide-eyed as the two warriors go at it.

&#8220;Uh, D?&#8221; he asks, turning to Daredevil, who is still carrying the unconscious Iron Fist and is attempting to keep the ninjas away, all the while struggling to keep homed in on Echo&#8217;s scent.
&#8220;I think we just lost Shang.&#8221;
&#8220;Don&#8217;t worry about him,&#8221; Daredevil replies, pointing to the nearest wall. &#8220;There. She&#8217;s close.&#8221;
&#8220;On it,&#8221; the White Tiger replies as he flings a set of his energy daggers against the wall.

energyknifexp3.jpg

The daggers slice a small hole into the wall.

With Daredevil and Iron Fist in tow, the White Tiger jumps bursts into the wall, jumping into the next wall as the stone crumbles around him.

Dusting himself off, the white clad hero winces.

That hurt.

&#8220;<Stop them!>&#8221;

The White Tiger looks up towards the voice.

A wave of nausea hits him as the smell of magic salves and potions reaches him.

puke1tg5.jpg

&#8220;Blergh!&#8221;

&#8220;<Kill them!>&#8221;

The White Tiger looks up again as he wipes his mouth.

Oh &*^%.

In front of Daredevil, Iron Fist and the White Tiger, the Hand sorcerers are putting the last touch on their spell. The young woman known as Echo lies before them, unconscious on a cold long slab of steel. Her body moves spastically, a sign of the struggle within.

Last edited:
MKCAE4.jpg

I was there as Elektra creeped onto my doorstep, her life fading away. I was there yet again when I had Karen cradled in my arms after the menace Bullseye killed her in a church. A church for goodness sake. When I found Foggy...a part of me almost thanked God I missed some of his suffering when I found him. It may sound strange, but watching someone struggle and suffer as they die, is the worst part.

There is nothing worse than seeing someone you love try to cling on to this cruel world.

Us "superheroes" are known for our "superhuman" abilities and attributes. But for all my being "super" I cannot do everything. I cannot take away pain, no matter how much I want to. I cannot stop Death. There's nothing "super" about me.

Yet I always come out of the toughest of situations alive, when by all right I shouldn't. Why couldn't I be the one who had died, and not the people in my life, that didn't deserve it? I'm the one who put on the costume. I'm the one who puts myself knowingly in danger, mocking Death itself each time I come home alive.

And now, I smell not more than eight feet in Maya in front of me. My Maya, who I once could call my own. Before men like Fisk took advantage of her, turning her into their own weapon. And now that act is starting all over again. As I stand before the scene, and Maya's mind and body suffers as the Hand mystics finish their encantation spell, only one thing comes to mind: pain.

"Wake him up. We're going to need all the help we can get."

Pain. I want to do nothing more than make these monsters feel the pain they have oppressed onto Maya with their dark arts. It's all that resides in my mind as I lay Danny in Kasper's arms. After that, in the flash of an instant, I lash out, tackling one of the robed figures. I pound his face into near mush, before my spine tingles with such pain that it nearly paralyzes me. The next thing I know, I'm pulled by the back of my costume, tugged against the wall.

The first thing I hear when I turn, is blue and green fire; coming straight for me. I dodge in time, but it doesn't stop the fire blasts from destroying a hole behind me, losing my balance. And just outside that hole is the outside. The fall wouldn't kill me, but it would be one nasty fall.

The next thing I hear, is a swarm of Hand ninjas entering from all entrances of the room.

Last edited:
namenn8.gif
KASPER MEETS WORLD: PART XXXXIX

Daredevil throws Iron Fist into the White Tiger&#8217;s arms and the young hero can&#8217;t but help gasp as he sees the red clad hero charge the Hand&#8217;s mystics. The feline hero now cradles the still unconscious Iron Fist.

&#8220;Yo, Danny, time to wake up, man,&#8221; he says, his mask still over his mouth and his by now putrid breath wafting into the martial artist hero&#8217;s nostrils.

Ultimate_susan_head.jpg

"The President will see you now."

How did it come to this? Get a hold of yourself, Susie. He's just the most Anti-Superhero President to ever hold the office.

"Mrs. Richards. A pleasure to meet with one of the Fantastic Four. How may I help you?"

"Well, Mr. President. I've recently begun a charity called Friends of Miss America, and I'd like to discuss some of the details of possibly getting..."

"Yes, yes, yes, I've heard of this and you of course will have the full support of the administration."

"Well... that's... that's very generous of you. I have some details here that..."

"My Chief of Staff will help you in any way possible. Now there is something I'd like to discuss with you."

Here it comes. The other shoe. What does he want?

"Of course, President Hope. How can I help you?"

"As you know, Mrs. Richards, my approval rating as of late has been less than stellar."

"I am aware, Mr. President but I don't see how..."

"So I am putting together a little taskforce to "liberate" some of our brave heroes that went to Latveria in the recent zombie campaign."

"Heroes you've abandoned for the past two months."

"I believe you had a hand in this campaign as well, did you not, Mrs. Richards?"

"My family and I were infected along with several others but I..."

"I believe that this 'infection' came from a universe that your husband helped discover, if I'm correct?"

"Let's dispense with the act shall we? I find it hard to believe that the President who has done everything in his power to stop the metahuman community would want to help them. What do you want?"

"I couldn't agree more. Let's be upfront shall we? Recent events have made me rethink certain aspects of my policies towards the superhero community. Perhaps there is a place for them in this country. Mrs. Richards I'd like for you to work for me on this. I want you to be my eyes and ears in the coming mission and..."

Here it comes.

"And when it's all over...I want you to be my Vice President."

This can't be happening.

"Tell me, Mrs. Richards. Have you ever wanted to be... an Avenger?"

Whatta revoltin' develpment this is.

invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif

Last edited:
big-ironfist.jpg

I wasn't really unconscious.

Technically, I was. I couldn't move my body. Open my eyes. Anything. But I could hear everything. Not such a great thing, hearing your friends being attacked and not being able to do anything to help them.

I don't know what happened, but when I tried to find Echo....when I tried to enter her mind, I saw something. Something horrible.

And now, as I lay in White Tiger's arm, his mind-numbingly bad breath bearing down on me, I can feel her. She's just a few feet from me. I can feel her mind and I can feel....it. Whatever it is inside.

YoU....

"Hnnngh...."

YoOUu WoUlD DARE?!

A bone-chilling voice screams at me, the shriek making me ache to the core. I feel something grab me. Not my body but.....like something just sunk it's claws into my very soul, and is trying to pull it out.

I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.

With a powerful pull, I'm forcefully yanked out of my body. I can actually see White Tiger cradling me, as the others fight for their lives around us. With some invisible force pulling me away, I focus my mind as much as I can. With all the concentration I can muster I try to scream at White Tiger, warn him of the five Hand ninjas coming up behind him.

