World of Legends: The New DC RPG -- Sign Up/OOC Thread

Oh what the hell...I'm in. Going to ponder a few characters.

So as long as this is kosher with MB, here's my app:

Nightwing-is-the-new-Batman-robin-dick-grayson-nightwing-9734316-600-849_zps29da9b3b.jpg

Character Name: Dick Grayson/Batman

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Dark Blue Times New Roman for Dick/Bold for Batman

Powers and Abilities: Dick has no superpowers, but through years of training as an acrobat and under Bruce Wayne, the first Batman, he is a master hand-to-hand combatant, strategist, detective, and acrobat. Dick does not have the scientific mind Bruce does, but his creativity in combat and upbeat attitude brings something different to the table. He generally struggles with the intimidation part of the Batman job, much to the chagrin of his Robin, Damian Wayne.

Character Origin/Backstory:

Richard “Dick” Grayson was born to a family of circus performers known as “The Flying Graysons” until they were killed during a performance in Gotham City. Following that, he was taken in by Bruce Wayne who knew the pain of losing his parents. What Grayson didn’t know was that Bruce was secretly the vigilante known as Batman. Dick agreed to join Batman’s crusade as his sidekick Robin.

Through the years Robin became a capable hero on his own. He forged relationships and friendships with other young heroes such as Batgirl, Superboy, Wonder Girl, and others. Eventually he struck out on his own as a hero and became Nightwing, the protector of Bludhaven and Gotham. During this time, he also founded the Teen Titans, becoming its leader for a time.

Dick’s greatest challenge began recently after the disappearance of Bruce Wayne. Dick took up his adoptive father’s cowl to become the main protector of the city of Gotham. On top of that, Dick also became the defacto guardian of Wayne’s son Damian along with Alfred. The two became the new Batman and Robin team. There were growing pains, and Dick never felt completely comfortable as Batman, but they did become a successful team.

With the return of Bruce Wayne, Dick and Damian continued their crusade as the original Batman returned. But that situation did not last. After a clash with The Joker, Bruce returned home to find his surrogate father Alfred Pennyworth dead on the floor, a victim of a massive aneurysm. The shock threw Bruce for a loop. He alienated Dick and the rest of the Bat Family. In turn, Dick and Damian redoubled their efforts, while the rest of Batman Incorporated tried to pick up the pieces of losing their true leader in the field.

Dick now struggles to bring Bruce out of his funk while also struggling under the weight of the Batman mantle.

Why this character? Honestly, I’ve always been interested in playing Grayson in his later years post-Robin. Never really had the chance to do that, so I figure I might as well give it a shot. I really want to explore Dick’s psyche as he tries to be Batman while Bruce has locked himself away, not to mention the toll that the cowl has on the normally free-spirited Grayson.

What can you bring to the RPG? A fun character that can hopefully play into the larger Bat story unfolding in the game.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

The Narrows
11:43 PM

*TT*

The sound makes me wince. It’s a tick of Damian’s. Well, not really a tick so much as a show of his disapproval. I find it useful when he uses it against enemies. It’d be a move of overconfidence from anyone else, but the boy was skilled. That’s how enemies view it, which often lead them into making a mistake. Damian punished them harshly for underestimating him. Sometimes too harshly, though he and I are working on that. He’s a good kid when he wants to be. But using that sound on me isn’t my favorite.

“Problem, Robin?” I ask him as I continue my surveillance on the warehouse across the way from us. I believe the Penguin has been running weapons out of the location for weeks. Tonight is the night we’ll finally find out.

“I don’t see why we have to wait around,” Robin protests. “We know that’s the location. We should hit it hard and end this now.”

“We think it’s the location,” I correct him. “Plus, we don’t have enough intell. We need to find out how many there are in there. I saw three go in. I want to know how many were in there before.”

Damian’s skills are his gift and his curse. While it means he’s survive nearly every conflict he comes across, it also makes him sloppy and headstrong. Going into a warehouse full of assault rifles and armor piercing rounds without proper intel could kill Bruce, let alone the two of them.

