The Inevitable Barry Allen Recasting Thread

This thread aged too well.

It"s been a long time since 2017. With the way the Ezra saga is going, surely they can get some intern to "throw up" some concepts for the eventual deepfake version of the film where they replace Miller with Logan Lerman or whoever :o

I'm on the Jack Quaid bandwagon. Very likable, charismatic, and charming with a great energy to him. He got the best of both his parents to the point where if he plays his cards right, can carve out a better place than his dad did.

I didn't mind Jack Quaid, but lately he's starting to feel inescapable.

Wow one movie and a cartoon show you can only watch behind a pay walled streaming service. You cannot escape this guy!

I wish! I would be rich if Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan where my parents.

I'm on the Jack Quaid bandwagon. Very likable, charismatic, and charming with a great energy to him. He got the best of both his parents to the point where if he plays his cards right, can carve out a better place than his dad did.
I could be into that.

What's that? Wally West is now the lead and we learn that Barry Allen is dead somehow? :funny:

This thread needs more love.

What's that? Wally West is now the lead and we learn that Barry Allen is dead somehow? :funny:

This thread needs more love.

If we got a Wally West with a personality similar to the Justice League animated series... I'd be a okay with that, honestly.

In terms of casting,
I'd frankly just make the next Flash film it's own standalone thing in its own continuity without it being attached to the DCEU baggage ,and as opposed to trying to continue Ezra's version.

The next Flash film should just be a film solely about The Flash, and not a film trying to tie everything together and work through a decade worth of DC on film drama.

A film that just hits the ground running,( pardon the pun) and tells a story where The Flash is the only hero we need to be concerned about.

For that type of Flash film, I'd go with a Barry Allen closet to the comics.
This actor's name has been tossed around for multiple CBM films at this point, But Glen Powell, 33 could pull it off.

He's my choice for Human Torch , but my guess is that that role is already cast at this point.

He'd be have to be very different than Ezra's version, and even Grant Gustin's version imo.
And while he doesn't have that slight look that Ezra and Grant have, I could believe him as a guy who went through the Police Academy and is a member of Law Enforcement.

And while he's not a 20 something, they could always go with the idea that he's a Flash who isn't a rookie.

Glen-Powell.jpeg

top-gun-maverick-glen-powell-hangman_2.jpg

glen-powell-2-e1610132733780-scaled.jpg

Billy Magnussen could be his Reverse Flash/ Eobard Thawne.
Billy-Magnussen-in-No-Time-To-Die-Publicity-H-2021.jpg

If it's a Flash that somehow is look-wise close to Ezra's version, it will be kind of easy to buy he's the same Barry Allen.
I think Frank Dillane is a good replacement in that case. They both have that dark and edgy emo-like vibe to them (but the DCU-Flash itself was quite silly, a comic relief)
astral2.jpg

If the studio is going for a completely different thing, perhaps more comic book accurate, Lucas Hedges is a top class choice. I can also see him as Human Torch in F4.
243aa20df72b1f6008aeb2c3cce7ae93eef8157e

Last edited:
Anyone who resembles Miller in some way should be off the cards as unfortunate as that may be.

Why Wally?
Why not Jay Garrick?
Add scene at the end of the FLASH movie and then have Jay join Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone in the JSA movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"