The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to it yet. When you say Em ruined it, what do you mean? His verses? Or the beats he produced

The beats. The production. His lousy hooks. Seriously, I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of crybabies on the mic. They have Skylar Grey on here, twice. Slaughterhouse just doesn't fit this type of poppy production. The production really over-shines them and its bad because the production sucks. Em should have let these guys do what they do. Sounds like he totally took over the project. I need to listen to it a couple more times, but man, it's a letdown. I was waiting for this, and its just....disappointing.

The beats. The production. His lousy hooks. Seriously, I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of crybabies on the mic. They have Skylar Grey on here, twice. Slaughterhouse just doesn't fit this type of poppy production. The production really over-shines them and its bad because the production sucks. Em should have let these guys do what they do. Sounds like he totally took over the project. I need to listen to it a couple more times, but man, it's a letdown. I was waiting for this, and its just....disappointing.

Damn :csad: That really sucks. This was my most anticipated album of the year. I will give it a listen a little later, but it sounds kinda like Yelawolfs Radioactive cd. Poppy hooks killed that album

I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be, but the album is certainly a mixed bag.

The mix-tape sounded like Slaughterhouse, the album sounds like Marshall Mather's awful interpretation of mainstream music presents: Slaughterhouse.

There's a few good tracks on there though, maybe enough to make a leaner, better album on your ipod.

Throw That needs to be burnt with fire *shudders*

Did the full album leak already? Hard to believe Eminem 'ruining' anything.

HAHA! Wait until you hear it. And he mixed the whole album. He should have left it to a professional. This album is not bad, but it isn't good either. Maybe it will grow on me. I swear, I've heard some of these beats before, and I'm not talking sampling either, I'm talking like some of these producers, just added a few more instruments and just gave it to Slaughterhouse. The mixtape is pure Slaughterhouse, and I think it will show when reviews come in from both mixtape and album.

Compare this album to Royce's Death Is Certain, and it ain't touching it. But I feel like Royce has kinda fell off with this album.

Has anyone seen Lupe Fiasco's album cover for his next album? All black. Nothing else. HAHA!

I don't usually agree with Lupe's politics but his one hundred percent on the money on Bad B****
Has anyone seen Lupe Fiasco's album cover for his next album? All black. Nothing else. HAHA!
I guess he took the All Black Everything song literally :rimshot:

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't really mind it though. Just an album cover, but it makes me question what will Pt. 2's look like? All white? I've seen a lot of people angry over this album cover. HAHA! Makes me laugh.

HAHA! Wait until you hear it. And he mixed the whole album. He should have left it to a professional. This album is not bad, but it isn't good either. Maybe it will grow on me. I swear, I've heard some of these beats before, and I'm not talking sampling either, I'm talking like some of these producers, just added a few more instruments and just gave it to Slaughterhouse. The mixtape is pure Slaughterhouse, and I think it will show when reviews come in from both mixtape and album.

Compare this album to Royce's Death Is Certain, and it ain't touching it. But I feel like Royce has kinda fell off with this album.

Gave it a good listen and don't think it's half as disappointing as you make it out to be. In fact, it's eons better than most mainstream rap/hip hop that's out there today. IMO, if Slaughterhouse garners more exposure from this, it's well-deserved.

Lyrically, they're all on point. Awesome word play and rhyming schemes going on here. Not to mention they often talk about real ****. Most of the beats are hot. When you mentioned there were two Skylar Grey tracks, I was worried but both tracks were pretty good, IMO. I love Frat House. Asylum is pretty awesome, and Eminem's hook is cool. I don't know why you're blaming most of the album's issues on Em. It seems like for the most part, he stepped back and let them do their thing. He has one verse on the album and 2 hooks for them, and only produced 3 tracks out of 20. The worst track is their lame-ass single, My Life.

Compared to the mixtape, it's more polished and has a few more tracks that could be considered "mainstream", but I'd still recommend this to any fan of Slaughterhouse. If you know Slaughterhouse, you know what to expect with this.

Just gave the cd a listen. Its not bad. There are a few tracks i dont care for. But i think the good outweighs the bad. I am a little disappointed by it, but i did have my expectations pretty high. Some of the songs i didnt like might grow on me though, so i'll see how that goes.

NSFW but man this is hilarious :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupe Fiasco's ***** Bad video is sure to push a few buttons.

Good, its should, It's probably the realest song and video of the year. He's one of the realest rappers out there. And he gives me the motivation to produce my music. I hope one days he may get a listen to one of my beats and rap his tongue out on it. That would be a dream come true.