“We could call the Oracle.”

“No,” I respond sharply, probably too sharply. Babs is probably doing something for Bruce tonight. I’d rather not bother her. Not to mention keying Bruce into what they were doing. Dick was wary of the new path his mentor and adoptive father on. The Bat Sentries are not something I like. I remember Brother Eye. I know what happens when Bruce starts to lose his way.

But he won’t listen to me. He’s made that perfectly clear.

“Sorry,” I shake my head. “But Oracle is busy. Let’s get a closer look. Get ready, we’ll breach after that.”

Sorry I've been bad at posting this weekend. I flew home for my sister's wedding, so time has been scarce. Levels shall resume tomorrow!

UGH! I want to play so bad, but my phone shattered, which I've always used for RP. I will be back

Last edited:
So as long as this is kosher with MB, here's my app:

Nightwing-is-the-new-Batman-robin-dick-grayson-nightwing-9734316-600-849_zps29da9b3b.jpg

Character Name: Dick Grayson/Batman

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Dark Blue Times New Roman for Dick/Bold for Batman

Powers and Abilities: Dick has no superpowers, but through years of training as an acrobat and under Bruce Wayne, the first Batman, he is a master hand-to-hand combatant, strategist, detective, and acrobat. Dick does not have the scientific mind Bruce does, but his creativity in combat and upbeat attitude brings something different to the table. He generally struggles with the intimidation part of the Batman job, much to the chagrin of his Robin, Damian Wayne.

Character Origin/Backstory:

Richard “Dick” Grayson was born to a family of circus performers known as “The Flying Graysons” until they were killed during a performance in Gotham City. Following that, he was taken in by Bruce Wayne who knew the pain of losing his parents. What Grayson didn’t know was that Bruce was secretly the vigilante known as Batman. Dick agreed to join Batman’s crusade as his sidekick Robin.

Through the years Robin became a capable hero on his own. He forged relationships and friendships with other young heroes such as Batgirl, Superboy, Wonder Girl, and others. Eventually he struck out on his own as a hero and became Nightwing, the protector of Bludhaven and Gotham. During this time, he also founded the Teen Titans, becoming its leader for a time.

Dick’s greatest challenge began recently after the disappearance of Bruce Wayne. Dick took up his adoptive father’s cowl to become the main protector of the city of Gotham. On top of that, Dick also became the defacto guardian of Wayne’s son Damian along with Alfred. The two became the new Batman and Robin team. There were growing pains, and Dick never felt completely comfortable as Batman, but they did become a successful team.

With the return of Bruce Wayne, Dick and Damian continued their crusade as the original Batman returned. But that situation did not last. After a clash with The Joker, Bruce returned home to find his surrogate father Alfred Pennyworth dead on the floor, a victim of a massive aneurysm. The shock threw Bruce for a loop. He alienated Dick and the rest of the Bat Family. In turn, Dick and Damian redoubled their efforts, while the rest of Batman Incorporated tried to pick up the pieces of losing their true leader in the field.

Dick now struggles to bring Bruce out of his funk while also struggling under the weight of the Batman mantle.

Why this character? Honestly, I’ve always been interested in playing Grayson in his later years post-Robin. Never really had the chance to do that, so I figure I might as well give it a shot. I really want to explore Dick’s psyche as he tries to be Batman while Bruce has locked himself away, not to mention the toll that the cowl has on the normally free-spirited Grayson.

What can you bring to the RPG? A fun character that can hopefully play into the larger Bat story unfolding in the game.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

The Narrows
11:43 PM

*TT*

The sound makes me wince. It’s a tick of Damian’s. Well, not really a tick so much as a show of his disapproval. I find it useful when he uses it against enemies. It’d be a move of overconfidence from anyone else, but the boy was skilled. That’s how enemies view it, which often lead them into making a mistake. Damian punished them harshly for underestimating him. Sometimes too harshly, though he and I are working on that. He’s a good kid when he wants to be. But using that sound on me isn’t my favorite.

