The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Parts 1 & 2

BenA0D5CcAAag1z.jpg:large

I don't think I'm emotionally ready for this film....

it's the second one i'm not ready for

Gross Part 1. There should only be one part

Regarding the split, I feel
Peeta's eventual return could work, it might seem too anti-climatic but as the split gives an opportunity to add more story (as evident by Knepper's casting and delving into other perspectives since the movies doesn't only limited to Katniss' perspective (like I wouldn't mind beefing up more content to Finnick and Johanna's backstory) so at the point if it does end there, we might have enough to feel content but the best I feel would be The Nut in District 2, now that's a real OMG cliffhanger.

So how are they going to handle Phillip Seymour Hoffman passing away? They weren't done filming so I'm very curious as to what they do next.

So how are they going to handle Phillip Seymour Hoffman passing away? They weren't done filming so I'm very curious as to what they do next.
It is a real question, especially considering his role. It seems harsh, but this was the second thing on my mind after I read the news.

He was ****ing great in the role too. This whole thing is really saddening and frustrating.

He was ****ing great in the role too. This whole thing is really saddening and frustrating.
He really, really was. So much gravitas, so much intensity, so much underlying danger. In such a terrific film, he still managed to stand out.

Kind shocked by this news.

I wonder how they're going to solve his character's role in the next two films, considering he had an expanded role and some scenes with the other characters in the book. They can't just replace him with another actor. That would be way too jarring seeing another person playing the same character. A character, I might add, that had only just been established in a few scenes in the last film.

This sucks.

He really, really was. So much gravitas, so much intensity, so much underlying danger. In such a terrific film, he still managed to stand out.

I completely agree. Also I think he was vastly underrated as a villain in MI3. Anyways, have they started filming this one yet?

I completely agree. Also I think he was vastly underrated as a villain in MI3. Anyways, have they started filming this one yet?
Agree on MI3. The character was a little underwritten, but he brought it to such a degree that he made him a real menace. God this sucks.

And yeah, they started filming a while ago.

They never shoot movies in order. They almost always shoot them in the order of certain actors' availability, and it's entirely possible Hoffman shot most, if not all of his scenes already.

Wasn't he supposed to start working on his first directorial film soon?

They never shoot movies in order. They almost always shoot them in the order of certain actors' availability, and it's entirely possible Hoffman shot most, if not all of his scenes already.

Wasn't he supposed to start working on his first directorial film soon?
But I doubt he shot anything for the final film.

Yikes so he may have some scenes filmed. Ugh this is a shame. They'll have to recast, the best way to do it is how Harry Potter did it. Choose a good actor and don't refer to the difference in any way. We the audience understand the recasting

would be funny if some are against a new actor being in the movie and finishing the series.

i have enough of people acting like actors are owning every rights from the movie and the whole production should be stopped for one man.

lets throw all the footage from Fast 7 and Hunger games 3/4 out of the window.

lets throw all the footage from Fast 7 and Hunger games 3/4 out of the window.

Comparing Fast 7 to Mockingjay 1 & 2 is apples and oranges. For the former, they had to stop production, look at the footage, and find a way to rework the film to. Paul Walker was one of the leads.

PSH isn't. I don't know how big of a role he features in Mockingjay, but he's a supporting role (comparison is valid if, say, Liam Hemsworth or Josh Hutcherson died). That's allows more flexibility, depending on how many of his scenes he had finished. If he completed key scenes already, they could probably work around it. If it's not, they'll have to recast.

go in the fast 7 thread. some were saying that maybe maybe they should never realese fast 7 and end the FF franchise with fast 6.

Tragic coincidence that both actors who played games makers in these films had heroin issues in their private lives.

Agree on MI3. The character was a little underwritten, but he brought it to such a degree that he made him a real menace. God this sucks.

And yeah, they started filming a while ago.

I think he's probably the BEST villain in the franchise. The other villains are way more underwritten, especially the dude from the fourth one.

I think he's probably the BEST villain in the franchise. The other villains are way more underwritten, especially the dude from the fourth one.

Definitely, in fairness though the bad guy in the fourh one was suppose to be this complete unknown. While in the third one, it was all about the bad guy and Hoffman delivered. He was spine chilling scary

better than the 'Could've Been Wolverine' Man in Part 2.

Either way, this is tragic. My mind's not calculating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"