YoU WoULD DAre tRY tO ToUch ME wiTH YoUR FiLTHy SOUL!?!

I come to a stop, seemingly standing among everyone else. Daredevil, White Tiger, the ninjas...they all fight around me, but nobody sees me.

Why the hell does nobody see me?

i SEE you

330445-9357-echo_super.jpg

"Maya..."

A cold, dead laugh.

nO. NOt maYA.

"Oh, boy.."

MKCAE4.jpg

As more and more enemies swarm in, I use the hole behind me to my advantage. Some come flying at me, and I merely roll with their hits to put them off balance, their landing not so simple. Kind of hard to recover from a landing when you fall that far down. I can hear Ox and Montana just outside the building on the street, picking off some of their own nuisances.

White Tiger tries to wake up Danny and get him out of whatever state or trance he is in, but obviously he can only do so much. From a distance, I can hear his non-lethal bullets whizzing in the air. Good thing he has projectiles.

But that can only help him so much. I reach to my side, pulling out one of my billy clubs, and throw them at one of the few ninjas behind him. My attack makes himself aware and there is not a doubt in the mind that the bones I hear cracking afterwards? Are most definitely not his.

"Tiger, we gotta somehow get around to--OOF!!"

A kick to my left temple catches me off guard. How? At first I do not know. But when I roll backwards, looking at my attacker, it all makes sense. She comes flying at me with something sinister in mind.

"No..."

DDvsEcho1.jpg

Maya...

namenn8.gif
KASPER MEETS WORLD: PART L

closeupbd7.jpg

Okay, recap time: My name is Kevin Cole, but everybody calls me Kasper because I&#8217;m the whitest black man around. I&#8217;m a narcotics officer from New York that&#8217;s a long way from home.

Shielding his companion Iron Fist from the horde of Hand ninjas, the White Tiger is dealt blow after blow by the ruthless warriors. Occasionally, the white clad vigilante manages to kick and punch his adversaries away. In fact, multiple ninjas vanish into thin air with claw marks on their clothes, but even so, the advantage in numbers are just too hard to overcome.

Behind his mask, the White Tiger&#8217;s eyes are rimmed with black by the lack of sleep in days. His arms, legs and torso are bruised by continued assault and the torture he received from the two Enforcers just a few feet away. His senses are overloaded by the smells of the underground lair and his ears ring from the sounds of battle. The nerves in his hands have become numb from exertion.

So about six months ago, I impersonate the Black Panther, king of Wakanda and long-time Avenger, while suspended from the force. I&#8217;d refused to become a patsy for my corrupt superior and was on my way out onto the street. Thanks to the real Black Panther&#8217;s brand of tough love, I keep my job, stay honest without becoming a rat and find a new &#8216;part time job&#8217;.

A ninja kicks the White Tiger savagely in the back. The hero responds with a swift and crushing blow to the man&#8217;s windpipe, but he can barely hear his opponent&#8217;s gurgling above the fray. A new adversary that seeks to harm the White Tiger and the man he attempts to protect, who is now clearly involved in a struggle of his own, throws the ninja to the side.

I become the White Tiger, an acolyte of the Panther. Hell, I even get superpowers thanks to a synthetic version of the herb he got his from. Of course, I get them from Erik Killmonger, temporarily Black Panther and the main man&#8217;s main nemesis.

I still owe him and he&#8217;s not likely to forget.

The White Tiger&#8217;s guns are empty now and where possible, the vigilante latches onto the weapons of his enemies, but their skill in wielding them generally proves superior. A bo staff comes slams into the Tiger&#8217;s abdomen. Fortunately, the Tiger has all but puked out his innards and manages to swipe at the staff as it is pulled back. It is cut cleanly in two.

Of course, none of that matters right now, since I&#8217;m in Japan, holding onto another superhero called Iron Fist, trying to rescue Daredevil&#8217;s broad. In fact, I got roped in seven days ago when the Kingpin of New York, Wilson Fisk, found out I&#8217;d seen the girl just before she got kidnapped. In case, you&#8217;re wondering, when I saw her, she was being attacked by a group of ninjas and actually holding her own.

I got my ass kicked.

One of the ninjas connects with a devastating kick to the White Tiger&#8217;s face.

Now I&#8217;m a thousand miles away from my mom, my girlfriend and my son.

I haven&#8217;t seen them in a week.

I&#8217;m not a happy man.

A furious growl escapes from the White Tiger&#8217;s lips.

Another Hand ninja lungs forward, two sais in his hands. The White Tiger&#8217;s hands shoot out and grab the enemy&#8217;s wrists. They break under his vicelike grip, the two sais falling to the floor. Before they hit the ground, the Harlem vigilante&#8217;s right hand shoots out to catch one, and delivers a quick, if sloppy strike to an opponent behind him.

If I need to take this whole place down brick by brick.

Beat down every last one of them.

The White Tiger delivers a roundhouse kick that sends two ninjas to the ground.

I&#8217;m coming home.

The flying car whipped through the night sky getting closer and closer to its destination. The Skull did not like that he had to push the Washington situation faster than it should be, he was unsure if Zola had perfected it yet. He hovered over a small grassy patch as men in blacked waved him in. He jumped out of the car and begun to shout orders.

"Is your army ready yet, commander?"

"All they are waiting for is your word, Herr Skull."

"Excellent, it is time, commander." The Red Skull and the commander headed inside. The Skull and his commander walked through the halls where he originally planned his attack. Now it was coming to an end. The two walked along a raised platform overlooking a hanger full of armed men. A door opened and out walked his Captain America.

"Boys, we have a tough night ahead of us. We are here to end the threat tyranny once again. I'm not going to lie to you, it's not going to be easy and some of you won't make it home. But that didn't stop us back with Hitler and that sure is hell not stopping us now." The Skull placed a hand on Captain America's shoulder.

"Let's free America."

Outside the once quiet night was cut short as the rumble of engines filled the sky. Tanks drove across the streets of Washington heading for the White House. The sounds of boot marching could be heard everywhere and it filled Red Skull's ears like music. Snipers on the roof of the White House could see a lone figure running across the lawn. Once they saw who it was they were very scare.

"Sir, we have a problem?" One of the snipers said over his communicator."

"You don't think I know that?"

"Sir! It's Captain America! He's attacking the White House!"

I smile as Elektra charges me.

"Damn, girl. You bold, I'll give you that."

I just stand there as she stabs at me with her sai.

lkelektra0kg8.jpg

WHAM!

Elektra flys back as I hit her hard across the jaw.

"Hope that didn't hurt too much, darling. I don't like to beat on girls, but for you I'll make an exception."