“Problem, Robin?” I ask him as I continue my surveillance on the warehouse across the way from us. I believe the Penguin has been running weapons out of the location for weeks. Tonight is the night we’ll finally find out.

“I don’t see why we have to wait around,” Robin protests. “We know that’s the location. We should hit it hard and end this now.”

“We think it’s the location,” I correct him. “Plus, we don’t have enough intell. We need to find out how many there are in there. I saw three go in. I want to know how many were in there before.”

Damian’s skills are his gift and his curse. While it means he’s survive nearly every conflict he comes across, it also makes him sloppy and headstrong. Going into a warehouse full of assault rifles and armor piercing rounds without proper intel could kill Bruce, let alone the two of them.

“We could call the Oracle.”

“No,” I respond sharply, probably too sharply. Babs is probably doing something for Bruce tonight. I’d rather not bother her. Not to mention keying Bruce into what they were doing. Dick was wary of the new path his mentor and adoptive father on. The Bat Sentries are not something I like. I remember Brother Eye. I know what happens when Bruce starts to lose his way.

But he won’t listen to me. He’s made that perfectly clear.

“Sorry,” I shake my head. “But Oracle is busy. Let’s get a closer look. Get ready, we’ll breach after that.”

With 24 hours and no competing applications, Bat-Grayson is...

Valpproved.gif

World of Legends The New DC RPG: Character Application:

Character Name: Hunter Zolomon

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): [BLACKOUT]Bold yellow in blackout[/BLACKOUT]

Powers and Abilities: Hunter Zolomon is a skilled former profiler for the FBI, specializing in costumed criminals and well read on analyses of many personalities within the superhero and supervillain communities. At present time Hunter is a regular human male with above average fitness and law enforcement training, but wheelchair bound in Iron Heights Penitentiary. He previously possessed what was effectively superspeed--although technically different--at a level greatly surpassing even that of Wally West. Hunter Zolomon had been dislodged from linear time and its fixed rate of progression, allowing him to control how fast linear time moved relative to himself. In other words, he could slow the world down to an infinitesimal crawl from his point of view and move freely in a world of statues, practically. From an outsider's point of view, this manifests effectively as a form of superspeed.

Character Origin/Backstory: Cosmic treadmill blew up in homeboy's face and popped him outta time.

Why this character? I want to try a new character I've never played before, but one whom I've always been a huge fan of.

What can you bring to the RPG? Turds.

My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite popular belief, I was once the fastest man alive. With a snap of my fingers I could make lives better through tragedy and I pushed the Flash to outrace time itself and become a better hero.

Or at least, that was the goal. Once upon a time.

1142001-zoom_2.jpg

I now spend my endless days surrounded by the scum of humanity that I spent my life trying to understand and protect the world against. These are the dregs that stole everything from me, and I can hear them mocking me. I helped put a number of them in here after all. Iron Heights. Second only to Strykers Island in Metropolis as far as the threat level of metahuman supercriminals being contained therein. Strykers Island is for perps with world breaking power to rival the hero figures in that area; thugs capable of wiping buildings off the map, alien conquerors looking to claim Earth, mutant freaks on a rampage, or your ordinary supervillain looking to make a name for himself by playing king of the mountain in Superman's turf.

No, Iron Heights is different. True, there are monsters surrounding me in here, and they may have powers and colorful gimmicks, but they're human. They have buttons to push. Captain Cold has a soft spot for working girls and beer, but knows how to maintain professionalism on the job. It's why he's a good leader. But bring up his dead sister and watch him lose his cool. No pun intended.

The Mirror Master is a professional killer but has an unprofessional bloodlust. He's always been good at killing, but never good at the job, if you see the difference. Absolutely lousy to work with, according to known associates prior to his assuming the Mirror Master mantle. Evan McCulloch has power but will never be capable of reaching the reputable status of some other hired guns I know of, like Slade Wilson or Floyd Lawton. It's just not in him. So he instead settled into a routine of robbing banks along with the rest of the Rogues. I've also heard rumors that McCulloch has fallen back into the cocaine habit lately, too. My heart breaks.

