The Inevitable Barry Allen Recasting Thread

They should just slip a new actor into Flashpoint during some timey wimey ****ery and say he changed because of timeline shenanigans. That way they can change him as much as they want, hell even his costume could change.

Of course, a big question is when they would have the change occur. Ideally they would have it occur as soon as possible, but it depends on how much they're willing to chop up and alter existing footage. I assume they'd want the change to occur more towards the end. But if they plan (haha, having a plan, what a concept) on using this version of Flash in the future it would benefit them to at least have the new actor appear before the climax so people have a reason to feel more hyped about seeing more of this portrayal.

Last edited:
It would be so easy to replace him in a film Like this.
Have barry ( Ezra ) try to go back in time.

But little does he know other barry's on alternate Earths are doing the exact same thing at the same time.

He ( Ezra ) speeds off and disappears, almost instantly another Barry pops in.
It's a different barry and flash. Different suit and a totally different person.
This barry is now stuck here, and the other barry ( ezra) is off stuck somewhere else.

It took all of two minutes to think that up.
Don't over complicate it WB.

It's Easy peasy.

Timothee chalamet?

Just use this movie for a full on reboot.

Let’s go with Wally West.

And his theatrical stuff shows me that KJ Apa is actually a solid actor who is squandered in a CW show.

It would be so easy to replace him in a film Like this.
Have barry ( Ezra ) try to go back in time.

But little does he know other barry's on alternate Earths are doing the exact same thing at the same time.

He ( Ezra ) speeds off and disappears, almost instantly another Barry pops in.
It's a different barry and flash. Different suit and a totally different person.
This barry is now stuck here, and the other barry ( ezra) is off stuck somewhere else.

It took all of two minutes to think that up.
Don't over complicate it WB.

It's Easy peasy.
Do that even before the opening credits please. :cwink:

Just use this movie for a full on reboot.

Agreed. Having Flash go to Burton’s Bat-verse was/is such a good idea but this is not the movie I want to see Keaton return in. Hopefully WB takes the loss, scraps the release, and starts anew.

I think I still prefer just aging him up. Have Barry get stuck in the speed force for what reads to viewers like a few seconds, but was 10-20 years for Barry. But at the same time, I think this only works if the older actor is someone instantly recognizable and loved.

Is Grant Gustin too much of a "TV actor" to play Barry Allen on the big screen?
he's to much associated with that version of Flash... I'd want the movies to be something more original

Warner Bros. is never casting Grant Gustin for the Flash movies. It's not happening. Zack Snyder didn't do it either.

Dylan O’Brien
Billy Magnussen
Jack Quaid
Joe Keery
Logan Lerman
Ross Lynch
Joseph Quinn
Nat Wolff

Last edited:
I think the real issue with bringing in the TV actor to play the hero in a movie is that you'd have to change their whole supporting cast that helped them become beloved in the first place. You wouldn't have that Iris, that adoptive dad, that Ma/Pa Kent or Lex Luthor. If you love Gustin and the show, I think it'd be sad to see him with a different girlfriend and dad.

I think the real issue with bringing in the TV actor to play the hero in a movie is that you'd have to change their whole supporting cast that helped them become beloved in the first place. You wouldn't have that Iris, that adoptive dad, that Ma/Pa Kent or Lex Luthor. If you love Gustin and the show, I think it'd be sad to see him with a different girlfriend and dad.
The show went down hill long ago though, so I don't think it will be a problem imo.

Just make it Wally West instead. Why does it have to be Barry Allen?
I prefer Wally West the usual argument would be they go with the first, but that is Jay Garrick and he is never getting a movie. They go with Barry because the whole Flashpoint, I always preferred Wally he is just more fun. Same with GL I want John Stewart version not Hal Jordan who is used often in animated series and the movie they did.

With Wally though I want the style I grew up with from JL show and DC animated universe Pre New 52. Unless the New 52 is way more fun than the CW Wally West. They made Wally so boring on CW Flash and removed him to be on the Legends show I think.

I prefer Wally West the usual argument would be they go with the first, but that is Jay Garrick and he is never getting a movie. They go with Barry because the whole Flashpoint, I always preferred Wally he is just more fun. Same with GL I want John Stewart version not Hal Jordan who is used often in animated series and the movie they did.

With Wally though I want the style I grew up with from JL show and DC animated universe Pre New 52. Unless the New 52 is way more fun than the CW Wally West. They made Wally so boring on CW Flash and removed him to be on the Legends show I think.
Infinite Frontier has made Wally fun again while also returning him to the main Flash. If you aren’t reading the current Jeremy Adams Flash run with Wally as The Flash, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is extremely fun. I find myself with a huge smile on my face when I’m reading it.

so that's it, huh ? no matter what he does, hooray for ezra cause he's a great Flash ? it's all good. no matter how many kids he kidnaps, how many girls he hits because the only thing that matters is that it's his favorite character to play and that the movie is finally released ? they will just do, what, an inventory and do like nothing happened so the movie will be a huge success ? what a sick joke !

Dylan O’Brien
Billy Magnussen
Jack Quaid
Joe Keery
Logan Lerman
Ross Lynch
Joseph Quinn
Nat Wolff
I hope for O'Brien to NOT happen. I don't like him as an actor.

Lerman is someone we should simply forget. He's above CBMs (in his own eyes) and prefer other genres

he's to much associated with that version of Flash... I'd want the movies to be something more original
I respectfully disagree with dceu crashing and burning (for this particular instance) I don’t see the harm in grant Tustin!! He’s a good actor and is not the **** show Ezra is….IMO

Word is that British actor George Mackay(1917) is the top choice to play the DCEU Barry Allen in case they do end up recasting the role after The Flash:

I'd be down with that casting.

George Mackay does have a comicbook Barry Allen or old school Wally West type of look.
Hopefully if he gets the part they'll do their own thing with his version of Barry , without trying to emulate Ezra's Barry.

80IQRdk9FIfkVJQB54Y7rZjNyDj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"