Elektra stands up and snaps her fingers.

'bout that time, a dozen or so ninjas jump on my back.

She laughs as they pile on me and I fall to the floor.

"Haha. Strength in numbers, Cage."

"RRRR!!!!" I scream as I throw the ninjas off my back and charge the red clad ninja.

lkelektra2yg5.jpg

She smiles as she dodges my fists.

"You're really letting me down, Cage. I always heard you were a good fighter."

I grunt and charge at her like an NFL linebacker.

"Slow and dumb, huh?"

She side steps me and pokes me hard in the shoulder.

I fall like a ton of bricks to the floor. My whole body feels like it's on fire.

"You may have unbreakable skin, but even you have nerve endings and pressure points."

I wriggle around the floor in pain, she starts to laugh.

c'mon, you dumbass. Fight through the pain.

But it hurts so bad.

Get over it. Now get up and stop talking to yourself.

Okay!

.....you're still talking to yourself. Did you come here to fight or talk?

I reach out and grab Elektra by the ankle, she spins as I catch her by the arm and hold her close to me.

"Let's see you do your kung-fu now, *****."

WHAP!

Our foreheads collide as I headbutt her.

Elektra's eyes roll back in her head as she passes out.

"Damn! I have no idea what Matt saw in you." I say as I let her limp body drop to the floor.

"You are one crazy ass *****!"

Outside the once quiet night was cut short as the rumble of engines filled the sky. Tanks drove across the streets of Washington heading for the White House. The sounds of boot marching could be heard everywhere and it filled Red Skull's ears like music. Snipers on the roof of the White House could see a lone figure running across the lawn. Once they saw who it was they were very scare.

"Sir, we have a problem?" One of the snipers said over his communicator."

"You don't think I know that?"

"Sir! It's Captain America! He's attacking the White House!"

Ultimate_susan_head.jpg

"Don't panic, sir. I'm with you."

My invisibility just turned on without me thinking. Good ol', Ben. Those flying lessons are starting to hone my reflexes.

"No one is getting through my force field, Mr. President, so just stay put. Let's see who makes it this far. And I wouldn't tip your hand if I were you."

"You obviously don't know me at all, Mrs. Richards, but I thank you for the heads up."

This guy is holding on by a thread. What are his real plans? He knows I would never betray the superhero community. But he wants me for VP? No time for this now, Susie. Keep your head in the game.

"Mr. President. Why would Captain America be coming here?"

invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif

SenseiofCheese said:
big-ironfist.jpg

i SEE you

330445-9357-echo_super.jpg

"Maya..."

A cold, dead laugh.

nO. NOt maYA.

"Oh, boy.."

"I don't suppose a civil conversa-" I begin but Maya...or whatever's taken her over, makes a mad dash towards me.

It's fast. Really fast. In less than 2 seconds, it's covered the ground between us. This is the learning part.

Echo raises her clenched fist up in the air, howling madly as she brings it slamming down towards me. I quickly drop to my knees and curl up into a ball, rolling past her. Her strike misses me by far and her whole body crashes into the wall. I should mention that the wall almost completely gives way when her fist connects.

She's a tank. Whatever that thing controlling her is, it's big and strong. Doesn't think. If it did, it could have killed me right then.

"So you know my name, beautiful. What's yours?" I call out of curiosity, as I jump high in the air. Echo's hand is still lodged in the wall, but just as she gets loose, my knee strikes down into her back.

RAaaAArrrgghh!!! all YOu NeED TO kNow, WEAkLIng, IS ThaT i HAvE LIvEd CENTURIES! ANd I Will CRUSh YoU!!

It's voice reverbarates inside my skull, causing a massive headache. I growl in pain and clutch my head in my hands. Stumbling around, I suddenly feel a leg connect with my abdomen, sending me flying away. I come crashing down on the floor, my head connecting with the ground violently.

i HaVE kiLLED THOUsaNDS of MORTALS liKE yOU. SilLY FIGhtING tRicKs WILL noT sAVe yOU.

It growls at me, an unaturally deep voice escaping Maya's lips. She stands over me, her eyes overtaken by hate, as I try to edge away. It simply laughs.

137501-135564-echo_large.jpg

i EAt YoUr MiND, anD YOUr boDY wilL FolLOw.

She moves in, bearing her teeth like an animal. I can't muster up the strength to move...damnit.
To be honest, I prepare for the worst. Dying by way of a thousand year old demon eating your soul isn't such a bad way to go, right?

YAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!
The monster suddenly let's out a horrifying roar of pain. Madly clutching it's back, the beast in Echo's body falls to it's knees. What the..?
Looking over, I see Daredevil deliver a stunning blow to Echo's physical body. I look back to the lying heap before me, and slowly begin to get up.

"So that's your thing, huh?" I ask rhetorically, as Echo gets up again. "You're screwed now."

Last edited:
thorlogosb6.gif

The ground shook with every mighty blow as Thor stood his ground in the middle of the battlefield.

Though he lashed out with all the righteous furty and awesome might that was his to command, still did it seem like the horde was overtaking him.

One moment he was toppling a giant Ultron, the next he was weathering a barrage of super speed punches from Gladiator of the Shiar. Another moment saw the lightning rain death upon his enemies and clear him some breathing room only to have it dissapear in an instant as new waves of opponents, all speaking with Ultron's voice, all calling for him to join them, swarmed towards himand sought to crush him with sheer force of numbers.

Time and again it seemed as though they had him, seemed as it he would be forced to the ground, and time and again he fought them off and rose to the top of the pile yet again with eldritch power flowing outwards from him and mighty mjolnir swining death in all directions.

Meanwhile, in the abandonded city whose entrance Thor now stubbornly protected, the War God Tyr kneeled before the most powerful suit of armor in the universe and readided his mind and spirit for the battle to come. Flanked by Balder the Brave, Tyr let his mind focus on blood and battle, on the sounds of enemies breaking in half and of flames consuming his foes. Latching onto these images and focusing on them, Tyr filled his mind's eye with a single purpose, a blood rage that would be terrifying to behold and impossible to resist.

But as Tyr prepared himself, Thor found himself under attack from increasingly powerful foes as Ultron brought more and more of his elite slaves into the fray. Though many would have sworn that it was impossible, the combined efforts of the swarm, and in particular Gladiator, had pried Mjolnir from Thor's grip and though he still fought ferociously, he was now unarmed and being forced backwards. By now he was feeling every blow as it landed and the horde's victory seemed inevitable.

Suddenly a light, a beam of pure focused energy, washed across the field of battle like some kind of cleansing glow and eradicated any and all in its path.

Thor felt the weight against his chest lighten as his foes were destroyed and he took the moment to push forward and retrieve his hammer.