The list goes on. Weather Wizard, Magenta, Heat Wave, Trickster, Boomerang. Well, okay, maybe not Captain Boomerang. So much potential to change the world, but they're all held back by just how mundanely they choose to live their lives. With the exception of the occasional outlier like the Top or Grodd, they don't push themselves to reach just a little bit further and find their true potential.

They don't rise to truly challenge the Flash.

None of them can find the will to really push my friend to his limits, beyond ideals of naïve morality; to run with him down that hellish road, side by side every step of the way, spurring him onward through tragedy to help him reach new heights.

You're insane, Hunter. The voice in my head... the voice of my former father in-law... the voice of my ex wife...

They try to bring me back down to the level of the sheep. No. That weakness; that helplessness is not something I will let myself succumb to ever again. [BLACKOUT]I am not insane.[/BLACKOUT] I may be crippled and alone once again, but as long as I don't lose sight of my goal to help the Flash and help the world find true heroism... I'll always have a reason to push forward.

[BLACKOUT]It's hard to be terribly effective from the inside of a prison cell, though.[/BLACKOUT]

No sooner has that thought crossed my mind, when a wave of pain washes over my... legs? It's just for a moment, and I'm too stunned to even react. Trying to wiggle my toes after the initial surprise fades elicits nothing. And then... perhaps I imagined it, but I could almost swear a single droplet falling from the leaking tap in my sink froze in midair for the briefest of moments.

My name is Hunter Zolomon. And for the first time in what seems like forever, a small smile creeps across my face.

Last edited:
Azrael_Michael_Lane_0013.jpg

Character Name: Michael Lane; Azrael

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Walking the Line

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Bold Scarlet Book Antiqua

Powers and Abilities: Michael Lane is a former GCPD officer and marine corpsman with experience in close combat and expert marksmanship. The Suit of Sorrows endows him with the skills of all who wore it before himself. He wields the Sword of Sin, which reveals all misdeeds of whoever its directed to, and the Sword of Salvation, which reveals all motivations and intentions.

Character Origin/Backstory: Before the Knights Templar were rejected, St. Dumas formed his own sect called the Order of St. Dumas, which employed warrior knights called Azrael. The Order splintered several sects of its own, such as the Order of Purity, which created its own Azraels.

Jean Paul Valley had been a close ally of the Batfamily before being shot and falling to death in a river. His corpse was recovered by The League of Assassins, a group rivaling The Order of St Dumas who held onto it as an eventual asset. During the Blackest Night event Azrael returned and realized how unappreciated he was. Within the last year, Ra's fully resurrected him via a Lazarus Pit before he convinced the Azrael personality to join to join the League of Assassins.

Elsewhere, Michael Lane had been a GCPD officer and Marine Corpsman before he ended up selected by The Order of Purity to become their Azrael. Among numerous other adventures, he came to Gotham City to judge it before he realized he wasn't representing god well at all, he was being manipulated. So he left to atone for his sins. In the last year he has performed a deep study of his soul before returning to Gotham, this time to be a savior in cooperation with Batman, Inc. He has interceded and forgiven the original Batman's sins, appraising him as a good man with troublesome circumstances, even aiming to be more like him.

Why this character? I have a neat plot to bring Valley back, develop Lane and fight for truth and justice. Plus, I really like the Azraels and feel they've been replaced in The New 52 with The Court of Owls and Talons.

What can you bring to the RPG? A few puns and a couple posts. I wanna really play with others, which is something I haven't ever done much of.

"...for I have sinned."

That's it. I'm a sinner.

Hard to swallow for anyone, but I'm not just anyone. I'm Azrael, a knight, supposedly a savior. This emblem on my chest, this cross.. it speaks volumes more of my intentions than my actions.