Sad thing is, the radios definitely won't play, MTV, BET, nada. But despite all, Lupe still holds a growing fan base. But sadly nothing will ever change, Rap is already dead, it's on the verge of becoming extinct

Does anyone else think that Lupe has kinda become a whiny little b****
Say what? I wouldn't call what Lupe does "whining", What because he spits real ****, that you don't want to hear. Lupe did Lasers because he was forced to do so under contract, it's the Studio's project. Even through that he still put up decent inspirational songs. Don't agree with politics, fine, but no rapper out there is touching his imagination and lyrics as well as his intelligence.

***** Bad is the realest song of the year, I don't care what anyone has to song, I dare you to challenge me with a song that's more powerful.
After Lasers, Lupe is no longer under contract. SOoooooo that means he can go back to his original creative roots. Food & Liquor pt II is gonna be his best album ever, I can feel it. Whiny little *****? **** outta here. So what he speaks out against mainstream rap, it's garbage, flat out. Rappers singing with auto tune, simplistic lyrics that contribute to nothing. And Radios playing the same garbage every day, and over again, and over again, and over again. I listen to real Hip Hop, hell music that makes you sit down think is my kind of music. Calling Lupe a whiny ***** is like calling Tupac a ***** for speaking out against Illuminati.

Last edited:
Sad thing is, the radios definitely won't play, MTV, BET, nada. But despite all, Lupe still holds a growing fan base. But sadly nothing will ever change, Rap is already dead, it's on the verge of becoming extinct

MTV debuted the video.

Good, its should, It's probably the realest song and video of the year. He's one of the realest rappers out there. And he gives me the motivation to produce my music. I hope one days he may get a listen to one of my beats and rap his tongue out on it. That would be a dream come true.

Say what? I wouldn't call what Lupe does "whining", What because he spits real ****, that you don't want to hear. Lupe did Lasers because he was forced to do so under contract, it's the Studio's project. Even through that he still put up decent inspirational songs. Don't agree with politics, fine, but no rapper out there is touching his imagination and lyrics as well as his intelligence.

***** Bad is the realest song of the year, I don't care what anyone has to song, I dare you to challenge me with a song that's more powerful.
After Lasers, Lupe is no longer under contract. SOoooooo that means he can go back to his original creative roots. Food & Liquor pt II is gonna be his best album ever, I can feel it. Whiny little *****? **** outta here. So what he speaks out against mainstream rap, it's garbage, flat out. Rappers singing with auto tune, simplistic lyrics that contribute to nothing. And Radios playing the same garbage every day, and over again, and over again, and over again. I listen to real Hip Hop, hell music that makes you sit down think is my kind of music. Calling Lupe a whiny ***** is like calling Tupac a ***** for speaking out against Illuminati.

100% agree with ya.

I really don't Hip Hop is dead at all.I think it's in an okay place right now.There's alot of good music out there along with alot of bad music(like it has always been).I think the mainstream has improved since 2006-07.

and,Illuminati doesn't exist.

I really don't Hip Hop is dead at all.I think it's in an okay place right now.There's alot of good music out there along with alot of bad music(like it has always been).I think the mainstream has improved since 2006-07.

and,Illuminati doesn't exist.

Some aspects of it I believe are exaggerated, but I do this it exists

Some aspects of it I believe are exaggerated, but I do this it exists
I think it's just overblown nonsense because people love propaganda and conspiracy theories,but to each his own.Agree to disagree.

rap music has gotten better in recent years and there are some decent mainstream rappers but they are still sadly lone voices in a sea of generic s***.

Lupe's political stuff doesn't get much daytime radio in the UK but those tracks get decent airplay with guys like Semtex at BBC radio 1xtra.

rap music has gotten better in recent years and there are some decent mainstream rappers but they are still sadly lone voices in a sea of generic s***.

Lupe's political stuff doesn't get much daytime radio in the UK but those tracks get decent airplay with guys like Semtex at BBC radio 1xtra.

True. My current favorite artists are J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Slaughterhouse (Mostly Budden) , Nas, and Yelawolf.

Been listening to Action Bronson for a couple of days. Dude is ill.

8/25 marked the 11th anniversary of Aaliyah's death. just wanted to send a shout out and rest in peace her way. i still remember where i was when i found out she died.

i wonder how different the r&b game would be today if she hadn't passed. pretty much every r&b singer out right now owes a nod to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"