It was then that he heard the familiar thump of heavy metal feet pounding the ancient dirt beneath him. Unleashing a bolt of anti force at his closest foes, the Thunderer retreated back into the city, the storms keeping his enemies from nipping at his heels as he did so and beams of light from behind him striking down any mighty enough to resist the them.

He heard Balder before he saw him. The Golden one was holding three steeds at the ready and calling to him from the south gate. Two of the steeds were riderless and on the third's back sat the slumped and seemingly lifeless figure of Tyr.

Wasting little time, the Thunderer and Balder leaped onto their horses and all three beasts galloped through the gate and into the wilds beyond.

An instant later the Destroyer stepped up to bar the gate. The Destroyer was indestructible, unstoppable, all powerful. With its power an innocent child could hold off an army forever. With the War God's spirit inhabiting it, it would be mercilless and irrestible. The most perfect killing machine in existence. Built by Odin to battle the Celestials themselves, there would no way for Ultron's forces to best it with Tyr as its master. A fact the first of the unfortunate invaders quickly and grusomly discovered.

The Destroyer blocked the path into the Asgardian Wilds...and none would pass.

86249489ka1.png

But as Thor and Balder grimly rode into the night, they knew full well that Ultron's forces would eventually find an alternate route, a way to circumvent the Destroyer. Tyr was buying them time, and nothing more, but it would be time well spent and Thor swore then that Ultron would live to rgret his actions even as a plan began to take shape in his mind.

"NO!" Ultron watched as the three rode away from the battle. The Destroyer had cut a path through Ultron's forces as he made his way towards Gladiatron. The Destroyer was not a few feet away from him now he stood motionless. "I do not fear you, war god." The Destroyer's visor begun to open, a glow illuminated from it. "Execute action 4532." Three blue light shot out from the sky and into the wilds. Ultron was now trying to close the visor of the Destroyer but it was no use.

A giant flash emitted from it destroying everything in its wake. A thousands screams echoed out and then their was silence. Once the flash had died down there were two left standing. Gladiator hovered over the battlefield.

"Impressive." At incredible speeds Gladiator made contact with the Destroyer knocking it over. The two fought, trading mighty blows, until they spilled out onto the streets of Asgard. The Destroyer was back on its feet as if he was hit by nothing. Gladiator stood before him, eyes glowing with rage.

"I can see you Tyr. I see your lifeless body. Once I get rid of you the Destroyer will be mine."

The three rode on through the Asgardian wilderness. Out from the sky three pods dropped scaring the animals. The pods ripped open with three Ultron drones crawling out. They were smaller and skinner than the others but nonetheless they were still dangerous.

"Ultron speedster Unit 3234, 3235, 3236 activated. Upload target: Tyr. Secondary Targets: Thor, Balder. Action: Engage." The three chased after the gods at wild speeds.

"Unit 3234 CPU override. Upload Lord Ultron. 101010101. You didn't think you could run away from me, Asgardians."

calogo21fz4.png

A modified SHIELD transport shuttle knifes through the clouds high above Washington DC. In its wake come dozens more like it. These battered transports, and the crack troops within their holds, represented the vanguard of what remained of SHIELD.​

The men are grim and sombre. They have been in hiding for months, and even with Nick Fury back from his self imposed exile, these men harbor no illusions about the difficulty of the task before them. For far below them Washington DC was burning and undersiege by the Red Skulls forces. AIM and Hydra mingled freely, bringing death and destruction to policemen, cilvilians, and national guardsmen alike.​

The mood in the lead transport is equally sombre and even more determined to win out, for this transport is piloted by none other than the living legend called Captain America.​

Over his shoulder stands the man called Gambit. A man Steve knows little about but has come to trust.​

"Uhm..Cap, dis prolly not de best time t'ask.." Gambit says as his strange red eyes shift from his companions on the transport, to the burning city below "..but where d'Avengers? Isn't dis deir business too?"

"...Yes it is Gambit." Steve says after a moment of silence "But they haven't been heard from since they went after Doom in the aftermath of the zombie crisis, that tin plated lunatic managed to steal the Infinity Guantlet from within the mansion."

"De infinity...Captain dat's trouble wit a capital T." Gambit said with a low whsitle.​

"Tell me about it." Steve replied "And now they haven't returned, I don't know if they're ok, don't know where Thor is, don't know where Iron Man is, and don't have time to worry about it now. The world needs Avengers today and for better or worse we're the ones who are answering the call."
After that silence returns to the transport.​

The Sentinel of Liberty quietly grips the controls tightly. Behind him his motley collection of heroes hastily assembled to fight the coming battle looks on.​

Gambit, Rogue, The Winter Soldier, and the flash of light that heralds the arrival of the man they call Deadpool as he teleports in.​

"Glad you could make it to the party Wade." Steve calls over his shoulder to the new arrival. "We could sure use your help."

"So this is it then Steve? No Fantastic Four? No big guns available at all? No offence Rogue." The Winter Soldier says sourly before Deadpool can reply​

"It will do Buck." Steve replies "Now strap in all of you, I've got an artillery barrage coming in from below and we're going to have to get low to avoid it."

Without another word the heroes strap themselves in to their chairs and clench their jaws shut as Steve skillfully coaxes the ageing transport into a series of twisting dives and barrel rolls.​

The bombardment quickly intensifies and though it does seem for a moment that they will land safely the hope is quickly shattered along with one of the shuttle's wings.​

"We're hit!" Steve shouts even as his teeth rattle inside his skull while he struggles to maintain control of the burning vessel. All around him dash boards begin to light up and explode while a few quips and barbs are heard from Deadpool's seat in the back.​

Soon the doomed transport is well below the city skyline and being angled towards one of the Skull's hastily erected artillery emplacements.​

"Jump!" Steve orders as the ship begins to disintegrate and a second later five heroes skillfully and gracefully leap from the burning vessel instants before it crashes into the artillery emplacement.​

For his part, Captain America bounces from wall to wall, off a flag pole and into a rolling landing on the top of a bus before leaping off and landing on street level.​

All around him were the sights and sounds of combat and war. Sights and sounds that were sadly familiar to him but that might yet affect his team.​

Wasting little time, Captain America rises to his feet, and standing tall, gives his team a moment to gather around him.​

"Alright Avengers." he shouts over the din of battle, calling them by that most inspiring of names "Stay behind me. Keep an eye out for civillians, help in anyway you can, but stick close, cover each other's backs, and keep a look out for the Red Skull."

"Just say it Steve." The Winter Soldier says dryly as he pulls two side arms from within his uniform.​

In response Captain America nods then lets loose the cry: "Avengers Assemble!!!"

Last edited:
calogo21fz4.png

A modified SHIELD transport shuttle knifes through the clouds high above Washington DC. In its wake come dozens more like it. These battered transports, and the crack troops within their holds, represented the vanguard of what remained of SHIELD.