This dagger in my trembling hand, it's not symbolic. The blood dripping down my chest, crawling down and pooling around my waistline. More than the sting from my open wound, I feel relief, restored and cleansed of my wrongs for now. There is always more to be sorry for, more mistakes to regret, but I have to try not to slip into old habits. Death waits for no man. But justice must be delivered.

The Batman knows what he's done, just as I do. It is a sin, but for us there is Salvation, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. He is forgiven, I personally have seen to it. I'm more worried about myself though. The blood on my hands can't be forgotten, even if it is forgiven.

"Help! He-H-H..." Outside, roughly thirty yards away at most.

Slipping on a white t-shirt, my blood instantly creates the Red Cross people associate with me. There's no time to grab the suit, but my swords will certainly do.

Grabbing their hilts, I held one in each hand before dashing out of the twin doors of the abandoned church I was sitting in. Fire and Ice, red and blue, the blades were even more opposed. Sin and Salvation. Both in my hands, I pointed the red blade of sin toward the sound of the scream before following as though I were heading north on a compass.

Dunk-unk-unk

A man, no, a piece of trash was smacking the skull of a woman against the passenger door of a dump truck. She coughed and sputtered, but wasn't even strong enough to resist

"That's quite enough!" I sheathed the Sword of Sin, more important than knowing every terrible thing he'd done was stopping it.

I clubbed the assailant with the hilt of the Sword of Salvation above his crown before tugging on his throat and undermining his footing, stomping on the back of his heels. He dropped to the ground, bathed in the blue light of my sword and with eyes as wide as a full moon. He was as stiff as a saltine, laying there while my face zoomed in on his.

"You.. what.. are.. who?"

"You are guilty, that's certainly what matters. As for myself, I am an avenger. Azrael."

I stood up straight before giving a full overhead swing of my sword into his shoulder. His scream was unbearable. Loud. Then the Sword of Salvation activated and we saw it. His broken home, the double lives his girlfriends led, and the son who wants him dead. Secret suffering. This man doesn't just need to be punished, he must be repurchased.

"You're going to prison. Whether you reform and straighten out your life or carry on making this a worse place than it already is is up to yourself."

I had an epiphany.

I have nothing to do with god. I do not deliver his judgements, end his foes, or anything of the sort. I am a man, a mortal, and a mere piece of dust in the cosmic drift. I'm no angel, just a vigilante with mystical swords. I'm not a thing like Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Working on a Superman post, just finished reading Reign of the Doomsdays.

Azrael_Michael_Lane_0013.jpg

Character Name: Michael Lane; Azrael

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Walking the Line

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Bold Scarlet Book Antiqua

Powers and Abilities: Michael Lane is a former GCPD officer and marine corpsman with experience in close combat and expert marksmanship. The Suit of Sorrows endows him with the skills of all who wore it before himself. He wields the Sword of Sin, which reveals all misdeeds of whoever its directed to, and the Sword of Salvation, which reveals all motivations and intentions.

Character Origin/Backstory: Before the Knights Templar were rejected, St. Dumas formed his own sect called the Order of St. Dumas, which employed warrior knights called Azrael. The Order splintered several sects of its own, such as the Order of Purity, which created its own Azraels.

Jean Paul Valley had been a close ally of the Batfamily before being shot and falling to death in a river. His corpse was recovered by The League of Assassins, a group rivaling The Order of St Dumas who held onto it as an eventual asset. During the Blackest Night event Azrael returned and realized how unappreciated he was. Within the last year, Ra's fully resurrected him via a Lazarus Pit before he convinced the Azrael personality to join to join the League of Assassins.

Elsewhere, Michael Lane had been a GCPD officer and Marine Corpsman before he ended up selected by The Order of Purity to become their Azrael. Among numerous other adventures, he came to Gotham City to judge it before he realized he wasn't representing god well at all, he was being manipulated. So he left to atone for his sins. In the last year he has performed a deep study of his soul before returning to Gotham, this time to be a savior in cooperation with Batman, Inc. He has interceded and forgiven the original Batman's sins, appraising him as a good man with troublesome circumstances, even aiming to be more like him.

