The Hype's Texas Hold Em' Thread

I used to like Q 10 until last night. Q 4 10 came on the flop, 6 8 on turn and river. The guy had a straight flush!

I have flopped Queens over 10s 10s over Queens and Brodway several times w/Q/10.

Theres no better feeling than hitting the nuts on the flop

No lie. The best I have done at ,the same table mind you, I held Pocket 9 and hit quad 9s on the flop, Then Pocket Aces, and hit quad Aces. Someone at the same table said she hated pocked pairs, and I burned her twice with quads.

I used to like Q 10 until last night. Q 4 10 came on the flop, 6 8 on turn and river. The guy had a straight flush!

It takes guts to play 5/7 suited. I did that one time in a tournament and flopped 7s over 5s.

If I remember correctly they were big blind and I felt like seeing the flop before making the raise

No lie. The best I have done at ,the same table mind you, I held Pocket 9 and hit quad 9s on the flop, Then Pocket Aces, and hit quad Aces. Someone at the same table said she hated pocked pairs, and I burned her twice with quads.

She must of been pissed. I would of been.

I have had a royal flush, once and once only.

If I remember correctly they were big blind and I felt like seeing the flop before making the raise

You can play any two cards if you can see a free flop. That is what happened as well with me. I have seen 7/2 off suit crack pocket Aces when that person slow played their pocker rockets, and 7/2 offsuit couls see a free flop.

Thats what I was mentioning earlier, if someone doesn't have the ability yet to slow play a good hand, the best option would be to raise it up straight away. You can get in so much trouble down the line, especially with the bullets, peope think they're invincible.

She must of been pissed. I would of been.

I have had a royal flush, once and once only.

I have never had a srtaight flush much less a royal flush. Quad Aces is the best hand I have ever had. As far as the girl, she said it was pure luck. I agreed to a point to be flopped quads 2 is luck I have had quads 4 times winning 3 times.

Thats what I was mentioning earlier, if someone doesn't have the ability yet to slow play a good hand, the best option would be to raise it up straight away. You can get in so much trouble down the line, especially with the bullets, peope think they're invincible.

You don't slow play bullets or boyz. You can't get away from those hands.

Anyone who claims poker is luck is mostly bitter for not being very good. Sure the cards are unpredictable, but it's how you play it that's important. So skill equates to about 85%

You don't slow play bullets or boyz. You can't get away from those hands.

Whenever I have bullets, I try to raise up a 1/3 of the pot, pre flop. Cowboys are usually different, I tend to raise most my chips with K's. It's also very much dependant on your position.

Anyone who claims poker is luck is mostly bitter for not being very good. Sure the cards are unpredictable, but it's how you play it that's important. So skill equates to about 85%

I would say poker is no more than 25% luck, but I agree with you it may be closer to 15% luck. I held 4/5 suited and got someone to lay down a higher flush. Remember don't play the cards, play the player.

Whenever I have bullets, I try to raise up a 1/3 of the pot, pre flop. Cowboys are usually different, I tend to raise most my chips with K's. It's also very much dependant on your position.

If I am 1st to act I bet the pot. I might bet 1/2 the pot if I am in a later position. Have you ever played pot limit?

Gotta love 'The Mouth', can't say much for his skills but he's entertaining to say the least. Personally I'm a big Negryanu supporter, I like his modern approach. Also got alot of respect for Laak, he's a major statistics player.

I've played PL, but dislike it severely, I feel restrained and not able to play my best game.

Gotta love 'The Mouth', can't say much for his skills but he's entertaining to say the least. Personally I'm a big Negryanu supporter, I like his modern approach. Also got alot of respect for Laak, he's a major statistics player.

I like "The Unibomber". "The Mouth" is quite entertaining, but his skills are just slightly above an online amature. I still think Jamie Gold is the luckiest WSOP Main event champ.

No doubt, Jamie Gold is a horrible player. He's aggressive when he shouldn't be, he's not able to achieve a good bluff

So I got my first ever live Royal Flush today. Turned that Q diamonds and it looked oh so pretty. Of course, like most ridiculously good hands like that, I couldn't get **** in the pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"