The men are grim and sombre. They have been in hiding for months, and even with Nick Fury back from his self imposed exile, these men harbor no illusions about the difficulty of the task before them. For far below them Washington DC was burning and undersiege by the Red Skulls forces. AIM and Hydra mingled freely, bringing death and destruction to policemen, cilvilians, and national guardsmen alike.

The mood in the lead transport is equally sombre and even more determined to win out, for this transport is piloted by none other than the living legend called Captain America.

The Sentinel of Liberty is silent as he grips the controls tightly. Behind him is a motley collection of heroes hastily assembled to fight the coming battle.

Gambit, Rogue, The Winter Soldier, and the flash of light that heralds the arrival of the man they call Deadpool as he teleports in.

"Glad you could make it to the party Wade." Steve calls over his shoulder to the new arrival. "We could sure use your help."

"So this is it then Steve? No big guns available? No offence Rogue." The Winter Soldier says sourly before Deadpool can reply

"It will do Buck." Steve replies "Now strap in all of you, I've got an artillery barrage coming in from below and we're going to have to get low to avoid it."

Without another word the heroes strap themselves in to their chairs and clench their jaws shut as Steve skillfully coaxes the ageing transport into a series of twisting dives and barrel rolls.

The bombardment quickly intensifies and though it does seem for a moment that they will land safely the hope is quickly shattered along with one of the shuttle's wings.

"We're hit!" Steve shouts even as his teeth rattle inside his skull while he struggles to maintain control of the burning vessel. All around him dash boards begin to light up and explode while a few quips and barbs are heard from Deadpool's seat in the back.

Soon the doomed transport is well below the city skyline and being angled towards one of the Skull's hastily erected artillery emplacements.

"Jump!" Steve orders as the ship begins to disintegrate and a second later five heroes skillfully and gracefully leap from the burning vessel instants before it crashes into the artillery emplacement.

For his part, Captain America bounces from wall to wall, off a flag pole and into a rolling landing on the top of a bus before leaping off and landing on street level.

All around him were the sights and sounds of combat and war. Sights and sounds that were sadly familiar to him but that might yet affect his team.

Wasting little time, Captain America rises to his feet, and standing tall, gives his team a moment to gather around him.

"Alright Avengers." he shouts over the din of battle, calling them by that most inspiring of names "Stay behind me. Keep an eye out for civillians, help in anyway you can, but stick close, cover each other's backs, and keep a look out for the Red Skull."

"Just say it Steve." The Winter Soldier says dryly as he pulls two side arms from within his uniform.

In response Captain America nods then lets loose the cry: "Avengers Assemble!!!"
Deadpool-1.jpg

spider.jpg

deadpool6.jpg

"Now, Mr. Deadpool, over at Hasbro, we're all working very hard to capture the likeness of the Avengers as a team, and the creative groups from our factories and design centers are just thrilled that you've been willing to sit down with us today."

I ignore the representative from the toy company as I play with the toy they've placed on the table in front of me.

"Yeah."
I mutter, knowing that they're just dying to hear something.

There's really no reason for me to be here. I mean, how hard is it to pick toys? There's simply no hero business anywhere. You'd think that the creative director behind my stories would have the gumption to get an NPC villain active, a real B-Lister, like Spot, but no. He's too lazy to do that and read the game history. So, here I am. Look at tiny pieces of plastic, examining it meticulously, to ensure that the "Avengers Legends" toyline is an accurate representation of my teammates and me.

Thanks a bunch, Mr. Writer.

This little digression into an internal narrative has diverted my attention away from the meeting at hand, and, as I start listening once more, I realize that he's in the middle of a sentence.

"Where are the bad guys?" I ask, interrupting the Hasbro representative's current speech.

He eyes his coworkers seated across from me.

"The uh..." He loosens his tie somewhat. "The what?"

"Bad guys!" I cry, thrusting the action figure in my hand into the air, as if he's attacking some invisible foe. "The scourge of the universe!"

I swoop the toy downward. "The, uh, the villainy and foes of all the heroes the 616 Universe."

Watch it on the Marvel-specific talk, Wade.

"Oh, hush."

The executives across the table from me are wide-eyed and slack-jawed.

"What?!" I spit. "Never heard a guy talkin' to himself before?"

Nobody quite knows what to say.

"Make some scummy characters." I demand. "Then we'll talk."

With haste, I rise quickly to my feet and stop out of the office.

"Forgetting the bad guys!"
I hiss under my breath as I throw the door open.

The secretary sitting outside of the conference room is staring at a computer monitor, watching Hell itself come to bear in Washington D.C. on a video feed.

"Couldn't mention this to me?!" I moan aloud.

Sorry, Wade. My bad. I figured you'd rather find out on your own.

"Thanks. Glad you're putting me first!"

"Sir?" The secretary asks. "Are you talking to me?"

"No."

"You should probably be there, right?" She asks.

2590-deadpool_400.jpg

"Shhh." I say, putting a gloved finger over her lips. "My common sense is tingling."

FMAB!

With a noise similar to Nightcrawler's typical "BAMF!" and a swirling of red and black, I find myself aboard a S.H.I.E.L.D. transport.

"What luck." I mutter to myself.

"Glad you could make it to the party Wade." Captain America calls over his built, rippling shoulders to me. "We could sure use your help."

"I'll do my best not to kill too many bad guys, Captain."
I reply happily.

"So this is it then Steve? No big guns available? No offence Rogue." The Winter Soldier says sourly before Deadpool can reply

Stupid, no-good, lousy sonuva...

The ship lurches forward as a blast slams into it.

"We're hit!" the Herald of America calls.

"Is 'Herald of America' even a vaild nickname for Cap?" I wonder aloud, earning a few glances of annoyance from my teammates.

"What?" I snarl. "It's a valid question."

My story as a whole might be better suited with some internal story-telling. The metal of the ship begins to melt and dissolve around us.

"Jump!" Steve orders.

"You think that'd be a good idea?" The snarl on my lips is virtually audible through the tone of my voice.

FMAB!

I land quietly over a manhole. Flames chewing through buildings are all around the team, as they land rolling around on the concrete.

"Alright Avengers. Stay behind me. Keep an eye out for civillians, help in anyway you can, but stick close, cover each other's backs, and keep a look out for the Red Skull." Captain America roars, as we all gather around him.

"I was hoping I'd be able to just watch this time, Captain."

"Just say it Steve." Barnes adds, drawing his guns.

That's not a bad idea.

In response, Captain America nods then lets loose the cry: "Avengers Assemble!!!"

I spin my swords off of my back, and watch as a group of several AIM soldiers break out of an alleyway.