Why this character? I have a neat plot to bring Valley back, develop Lane and fight for truth and justice. Plus, I really like the Azraels and feel they've been replaced in The New 52 with The Court of Owls and Talons.

What can you bring to the RPG? A few puns and a couple posts. I wanna really play with others, which is something I haven't ever done much of.

"...for I have sinned."

That's it. I'm a sinner.

Hard to swallow for anyone, but I'm not just anyone. I'm Azrael, a knight, supposedly a savior. This emblem on my chest, this cross.. it speaks volumes more of my intentions than my actions.

This dagger in my trembling hand, it's not symbolic. The blood dripping down my chest, crawling down and pooling around my waistline. More than the sting from my open wound, I feel relief, restored and cleansed of my wrongs for now. There is always more to be sorry for, more mistakes to regret, but I have to try not to slip into old habits. Death waits for no man. But justice must be delivered.

The Batman knows what he's done, just as I do. It is a sin, but for us there is Salvation, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. He is forgiven, I personally have seen to it. I'm more worried about myself though. The blood on my hands can't be forgotten, even if it is forgiven.

"Help! He-H-H..." Outside, roughly thirty yards away at most.

Slipping on a white t-shirt, my blood instantly creates the Red Cross people associate with me. There's no time to grab the suit, but my swords will certainly do.

Grabbing their hilts, I held one in each hand before dashing out of the twin doors of the abandoned church I was sitting in. Fire and Ice, red and blue, the blades were even more opposed. Sin and Salvation. Both in my hands, I pointed the red blade of sin toward the sound of the scream before following as though I were heading north on a compass.

Dunk-unk-unk

A man, no, a piece of trash was smacking the skull of a woman against the passenger door of a dump truck. She coughed and sputtered, but wasn't even strong enough to resist

"That's quite enough!" I sheathed the Sword of Sin, more important than knowing every terrible thing he'd done was stopping it.

I clubbed the assailant with the hilt of the Sword of Salvation above his crown before tugging on his throat and undermining his footing, stomping on the back of his heels. He dropped to the ground, bathed in the blue light of my sword and with eyes as wide as a full moon. He was as stiff as a saltine, laying there while my face zoomed in on his.

"You.. what.. are.. who?"

"You are guilty, that's certainly what matters. As for myself, I am an avenger. Azrael."

I stood up straight before giving a full overhead swing of my sword into his shoulder. His scream was unbearable. Loud. Then the Sword of Salvation activated and we saw it. His broken home, the double lives his girlfriends led, and the son who wants him dead. Secret suffering. This man doesn't just need to be punished, he must be repurchased.

"You're going to prison. Whether you reform and straighten out your life or carry on making this a worse place than it already is is up to yourself."

I had an epiphany.

I have nothing to do with god. I do not deliver his judgements, end his foes, or anything of the sort. I am a man, a mortal, and a mere piece of dust in the cosmic drift. I'm no angel, just a vigilante with mystical swords. I'm not a thing like Jesus Christ.

Nice. I've always had a soft spot for the Azrael identity and the potential for where that character could go, but I could never even attempt to weave that into the Gotham stuff on my own. Here's hoping you have better luck.

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

Also...

World of Legends The New DC RPG: Character Application:

Character Name: Hunter Zolomon

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): [BLACKOUT]Bold yellow in blackout[/BLACKOUT]

Powers and Abilities: Hunter Zolomon is a skilled former profiler for the FBI, specializing in costumed criminals and well read on analyses of many personalities within the superhero and supervillain communities. At present time Hunter is a regular human male with above average fitness and law enforcement training, but wheelchair bound in Iron Heights Penitentiary. He previously possessed what was effectively superspeed--although technically different--at a level greatly surpassing even that of Wally West. Hunter Zolomon had been dislodged from linear time and its fixed rate of progression, allowing him to control how fast linear time moved relative to himself. In other words, he could slow the world down to an infinitesimal crawl from his point of view and move freely in a world of statues, practically. From an outsider's point of view, this manifests effectively as a form of superspeed.

