The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a huge Aaliyah fan back in the day,I remember that day vividly.I listened to all 3 of her albums in a row today.

not sure how i feel about them releasing an album of her unreleased stuff later this year

I don't mind it. If the fans want it, let 'em have it. The only thing that kind of bugs me about post-humous records, or whatever their called, is that they put people of today on tracks, like Drake.

Hey guys tell me what you think of my beat. (Make sure you watch in HD for better quality)

[YT]3chCu_wILzY[/YT]

not sure how i feel about them releasing an album of her unreleased stuff later this year
I'm iffy about it,but I really would love to hear some more of the unreleased stuff,I really wish they would just put out the songs unaltered though or at least have some people she actually worked with putting it together(They're could be ,but we just don't know it yet).It's kinda messed up that her and Static are both gone.He could have done wonders on something like this.

With all that said I enjoy her new song.

I don't mind it. If the fans want it, let 'em have it. The only thing that kind of bugs me about post-humous records, or whatever their called, is that they put people of today on tracks, like Drake.

that's what i'm worried about. if they're gonna release them, don't change em. drake's got an odd obsession with her anyways, he has 2 aaliyah tattoos as it it

I'm iffy about it,but I really would love to hear some more of the unreleased stuff,I really wish they would just put out the songs unaltered though or at least have some people she actually worked with putting it together(They're could be ,but we just don't know it yet).It's kinda messed up that her and Static are both gone.He could have done wonders on something like this.

With all that said I enjoy her new song.

i need to check it out i havent heard it yet

Sorry dude,Pretty cool beat,It's sound very dubstep inspired.I'm getting a SpaceGhostPurrp vibe from it.Subscribed.

Thanks appreciate it, yeah actually some of the sounds came from a Deadmau5 soundpack I bought.

I've been listening to Crooked I's Psalm 82:6 almost constantly while at work the last few days. It's nothing fantastic but there is some catchy **** in there.

I also just bought the Slaughterhouse album, will give it a listen tomorrow. I'm going in with level headed expectations. I feel like Royce has lost a lot of his skill the last few years. Every so often he f'n kills it still, but for the most part he's coasting. Unfortunate, because when Royce was on he was amazing.

I watched the tribe called quest documentary recentley which was pretty good.

That Tribe documentary was great,I never knew Phife and Q-Tip had issues like that.

That Tribe documentary was great,I never knew Phife and Q-Tip had issues like that.
Neither did I.

It was great too see they all cared about each other regardless of the beefs they had.

I think Phife was in the wrong though. Q-Tip seemed on the level. They are life long friends but they don't communicate well.

They have very different personalities and intrests besides Hip Hop. Despite them growing up together Phife doesn't really get Q-Tip.

I thought they both had moments when they needed to settle down,but Phife was a little too off the wall.Q-Tip seems like a control freak,but he's doing what he thinks is right for the group.It just seems like to me that there 2 different people who really are almost total opposites,and that leads to them clashing big time.

Anyone seen this vid of Lupe Fiasco in his old neighbourhood talking about growing up where he cries.

If you don't know what his about or where his coming from you will after seeing this

Kanye West took to his twitter questioning if using b**** is acceptable as well now.

Kanye West has questioned the prevalence of the word 'b****' in hip hop lyrics.

The rapper took to Twitter to explain his 'struggle' with the use of the word, asking fans: "I usually never tweet questions but I struggle with this so here goes... Is the word B**** acceptable?"

He went on to say that he was recently asked about the use of the word in his music and "initially was offended by anyone questioning anything in my music". However, he added that he will "sometimes go back an omit cursing from my records. I like to use profanity as a tool and not a crutch."

West also asked fans: "Here's the age old question, would we refer to our mothers as b*****? Would we call our fathers ******s or better yet N****?" adding "Perhaps the words B**** and N**** are now neither positive or negative. They are just potent and it depends on how the[y] are used and by whom?"

At the start of the year, West's The Throne partner Jay-Z vowed to stop using the word 'B****' in his lyrics, after his wife Beyonce gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter named Blue Ivy Carter.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked out Nitty Scott MCs: The Boombox Diaries EP yet?

I thought it was a pretty solid listen. If only the songs were on youtube, I'd have a point of reference.

Yeah because Respecting women is such a cowardly thing to do,God forbid someone say something positive.

Or he could have made the artistic choice not to use the word *****,and I really don't think Kanye said it because he was afraid of white America's opinion.I mean he's the one who brought it up due to him being inspired by Lupe Fiasco's new song"***** Bad".Which seriously questions the use of the word ***** in Hip Hop.I don't really see how being more positive is a negative thing,but to each his own.

Your dodging everything now.If he made an artistic choice he would not need to go on twitter to test the waters to see if it was ok.Twitter should not define you as an artist.That should be a personal descision.Whatever you say the rappers in hip hop today are cowardly.NWA 2pac KRS1 Chuck d challenged everything.All these rappers care about now is a paycheck.They don't speak on sh#$t even though there are serious subjects that need to be tackled.How bout instead of worrying about the B word they talk about how many black men in america are out of work have lost their homes are disanfranchised.No don't rap about anything having to do with actual real life.You might lose some of your white fan base.Killa Mike and Saigon the only rappers who aint scared.And by the way its wrong to say the b word for you but cool to reinforce stereotypes of black men in your avatar?Go and get your watermelon negro.

Kanye questioned his use of a derogatory term to women opened up a conversation,and that's a problem?That's a step in the right direction in my opinion and it's a sign of maturity.I agree with most of the stuff you said in your post about rappers talking about more serious issues,but it's also a good thing when someone shows a sense of responsibility,and I don't understand why you're catching feelings,because at the end of the day we have no control over what these people and others do.We shouldn't be looking for Rappers to do what we should be doing ourselves,and If you want more Rappers like Saigon or Killer Mike then support them,and don't worry about my Avatar.The Eric Andre Show is a Clever show(That Killer Mike actually appeared on),and if you watched any of it you would know that.

P.S. You can respond if you want,but I'm done.Since we can't have a civil debate without insults.peace out.

tumblr_m9yqb7MoYm1rs6ij8.gif

Last edited:
very powerful song produced by me

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my threadly reminder:

do not post videos with profanity on the hype. i'm supposed to infract, but i prefer to warn. so here's the warning

well delete the post then, sorry I didn't know considering this is a Hip Hop/Rap thread.

Last edited:
i wasn't gonna name any names but since you brought it up

profanity isn't allowed in any videos posted anywhere on the hype

Roger that :)

my apologies for being naive to the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"