"I got 'em!"

With a leap, I'm plowing through the group of creeps, slicing and dicing through their various limbs.

Within a few seconds, I'm standing over a pile of bodies, hands on my hips.

120500_deadpool.gif

"Well, Cap." I say, grinning behind my mask. "How was that?"

logoxu1.gif
DEADLY HANDS OF: PART XXIII

“<Show me what you can really do, ‘Master of Kung Fu’,>” Han, second hand to Elektra and one of the Hand’s best fighters, taunted Shang-Chi – who charged towards the man through the crowd of opponents. On Han’s command, they moved away to let the Master of Kung Fu pass.

“<I will,>” the hero responded, seething with an uncontrollable rage.

It had been Han that had recruited the master martial artist for the ninja cult; an elaborate ruse on Shang-Chi’s part in order to rescue a captured MI6 operative. Unfortunately, Han and Elektra had been onto Shang-Chi all along and the warrior hero had come upon Kenzo McConnall’s dead body.

Han’s fist struck forward, but Shang-Chi easily dodged the attack and hit Han’s abdomen with his knee as he came in close. His body was considerably numbed by his recent ordeals, but he nonetheless soldiered on, driven purely by anger and will. Before Han could strike again, Shang-Chi delivered a devastating roundhouse kick to the ninja’s face. The attack was followed up with a lightning fast hit in the throat.

Han coughed and stumbled back.

“<Stop,>” he cowardly exclaimed as Shang-Chi savagely punched his opponent’s chest.
“<You wanted to see what I could do.>”

The Master of Kung Fu did not let up on his attacks, continuing to batter his enemy’s body.

Finally, Han slumped to the ground, bloodied, beaten and broken.

Shang-Chi raised his hand for a final strike.

Han’s eyes locked with his in that moment.

“Rrrraarrrgggh!” Shang-Chi screamed as he brought his hand down.

He stopped just short of his face.

The fear in Han’s eyes had served to temper Shang-Chi’s rage.

Sighing, the martial artist delivered a roundhouse kick that sent Han sprawling over the floor, unconscious.

Shang-Chi turned to the battle between Luke Cage and Elektra.

There was one more person he needed to see defeated in order to avenge Kenzo.

MKCAE4.jpg

I've fought Maya before, when she started to call herself Echo and plegded her revenge for her father's death. Driven by rage from a lie created by Fisk, she viciously attacked me. She was so consumed by that rage and pain, that she wasn't thinking clearly. I was in elementary school when her father was killed, therefore there was no possible way I could've been responsible.

Now I fight her, and she is instead consumed by a different kind of rage: a rage forced upon her. Some demon, as Danny and Shang-Chi has put, is influencing her. Controlling her mind and through that, her body.

In short? I won't be able to talk it out through reason with her this time. This is going to hurt...mainly me though. And it isn't because of the bruises and cuts I already have on my face from her attack. Nor is it because of the fact that I might've already fractured about 2 or 3 ribs. It's plain and simple, really.

ddlosingtoecho3.jpg

Deadpool-1.jpg

spider.jpg

deadpool6.jpg

"Now, Mr. Deadpool, over at Hasbro, we're all working very hard to capture the likeness of the Avengers as a team, and the creative groups from our factories and design centers are just thrilled that you've been willing to sit down with us today."

I ignore the representative from the toy company as I play with the toy they've placed on the table in front of me.​

"Yeah." I mutter, knowing that they're just dying to hear something.

There's really no reason for me to be here. I mean, how hard is it to pick toys? There's simply no hero business anywhere. You'd think that the creative director behind my stories would have the gumption to get an NPC villain active, a real B-Lister, like Spot, but no. He's too lazy to do that and read the game history. So, here I am. Look at tiny pieces of plastic, examining it meticulously, to ensure that the "Avengers Legends" toyline is an accurate representation of my teammates and me.

Thanks a bunch, Mr. Writer.

This little digression into an internal narrative has diverted my attention away from the meeting at hand, and, as I start listening once more, I realize that he's in the middle of a sentence.

"Where are the bad guys?" I ask, interrupting the Hasbro representative's current speech.

He eyes his coworkers seated across from me.

"The uh..." He loosens his tie somewhat. "The what?"

"Bad guys!" I cry, thrusting the action figure in my hand into the air, as if he's attacking some invisible foe. "The scourge of the universe!"

I swoop the toy downward. "The, uh, the villainy and foes of all the heroes the 616 Universe."

Watch it on the Marvel-specific talk, Wade.

"Oh, hush."

The executives across the table from me are wide-eyed and slack-jawed.

"What?!" I spit. "Never heard a guy talkin' to himself before?"

Nobody quite knows what to say.

"Make some scummy characters." I demand. "Then we'll talk."

With haste, I rise quickly to my feet and stop out of the office.

"Forgetting the bad guys!" I hiss under my breath as I throw the door open.

The secretary sitting outside of the conference room is staring at a computer monitor, watching Hell itself come to bear in Washington D.C. on a video feed.

"Couldn't mention this to me?!" I moan aloud.

Sorry, Wade. My bad. I figured you'd rather find out on your own.

"Thanks. Glad you're putting me first!"

"Sir?" The secretary asks. "Are you talking to me?"

"No."

"You should probably be there, right?" She asks.

2590-deadpool_400.jpg

"Shhh." I say, putting a gloved finger over her lips. "My common sense is tingling."

FMAB!

With a noise similar to Nightcrawler's typical "BAMF!" and a swirling of red and black, I find myself aboard a S.H.I.E.L.D. transport.

"What luck." I mutter to myself.

"Glad you could make it to the party Wade." Captain America calls over his built, rippling shoulders to me. "We could sure use your help."

"I'll do my best not to kill too many bad guys, Captain." I reply happily.

Stupid, no-good, lousy sonuva...

The ship lurches forward as a blast slams into it.

"We're hit!" the Herald of America calls.

"Is 'Herald of America' even a vaild nickname for Cap?" I wonder aloud, earning a few glances of annoyance from my teammates.

"What?" I snarl. "It's a valid question."

My story as a whole might be better suited with some internal story-telling. The metal of the ship begins to melt and dissolve around us.

"Jump!" Steve orders.

"You think that'd be a good idea?" The snarl on my lips is virtually audible through the tone of my voice.

FMAB!

I land quietly over a manhole. Flames chewing through buildings are all around the team, as they land rolling around on the concrete.

"Alright Avengers.Stay behind me. Keep an eye out for civillians, help in anyway you can, but stick close, cover each other's backs, and keep a look out for the Red Skull." Captain America roars, as we all gather around him.

"I was hoping I'd be able to just watch this time, Captain."

"Just say it Steve." Barnes adds, drawing his guns.