Character Origin/Backstory: Cosmic treadmill blew up in homeboy's face and popped him outta time.

Why this character? I want to try a new character I've never played before, but one whom I've always been a huge fan of.

What can you bring to the RPG? Turds.

My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite popular belief, I was once the fastest man alive. With a snap of my fingers I could make lives better through tragedy and I pushed the Flash to outrace time itself and become a better hero.

Or at least, that was the goal. Once upon a time.

1142001-zoom_2.jpg

I now spend my endless days surrounded by the scum of humanity that I spent my life trying to understand and protect the world against. These are the dregs that stole everything from me, and I can hear them mocking me. I helped put a number of them in here after all. Iron Heights. Second only to Strykers Island in Metropolis as far as the threat level of metahuman supercriminals being contained therein. Strykers Island is for perps with world breaking power to rival the hero figures in that area; thugs capable of wiping buildings off the map, alien conquerors looking to claim Earth, mutant freaks on a rampage, or your ordinary supervillain looking to make a name for himself by playing king of the mountain in Superman's turf.

No, Iron Heights is different. True, there are monsters surrounding me in here, and they may have powers and colorful gimmicks, but they're human. They have buttons to push. Captain Cold has a soft spot for working girls and beer, but knows how to maintain professionalism on the job. It's why he's a good leader. But bring up his dead sister and watch him lose his cool. No pun intended.

The Mirror Master is a professional killer but has an unprofessional bloodlust. He's always been good at killing, but never good at the job, if you see the difference. Absolutely lousy to work with, according to known associates prior to his assuming the Mirror Master mantle. Evan McCulloch has power but will never be capable of reaching the reputable status of some other hired guns I know of, like Slade Wilson or Floyd Lawton. It's just not in him. So he instead settled into a routine of robbing banks along with the rest of the Rogues. I've also heard rumors that McCulloch has fallen back into the cocaine habit lately, too. My heart breaks.

The list goes on. Weather Wizard, Magenta, Heat Wave, Trickster, Boomerang. Well, okay, maybe not Captain Boomerang. So much potential to change the world, but they're all held back by just how mundanely they choose to live their lives. With the exception of the occasional outlier like the Top or Grodd, they don't push themselves to reach just a little bit further and find their true potential.

They don't rise to truly challenge the Flash.

None of them can find the will to really push my friend to his limits, beyond ideals of naïve morality; to run with him down that hellish road, side by side every step of the way, spurring him onward through tragedy to help him reach new heights.

You're insane, Hunter. The voice in my head... the voice of my former father in-law... the voice of my ex wife...

They try to bring me back down to the level of the sheep. No. That weakness; that helplessness is not something I will let myself succumb to ever again. [BLACKOUT]I am not insane.[/BLACKOUT] I may be crippled and alone once again, but as long as I don't lose sight of my goal to help the Flash and help the world find true heroism... I'll always have a reason to push forward.

[BLACKOUT]It's hard to be terribly effective from the inside of a prison cell, though.[/BLACKOUT]

No sooner has that thought crossed my mind, when a wave of pain washes over my... legs? It's just for a moment, and I'm too stunned to even react. Trying to wiggle my toes after the initial surprise fades elicits nothing. And then... perhaps I imagined it, but I could almost swear a single droplet falling from the leaking tap in my sink froze in midair for the briefest of moments.

My name is Hunter Zolomon. And for the first time in what seems like forever, a small smile creeps across my face.

Supergirl! Why you been holding out on this one for so damn long, woman?! :cmad:

Valpproved.gif

BECAUSE SOMEONE GAVE SETH VETO POWER. SETH TELL US IT'S OKAY. Grr. :cmad:

Superboy post coming. Been dragging my feet through some writer's block, but I think I've got a lead now.

Howdy Ho everyone. Just wanted to stop by and give a plug for the new Marvel 616 RPG, its been kinda slow going getting it off the ground, would love to have as many players as we could. Stop on by and check it out.

