The Hype's Texas Hold Em' Thread

No doubt, Jamie Gold is a horrible player. He's aggressive when he shouldn't be, he's not able to achieve a good bluff

Jaimie Gold was able to trick people into calling when the should have folded and folding when they should have called. He is a poker one hit wonder.

Man the best hand I ever had in poker was a straight flush which I lost to a better straight flush. How you may ask? I had 7,8,9,10,J of hearts and my opponent got 9,10,J,Q,K. There was no way I could know given he slow played just as I as someone else (with an ace high flush) was playing into us. I of course eventually went all in just as the 2 others and lost most of my chips (I had more then the 2 others). I eventually broke even for the night but that hand took allot out of me.

Then again I lost another hand with 2 bullets, all in pre-flop, against A,8. The guy hit a flush as 4 spades came up on the flop and the river.

Those were some bad beats I took.

Man the best hand I ever had in poker was a straight flush which I lost to a better straight flush. How you may ask? I had 7,8,9,10,J of hearts and my opponent got 9,10,J,Q,K. There was no way I could know given he slow played just as I as someone else (with an ace high flush) was playing into us. I of course eventually went all in just as the 2 others and lost most of my chips (I had more then the 2 others). I eventually broke even for the night but that hand took allot out of me.

Then again I lost another hand with 2 bullets, all in pre-flop, against A,8. The guy hit a flush as 4 spades came up on the flop and the river.

Those were some bad beats I took.

I lost once with quad 4. All the 4s hit the board and I was outkicked.

Pros I look up to:

Daniel Negreanu
My fav pro, this guy is good!

Phil Hellmuth Jr
Awesome pro but a bit full of himself

Gus Hansen
This guy is crazy, he plays hands you won't believe and has every looking like ''WTF''. Gus rocks.

Sam Farha
Sammy always gets respect at any table cause they damn well know not to fck with him.

Antonio Esfandiari
Before becoming a professional poker player,
he was a professional magician. LOL

Doyle Brunson
Big Pappa, nuff said

tip: Learn to control everything about yourself.
The way you talk, when you talk, what u say, when you say it,
how you look, where you look at ect ect. In other words learn how to act and mix it all up. It's all about the art of manipulation.

High Stakes poker vids..all seasons ----> http://www.pokerslibrary.com/

Pros I look up to:

Daniel Negreanu
My fav pro, this guy is good!

Phil Hellmuth Jr
Awesome pro but a bit full of himself

Gus Hansen
This guy is crazy, he plays hands you won't believe and has every looking like ''WTF''. Gus rocks.

Sam Farha
Sammy always gets respect at any table cause they damn well know not to fck with him.

Antonio Esfandiari
Before becoming a professional poker player,
he was a professional magician. LOL

Doyle Brunson
Big Pappa, nuff said

All of these players are definetly pros I observe closely. Farha and Esfandiari are two players I'm not so keen on based on their skills, they both have great personalities, but I find Farha risks too many bluffs with bad hands and isn't always able to carry out the lie till the end, he generally finds himself short stacked quickly. Antonio, is a pretty standard player in my eyes, rarely takes too many risks and finds himself alot of times in trouble with decent pocket hands. I'd put Phil Laak on that list, as well as Johnny Chan, two greats.

So I just found out that there's a slim chance I'll be able to compete in one of the WSOP tourneys. I have to go to Vegas next week to help my mom appraise a neew condo they just bought there and there is a $1500 NL shootout tournament whiel I'm there. I don't have enough money fo rit righ tnow, but I'm gonna see if I can get my mom to pay for half of it (if I'm lucky all of it) and hopefully I'll be able to compete.

If not, I still get to be in Vegas during the WSOP which means there will be packed poker rooms all over to sit at.

Sounds great man, I hope you are able to enter.

All of these players are definetly pros I observe closely. Farha and Esfandiari are two players I'm not so keen on based on their skills, they both have great personalities, but I find Farha risks too many bluffs with bad hands and isn't always able to carry out the lie till the end, he generally finds himself short stacked quickly. Antonio, is a pretty standard player in my eyes, rarely takes too many risks and finds himself alot of times in trouble with decent pocket hands. I'd put Phil Laak on that list, as well as Johnny Chan, two greats.

Yeah you're right about Sammy, he does play crappy hands alot.
The reason I put him up there is because he can force himself upon a table, thats what I like about Sammy.
Chan on the other hand is a monster player but I never really feel his game.
His character doesn't appeal to me at all. No style, no humor.
Phil is awesome.

this one time . . . I was playing hold 'em w/ some friends and I was dealt pocket trips . . . no bullshyt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"