• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Huntsman: Winter's War

What's with the Chastain will sign on for anything talk? She's in a lot of stuff, but they're all quality projects.

I started and its' true but that doesn't mean I'm no fan of hers. You won't get me hatin' on her, no sirre.

I started and its' true but that doesn't mean I'm no fan of hers. You won't get me hatin' on her, no sirre.

Gonna need some examples there. When you think of actors who don't turn down projects, you think of people like Robert De Niro, Samuel L. Jackson or Ben Kingsley, but Chastain?

Gonna need some examples there. When you think of actors who don't turn down projects, you think of people like Robert De Niro, Samuel L. Jackson or Ben Kingsley, but Chastain?

Chastain for the new generation and a female equivalent.

People really took a notice of her in 'Zero Dark Thirty' which was a 2012 release. Since then she has had 10 released movies with a further 2 in Post Production and 2 more in Pre Production and a new movie which got announced a couple of weeks back.

But it's not like they're crap films. They've all been quality stuff (Huntsman withstanding).

Chastain for the new generation and a female equivalent.

People really took a notice of her in 'Zero Dark Thirty' which was a 2012 release. Since then she has had 10 released movies with a further 2 in Post Production and 2 more in Pre Production and a new movie which got announced a couple of weeks back.

Ten movies between 2012 and 2015? Is that supposed to be a lot? Her Lawless co star Tom Hardy did 4 movies in 2012 and 5 in 2015, so he has her beat easily, and Hardy's hardly someone who takes anything thats offered to him.

Alicia Vikander did 7 movies lat year alone.

But it's not like they're crap films. They've all been quality stuff (Huntsman withstanding).

I didn't bring up the crappynes or lack there of just the volume.

Ten movies between 2012 and 2015? Is that supposed to be a lot? Her Lawless co star Tom Hardy did 4 movies in 2012 and 5 in 2015, so he has her beat easily, and Hardy's hardly someone who takes anything thats offered to him.

Alicia Vikander did 7 movies lat year alone.

Not paid attention to Hardy but Vikander is the new girl on the block so I'm giving her a pass at the moment but 7 movies is excessive. Let's see if her output remains at it's current trajectory. If it does I'll say the same thing about her. :funny:

Thanks for the fix.

They should have never had that guy's voiceover say it's a prequel. There are so many people confused about the plot that now say there is no purpose in watching the movie because they already know the outcome.

I think the sisters will briefly team up. Seems like Freya doesn't know it was her sister who killed her baby but it seems to come out after Freya resurrects Ravenna (as seen in the TV Spot). Once that happens Freya will turn against her sister and team up with Team!Huntsman.
I could be wrong, but Freya does seem to know that Ravenna killed her baby hence why she raises the Huntsmen army to oppose Ravenna.

I could be wrong, but Freya does seem to know that Ravenna killed her baby hence why she raises the Huntsmen army to oppose Ravenna.
I looked at the different synopsis' and all 2 trailers plus the tv spot and that's what I got from it. If Freya knew that Ravenna killed her baby why on earth would she resurrect her? Also in the TV spot there is a scene where Freya basically asks 'what did you do?' which is after the resurrection. So it looks to me that secret comes then for the first time.

I'm pretty sure it's explained that Freya fled the kingdom, went to a remote place, build her castle and basically raised an army (Huntsmen) to protect herself and maybe conquer the land. Then she banishes Sara and Eric for breaking her cardinal rule and is probably looking to kill them. Meanwhile those two team up with dwarfes and fight back. At which point Freya is trying to bring the mirror to her castle to resurrect her sister in order to double team Eric, Sara and so forth.

Once Ravenna is resurrected it isn't looking so rosy between the sisters (Ravenna basically says she will rule, her sister is weak etc. and Freya comes back with 'this is my kingdom.'). Once it comes out Ravenna killed her baby Freya will team up with Team!Huntsmen for both revenge and to not lose her kingdom.

I looked at the different synopsis' and all 2 trailers plus the tv spot and that's what I got from it. If Freya knew that Ravenna killed her baby why on earth would she resurrect her? Also in the TV spot there is a scene where Freya basically asks 'what did you do?' which is after the resurrection. So it looks to me that secret comes then for the first time.

I'm pretty sure it's explained that Freya fled the kingdom, went to a remote place, build her castle and basically raised an army (Huntsmen) to protect herself and maybe conquer the land. Then she banishes Sara and Eric for breaking her cardinal rule and is probably looking to kill them. Meanwhile those two team up with dwarfes and fight back. At which point Freya is trying to bring the mirror to her castle to resurrect her sister in order to double team Eric, Sara and so forth.