Sorry that too so long to get up, had lots of stuff going on, some writers block and class stuff to take care of. I just need to find an artist who will work with me and my grade is saved, ha.

Character Name: Alexander J. Luthor

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): 100% Villain

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Dark Orchid/ Century Gothic

Powers and Abilities: Lex has no meta-human powers. However he does have a genius level I-Q, several weapons including a Battle-Suit, and tremendous wealth as the Founder and President of LexCorp.

Character Origin/Backstory: Lex grew up in the Suicide Slum section of Metropolis. He was a victim of child abuse and hated his life in the Slum vowing to not only escape but one day make his father pay for the abuse he suffered at his hand. Luthor used his Genius level I-Q to win a full ride scholarship at Metropolis University.After graduating from Met-U MIT was begging him to attend which he did further enhancing his reputation as a Genius. Lex used his tech savvy gifts and ruthlessness to build LexCorp into one of the most, if not THE, powerful companies in the world. (He is an evil Bill Gates)

Why this character?: I have missed this character!

What can you bring to the RPG?: Experience, knowledge of the character, and I missed being here.

Lex stares out at the Metropolis Skyline as he finishes putting on his Tuxedo Jacket for the LexCorp charity ball. His assistant Mercy Graves knocks on the door to his office.

He says, "Enter."

Mercy hands him an envelope and says, "This arrived by courier abut 10 minutes ago."

Lex says, "Thank you Mercy have the Limo in front in 15 minutes."

She bows slightly and leaves the office. Lex opens the envelope and it shows several pictures of Senator Layden in a less than flattering light.

Lex smiles and scans a few of them. He then calls Senator Layden and says, "Good Evening Patrick. How are you?"

Layden responds, "What do you want Lex? It's a bad enough I've gotta play nice in front of the cameras for your charity event tonight."

Lex responds, "Oh come now Patrick no need to get uppity with me on this besides you're about to owe me."

Patrick asks, "For what?"

Lex replies, "For keeping this out of the National Spotlight."

Lex sends the scanned documents to Patrick who mumbles, "How? It's not possible I was HOW?"

Lex replies, "Not important the fact that I have them though is, and you are about to do exactly what I say or you can be ready to have Jon Stewart and his crew have a good time with these tomorrow night."

Patrick asks, "What is it you want?"

Lex replies, "Simple the McClosky Defense Bill; you are now in favor of it."

Layden says, "But I campaigned against it. I've written editorials against it. I made my opposition the center piece of my time in the Senate!"

Lex says, "You had a change of heart. It's either that or your family and you can work out your change of address, because I'm betting your wife will not want you in her life or your children's lives especially if scan #2 is seen by the public! WOW! Anyway Your call Patty."

Layden says, "All-right Luthor you win, but know this I will devote my life to seeing you burn in hell!"

Lex says, "Whatever just remember to smile for the camera tonight during our photo-op." Patrick hangs up the phone and Lex says, "Not even a goodbye. Well that was rather rude."

Lex begins to chuckle as he leaves his office.

Luthor_bright.png

Last edited:
Post incoming on Monday.

I know people say that alot and then don't follow through on it, but I have the post fully written and saved twice over. I'm just not going to be at home until Monday, so I'm not currently in a position to format it, add pictures, and what-have-you to make it all fancy.

Apologies for it taking this long. Things're finally moving back to where I wanted them to be for this introductory arc after I painted myself into a corner, creatively, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Post incoming on Monday.

I know people say that alot and then don't follow through on it, but I have the post fully written and saved twice over. I'm just not going to be at home until Monday, so I'm not currently in a position to format it, add pictures, and what-have-you to make it all fancy.

Apologies for it taking this long. Things're finally moving back to where I wanted them to be for this introductory arc after I painted myself into a corner, creatively, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Better get to work on some more - preferably a month or two's worth - posts in the bank before Tuesday (otherwise known as the day MB disappears without a trace into his Arkham parlour).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"