That's not a bad idea.

In response, Captain America nods then lets loose the cry: "Avengers Assemble!!!"

I spin my swords off of my back, and watch as a group of several AIM soldiers break out of an alleyway.

"I got 'em!"

With a leap, I'm plowing through the group of creeps, slicing and dicing through their various limbs.

Within a few seconds, I'm standing over a pile of bodies, hands on my hips.

120500_deadpool.gif

"Well, Cap." I say, grinning behind my mask. "How was that?"

calogo21fz4.png

"Its a start." Steve replies as he fights through a group of the Skull's shock troopers while not at all pulling his punches. "But we're not here to fight block to block while the Skull accomplishes whatever he has planned."

With a straight kick, Steve dispatches the last of his opponents and quickly took stock of the situation on the ground.​

Deadpool seemed to be quite proud of the bodies lying at his feet and Steve didn't have the time or the desire to tell him to keep the body count down. Today was a day for War and war always brought death.​

This was a concept clearly not lost on the Winter Soldier for he had already emptied his clips into the enemy and reloaded while Gambit hurled explosive projectiles into the advancing ranks of enemy troops and threw them into disarray,sadly, without stopping their advance.​

"Nick, I need a sitrep." Steve said into the communicator built into his mask as the battle around him picked up again​

"We're on the ground Cap and we're in the thick of it and we're bogged down." Nick Fury's gravely voice replied over the sound of intense gunfire on his end.

"Looks like the Skull's plan dug deeper than we thought. He's got National Guard and Army units defected to his cause, not to mention local police, his own private army, and every snot nosed punk who wants to be part of the 'new' America. Having Jack Monroe on his side and all dressed up like you is probably helping the recruiting drive but this is happening all over the country Steve. That bastard got us good."

"He's outdone himself this time Colonel, but it will be the last time I promise you." Steve said, shouting to be heard over the sound of a bus exploding "Just tell me where he is."

"I haven't got the Skull Captain, but I just got word that Jack and the Masterman are attacking the Whitehouse and these bums are dug in pretty good between us and ol' pennsylvania ave. We won't be able to get there in time."

"We will Nick." Steve says as he clicks off the communicator and turns to his teammates​

"We're headed for the White House!" he shouts "Deadpool take point, Gambit you're behind him, Bucky bring up the rear!"

Looking up at the Southern Belle floating above them Steve adds "Don't wait for us Rogue, go on ahead and help in any way you can!"

"You got it Cap." Rogue replies with a nod​

"Just don't keep me waitin for back up too long ya hear?" she adds as she takes off as fast as she can.​

"Let's move!" Steve barks as he, Deadpool, Gambit, and the Winter Soldier tear through the enemy ranks​

Last edited:
SpideyBanner2.gif

"You sure this will work?" I ask Justice as I hang upside down by my own webbing.

He shrugs as he presses the phone to his ear.

"I got his voicemail."

He pauses while the message plays.

"Junta, It's me. How about meeting me on the roof of my place in an hour. Got something that might interest you."

He hangs up and looks at me.

"Now we wait."

"That is so cliche."

SpideyBanner2.gif

"You sure this will work?" I ask Justice as I hang upside down by my own webbing.

He shrugs as he presses the phone to his ear.

"I got his voicemail."

He pauses while the message plays.

"Junta, It's me. How about meeting me on the roof of my place in an hour. Got something that might interest you."

He hangs up and looks at me.

"Now we wait."

"That is so cliche."

sueheader1.jpg

The Oval Office

"Ve've taken out ze perimeter, mein capitan."

"Zere must be personal guards. Proceed vith caution."

Six of the Red Skulls stormtroopers entered the Oval Office cautiously. The captain raised his fist to stop them.

"Vere is he? Leuitnant, check ze... <ack> <ack>"

"Capitan! I cannot see! Vere are you?!"

"Leuitnant! My arm is gone! I've lost my arm!!"

All the stormtroopers collapse to the ground.

"Well done Mrs. Richards. Are they dead?"

"No."

Stopped the oxygen supply to the Captain. Blinded the Lieutenant by making his optic nerves invisible. Made the soldier's arm and gun invisible and then pressed on their brain with a forcefield just enough to knock them all unconscious.

"Well I feel safer knowing you're here."

"Somehow I get the feeling that this isn't over."

sueheader2.jpg

invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif
invisiblewoman.gif

"NO!" Ultron watched as the three rode away from the battle. The Destroyer had cut a path through Ultron's forces as he made his way towards Gladiatron. The Destroyer was not a few feet away from him now he stood motionless. "I do not fear you, war god." The Destroyer's visor begun to open, a glow illuminated from it. "Execute action 4532." Three blue light shot out from the sky and into the wilds. Ultron was now trying to close the visor of the Destroyer but it was no use.

A giant flash emitted from it destroying everything in its wake. A thousands screams echoed out and then their was silence. Once the flash had died down there were two left standing. Gladiator hovered over the battlefield.

"Impressive." At incredible speeds Gladiator made contact with the Destroyer knocking it over. The two fought, trading mighty blows, until they spilled out onto the streets of Asgard. The Destroyer was back on its feet as if he was hit by nothing. Gladiator stood before him, eyes glowing with rage.

"I can see you Tyr. I see your lifeless body. Once I get rid of you the Destroyer will be mine."

The three rode on through the Asgardian wilderness. Out from the sky three pods dropped scaring the animals. The pods ripped open with three Ultron drones crawling out. They were smaller and skinner than the others but nonetheless they were still dangerous.

"Ultron speedster Unit 3234, 3235, 3236 activated. Upload target: Tyr. Secondary Targets: Thor, Balder. Action: Engage." The three chased after the gods at wild speeds.

"Unit 3234 CPU override. Upload Lord Ultron. 101010101. You didn't think you could run away from me, Asgardians."

thorlogosb6.gif

"Run?" Thor whispered, his voice about to break from rage

"RUN??!!" He roared as he turned his steed and hurled Mighty Mjolnir at his foe.

The mytic mallet struck Ultron in the chest plate and caroomed off his adamantium shell but rather than returning to Thor it first veered sharply and destroyed first one, then the other of Ultron's drones.

What remained of the second hunter was only just hitting the ground when Thor leaped from his horse and landed upon Ultron. The Lord of Asgard drove his forearm into Ultron's throat and forced the invader to his knees in the same instant that Mjolnir returned to his free and upturned hand. Not wasting any momentum, Thor brought the hammer crashing down upon Ultron's brow.

"I cannot kill you Ultron, somehow you have evolved beyond physical death." Thor roared as he brought Mjolnir crashing down time and again

"But I can break you! I can show you that the Gods do not fear you!" Thor practically screamed as bits and pieces of Ultron's shell began to break off and his head was pounded into an unrecognizable pulp.