Once Ravenna is resurrected it isn't looking so rosy between the sisters (Ravenna basically says she will rule, her sister is weak etc. and Freya comes back with 'this is my kingdom.'). Once it comes out Ravenna killed her baby Freya will team up with Team!Huntsmen for both revenge and to not lose her kingdom.
jr24tw, well maybe they are ditching the resurrection for the final cut?

But if Ravenna is getting resurrected, does that mean the final act jumps to AFTER the events of Snow White and the Huntsman?

I mean look you could be right. But couldn't you argue that this confusion is a big problem for the film?

jr24tw, well maybe they are ditching the resurrection for the final cut?

But if Ravenna is getting resurrected, does that mean the final act jumps to AFTER the events of Snow White and the Huntsman?

I mean look you could be right. But couldn't you argue that this confusion is a big problem for the film?
That is the whole damn problem. No one has any idea what the damn story is at this point. Because the two trailers tell a completely different story and the newer synopsis doesn't mesh with the old one. The first trailer was clearly prequel/sequel (since we see the huntsmen as children and then Ravenna resurrected). The second trailer makes it sound like it's a prequel only, hell the narrator says as much right at the beginning.

My theory on how the story goes is based on the prequel/sequel version of the story. If they however ended up scrapping the sequel part then I have no idea what the hell is going on in the movie. And quite frankly so have a lot of people from what I read in comments to the new trailer. People are either even more confused than before, others have said that since they clearly say prequel in this new trailer there is no need to actually watch the movie at all because everyone already knows the outcome so why bother.

I just have no idea what the people at Universal are smoking. Maybe they just really want no one to show up for this. Their marketing and promotion makes no sense whatsoever.

Pretty bang on there jr24tw.

And look, I know people like to call me a troll and negative that hates everything here, even though that's not true. I'm trying to stay positive here because I did enjoy the first movie and I would like the sequel to do well.

Just saying, there are a lot of red flags here and Universal is sending us mixed messages with the story.

People, people just look at the great women on show. Forget plot, forget Thor. Focus on a Badass Theron, Polar bear riding into battle Blunt and Warrior Chastain.

People, people just look at the great women on show. Forget plot, forget Thor. Focus on a Badass Theron, Polar bear riding into battle Blunt and Warrior Chastain.
That is pretty much the reason I'm going to watch it, to support those women. I've never seen the first one (had too much to do that year and after all the crap reviews I never bothered later on to check it out) so the story and possible continuity errors won't bother me.

Here is the thing though. After that first synopsis I was expecting a certain kind of story. I wanted an evil queen face-off. I know I'm still kind of getting it but sadly for completely different reasons. I was so pumped for 2 evil queens wreaking havoc together and eventually on each other. I wanted both to be evil, just in different ways and for different reasons. Then the first trailer came out and Theron's total crazy campy evil completely overshadowed Blunt's seemingly conflicted evil. So i was kind of disappointed a bit already. And now I'm just confused as to what is the what with this movie.

Oh well guess all I have to look forward to is all the pretty gowns etc. and Theron's and Blunt's queens. Chastain seems barely present in any of these trailers and Hemsworth's huntsman just seems to be boring.

53f32bd0909bcc1b6ee487e8877e74d45a676df1.jpg__620x797_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

52a2f0fce5f3ee4498cf03af4d2a53b323c2e8bf.jpg__620x795_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Seeing Blunt and Theron side by side like that reminds me yet again of how sad it is that when Hollywood finally has the sense to put those two in a movie together it wasn't for Fury Road: All You Need Is Kill.

I'm still so bummed about that.

Btw the whole Total Film article can be seen at emily-blunt.org. Since the interviews and set visit were done last year it's interesting that back then it was still called prequel/sequel even by the actors. The article is worth a read just for the hilarious comments of the actors, especially Theron.

Last edited:
Pretty bang on there jr24tw.

And look, I know people like to call me a troll and negative that hates everything here, even though that's not true. I'm trying to stay positive here because I did enjoy the first movie and I would like the sequel to do well.

Just saying, there are a lot of red flags here and Universal is sending us mixed messages with the story.
LOL, you're too used to being antagonized Vile. No one's complaining about your negativity on this one. Most think it looks like ****. :oldrazz:

I just loathed how the first one completely rips off Princess Mononoke, with the Deer God. I guess if you're to steal, steal from the best but it was all done without any elegance.

Who is the fairest of them all? Chris Hemsworth.

[YT]1-_Won4V4ps[/YT]

Stuff like this makes me hope they will do some promotional interviews together when the movie comes out. Hopefully Emily won't be too pregnant and the others can't get away from shooting other movies. The interviews could potentially be the best part of the movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"