The Hunt - Universal/Blumhouse/Lindelof Team-Up For Political Thriller

That's a pretty bad comparison. Is that how she always is? I hear people bring up Grace Randolph all the time, but I've never followed her.

nIGjt1X.jpg

TLSZjtS.gif

The only response Grace Randolph ever warrants.

That's a pretty bad comparison. Is that how she always is? I hear people bring up Grace Randolph all the time, but I've never followed her.

She spends a lot of of her time bashing Jessica Chastain whom she's inexplicably obsessed with hating on, so this is her branching out a little.

People like that are frauds. They don't give a **** about the issues or people. It's about sounding moral out of fear of not being or appearing moral and/or virtuous. It's total egocentrism. There is no principal to it whatsoever.

When watching or talking about movies, there is nothing worse than judging movies based on morality.

Last edited:
She spends a lot of of her time bashing Jessica Chastain whom she's inexplicably obsessed with hating on, so this is her branching out a little.

Grace has indisputable proof that Jessica Chastain killed Seth Rich and Jeffrey Epstein.

#ChastainBodyCount

Grace knows her audience.

Trump will absolutely have a hissy fit about the next Purge movie. As I strongly suspect it is going to go hard attacking the 2nd Amendment fantasy of resisting the government.

We Americans get a lot of hate for being in our own damn bubble, but goddamn if this ain't true compared to the rest of the world. We gone back to blaming video games, movies, next move is music and certain books, instead of better strict gun laws. Someone hold my shirt.

giphy.gif

This is borderline coherent by her usual standards.

Grace knows her audience.

Trump will absolutely have a hissy fit about the next Purge movie. As I strongly suspect it is going to go hard attacking the 2nd Amendment fantasy of resisting the government.

That would be rich since he actually stole his reelection campaign slogan from them (Keep America Great).

Still more details are emerging about the drama surrounding the now aborted release of Universal and Blumhouse’s $18 million-budgeted dark satire thriller “The Hunt” which was pulled from the schedule a few days ago.

As reported earlier today, Universal was reportedly planning to pull the release anyway even before numerous think pieces and campaigns against the movie emerged last week in conservative media outlets, along with comments about it on U.S. President Donald Trump’s twitter feed.

Now, THR (via The Playlist) has more details about how they came to that decision and it turns out there was a lot more behind-the-scenes drama going on before last week’s ruckus began.

Universal bought Nick Cuse and Damon Lindelof’s script, then titled “Red State vs. Blue State,” in May 2018 and sources tell the outlet multiple Universal executives had reservations about the project. Even so, the film was made but the studio kept details of the script secret and the marketing materials were all deliberately designed not to feature any overt political themes – even as it was advertised during Democratic debates and on Tucker Carlson’s Fox show.

Reportedly the film conducted two test screenings, the second in the San Fernando Valley on August 6th, just days after a trio of mass shootings in the U.S. that previous weekend. Both the first and this second screening reportedly had audience members expressing discomfort with the political messaging in the film which was hammered onto the otherwise familiar “The Most Dangerous Game” premise.

On that same day, the news broke that Universal had hit pause on the film’s marketing plan and details of the political spin of the premise, that it followed a “dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals” were published.

Universal executives and the filmmakers began receiving death threats via email and on social media. The studio’s internal security force became involved but outside law enforcement was not alerted. Then came the Fox News coverage and the Trump tweets and by August 10th the film’s release was scrapped.

Sources tell the outlet the studio leadership was reluctant to cave to outrage from people who hadn’t seen the finished film, but the mass shootings changed the game – turning an already inflammatory satire into something toxic enough to not be worth the headache. Certainly not for a studio which dealt with a comparatively minor backlash last year over “First Man” and its inclusion of the American flag in one scene.

Producer Jason Blum is said to have been on board with the decision to scrap the film for now. However there is also said to be international distributors who are interested and might be willing to take the film off Universal’s hands.
Dark Horizons

I didn't really have any interest in seeing this, so I'm not too invested in this whole fiasco. Universal probably made the right call scrapping it for now. But I'm sure I'll check it out whenever it hits Netflix or something.

I didn't really have any interest in seeing this, so I'm not too invested in this whole fiasco. Universal probably made the right call scrapping it for now. But I'm sure I'll check it out whenever it hits Netflix or something.
So The Interview situation is happening here... minus the spicy emails that exposed how out of touch Sony was and how much a *****ebag David O. Russell is.

‘The Hunt’ Director Breaks Silence on Film’s Cancellation (EXCLUSIVE)

In response to a series of emailed questions, Zobel said he had no intention to inflame political conflict, which has led to a series of murderous incidents in recent years.

“If I believed this film could incite violence, I wouldn’t have made it,” he wrote.

He said that the film does not take sides politically, and that his goal was instead to satirize “both sides” of the partisan divide.

“Our ambition was to poke at both sides of the aisle equally,” he wrote. “We seek to entertain and unify, not enrage and divide. It is up to the viewers to decide what their takeaway will be.”

Zobel said the film has been misunderstood. He said it was actually about partisanship, and how both sides fail to fully hear their opponents’ views.

“I wanted to make a fun, action thriller that satirized this moment in our culture — where we jump to assume we know someone’s beliefs because of which ‘team’ we think they’re on… and then start shouting at them,” he wrote. “This rush to judgment is one of the most relevant problems of our time.”

Universal has not screened the film for critics, so the political content of the final cut is still largely a matter of conjecture. An early draft of the script obtained by Variety makes clear that the original intention was to depict working-class conservatives as the heroes. They are kidnapped and hunted by “liberal elites,” one of whom says “Climate change is real” before blowing his victim away. One of the good guys talks about the “Deep State,” and another fantasizes about going on “Hannity” to expose the conspiracy.

Don’t forget The Last Jedi, she’s incredibly toxic on that topic too.

They better hope nothing else happens between now and then.

Absolutely loved Lindelof's last two projects and the guy who directed this did my favorite episode of TV ever (International Assassin). Can't ****ing wait

This is going to make a ton of money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"