"I can show you WHY the Lord of Asgard need never fear any foe, why those who attack Asgard meet only humiliation and defeat!" Thor continued but by now Ultron, though still struggling, could no longer hear him.

It was now that Thor's eyes lit up with power and took a firm grip on Lord Ultron's battered head between his powerful hands.

"It is called the Odinforce monster! And against such a force, even you....CAN....NOT....STAND!!!!"

As these last words were spoken Ultron began to vibrate violently before seemingly imploding into a wisp of smoke.

"Think on that before you face me again Ultron...think on that." Thor said to the wisp of smoke as it dissipated into nothingness.

For a moment the woods were silent but the booming, echoing thuds of the Destroyer's fists in the distance shattered the moment and it was gone.

Every few moments the fists could be heard again and again, and even from this distance it sounded as if the stars themselves were colliding.

"Thor?" Balder asked as he rode closer to his master with both Thor and Tyr's horses in tow.

"Aye Balder, we cannot tarry here, but only I will ride with Tyr into the old strongholds." Thor said matter of factly, fighting hard to pull his attention away from the distant sounds of battle.

"I would send you on a different mission brother."

"As you wish Thor. I shall not fail you." Balder stiffened and replied instantly.

"Be not in such a hurry my friend for while the task I require of you is vital I fear it will sting your warrior spirit more than any blade can cut your flesh."

"What do you mean?" The Golden One asked

"I would bid you go to Earth loyal Balder and seek out one of my old allies, the mortal known as Henry Pym."

"What?" Balder blurted in shock "But Asgard has been invaded Thor. My place is hear Thor, fighting alongside my fellow gods."

"I know your heart rails against this decision Balder." Thor said sympathetically as he walked over to Balder "But you must go and return with haste. Though I can crush Ultron to dust between my hands still will he rise again and again. Force of arms will not win this day, minds will. I have a plan thhough, soon all the magicks at our disposal will be called forth, assembled to create a spell against which Ultron will have no defence."

"Then why?" Balder interrupted

"Because we know nothing of Ultron's workings and we cannot afford to be taken by surprise again. Look at us Balder, already we have been driven from our homes by this invader. Yes we made him pay dearly for his advances but it is a cost he is willing to pay. I am not so willing. Once I would have thrown myslf into battle and le the fates determine the outcome. But that was when I was a prince. Now I am a king and the weight of that responsibility tempers my charge into battle with patience and strategy. That is why you must find Pym. He created Ultron, with his knowledge we cannot fail."

"I...Very Well Thor. I will go." Balder finally acquiesed after finding that he had no response for Thor's brutal honesty.

"Good." Thor nodded before immediately setting to work on the vortex that would send Balder to the human realm and Henry Pym.

The Golden One dismounted and took one look at the slumped and immobile Tyr

"Would that I could trade places with you Mighty Tyr." he whispered before turning to Thor

"I am ready Lord" he said even as the portal took shape before him.

"Then go old friend, let none stand in your way, and return with all haste." The Thunderer replied.

With a nod Balder strode through the portal and was gone. An instant later it closed behind him and once again all was silent save for the pounding of the Destroyer's fists in the distance.

Turning his attention to the Sky above Thor identified the specks that would soon breach the magical atmosphere and hit the ground as more of Ultron's drones.

Lifting his hammer upwards, the Thunderer whispered an incantation and bolts of lighting seared the sky, incenerating the pods like so many candles being snuffed out.

"This is my realm Ultron and I am the master here." Thor whispered to his unseen foe "These skies are mine and naught that comes from them will harm my people."

Vaulting onto his horse he added "You will have to find some other way passed the Destroyer."

With that he rode on to the old Strongholds with Tyr's horsed body in tow while in the distance, beyond the sounds of the Detroyer's fists, a robotic scream of frustration could be heard echoing on the winds.

Last edited:
calogo21fz4.png

"Its a start." Steve replies as he fights through a group of the Skull's shock troopers while not at all pulling his punches. "But we're not here to fight block to block while the Skull accomplishes whatever he has planned."

With a straight kick, Steve dispatches the last of his opponents and quickly took stock of the situation on the ground.​

Deadpool seemed to be quite proud of the bodies lying at his feet and Steve didn't have the time or the desire to tell him to keep the body count down. Today was a day for War and war always brought death.​

This was a concept clearly not lost on the Winter Soldier for he had already emptied his clips into the enemy and reloaded while Gambit hurled explosive projectiles into the advancing ranks of enemy troops and threw them into disarray,sadly, without stopping their advance.​

"Nick, I need a sitrep." Steve said into the communicator built into his mask as the battle around him picked up again​

"We're on the ground Cap and we're in the thick of it and we're bogged down." Nick Fury's gravely voice replied over the sound of intense gunfire on his end.

"Looks like the Skull's plan dug deeper than we thought. He's got National Guard and Army units defected to his cause, not to mention local police, his own private army, and every snot nosed punk who wants to be part of the 'new' America. Having Jack Monroe on his side and all dressed up like you is probably helping the recruiting drive but this is happening all over the country Steve. That bastard got us good."

"He's outdone himself this time Colonel, but it will be the last time I promise you." Steve said, shouting to be heard over the sound of a bus exploding "Just tell me where he is."

"I haven't got the Skull Captain, but I just got word that Jack and the Masterman are attacking the Whitehouse and these bums are dug in pretty good between us and ol' pennsylvania ave. We won't be able to get there in time."

"We will Nick." Steve says as he clicks off the communicator and turns to his teammates​

"We're headed for the White House!" he shouts "Deadpool take point, Gambit you're behind him, Bucky bring up the rear!"

Looking up at the Southern Belle floating above them Steve adds "Don't wait for us Rogue, go on ahead and help in any way you can!"

"You got it Cap." Rogue replies with a nod​

"Just don't keep me waitin for back up too long ya hear?" she adds as she takes off as fast as she can.​

"Let's move!" Steve barks as he, Deadpool, Gambit, and the Winter Soldier tear through the enemy ranks​
Gambit goes to run out and is caught at the arm by Rogue, who kisses him before letting him go again.

Deadpool takes out a few guys and a flaming card flies by his head to take out a sneaking adversary.

"Hey y-"

Gambit pulls down Deadpools by the collar and punches out another enemy behind him.

"Why do-"

Gambit spins Deadpool out of the way and launches four more cards straight ahead in the direction of the White House taking out multiple foes.

"Gambit won' always be 'round to save you, mon ami."

As Deadpool tried to say another witty comment to the Ragin Cajun, Bucky takes out another foe coming for them as does Gambit.

"C'mmon Deadpool, try to keep up, heh?"

Deadpool finally faces the White House as they charge at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"