The Inevitable Barry Allen Recasting Thread

Why Wally?
Why not Jay Garrick?
Add scene at the end of the FLASH movie and then have Jay join Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone in the JSA movie.

Wally West is the best Flash. He's the modern age Flash.

I think people underestimate how popular Bruce Timm's JL animated series is. I still remember people wondering why Hal Jordan was GL in the live action film, instead of John Stewart. So many comments when that trailer dropped asking about that.

Wally West would be fun, I think.

So change it to Wally West.

If you've read the spoilers for the film, then you know this movie is very much a Barry Allen story. You can't just put Wally in there without changing the character.

If they wanted to use Wally, just kill off Barry after this film and introduce Wally as the new Flash in a separate film.

If you've read the spoilers for the film, then you know this movie is very much a Barry Allen story. You can't just put Wally in there without changing the character.

If they wanted to use Wally, just kill off Barry after this film and introduce Wally as the new Flash in a separate film.

I'm OK with it. Use Wally West, who they should've used to begin with.

If it’s a big star, they would have to be really good for me to forget “it’s actor x as The Flash”. It would be easier if they get an unknown.
That could be said for every character in every film, also with original stories.
We don't see the divorced husband who's depressed, we see the actor.

Here's my list of potential Miller replacements. Most of them are actors who auditioned for the latest Spider-Man movies.

Judah Lewis
Born: May 22, 2001 in USA
Height: 5' 9" (1,75 m)
Judah Lewis - IMDb
Login • Instagram

Asa Butterfield
Born: April 1, 1997 in Islington, London, England, UK
Height: 6' (1,83 m)
Asa Butterfield - IMDb
Login • Instagram

Charlie Plummer
Born: May 24, 1999 in Poughkeepsie, New York, USA
Height: 5' 11" (1,8 m)
Charlie Plummer - IMDb

Charlie Rowe
Born: April 23, 1996 in Islington, London, England, UK
Height: 5' 10" (1,78 m)
Charlie Rowe - IMDb

Liam James
Born: August 7, 1996 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Liam James - IMDb
Login • Instagram

K.J. Apa
Born: June 16, 1997 in Auckland, New Zealand
K.J. Apa - IMDb
Login • Instagram

You won't accept Frank Dillane as a replacement then?

Correct. We don't want to replace the elephant in the room with I can't believe it's not elephant. That's weird for the audience if the new actor apes Ezra who you want to disassociate from and no actor should be seen as his understudy. It should be a new face with a different performance.

Instead, maybe Frank Dillane's Miller-esque qualities could make him a good candidate for the Reverse Flash, and serve as a sort of meta-commentary on how Ezra Miller was/is so fundamentally unsuited to being Barry Allen and is totally the opposite on what the character is all about. Basically Miller would be the Reverse Flash, but not played by Miller lol.

Correct. We don't want to replace the elephant in the room with I can't believe it's not elephant. That's weird for the audience if the new actor apes Ezra who you want to disassociate from and no actor should be seen as his understudy. It should be a new face with a different performance.
I was thinking it could be the very same Barry Allen but with another actor.
If the studio will still use that version of the character, why go for a different kind of performance then?

But a Barry Allen from a different universe, then it'll work.

Here's my list of potential Miller replacements. Most of them are actors who auditioned for the latest Spider-Man movies.

Judah Lewis
Born: May 22, 2001 in USA
Height: 5' 9" (1,75 m)
Judah Lewis - IMDb
Login • Instagram

Asa Butterfield
Born: April 1, 1997 in Islington, London, England, UK
Height: 6' (1,83 m)

Asa Butterfield - IMDb
Login • Instagram

Charlie Plummer
Born: May 24, 1999 in Poughkeepsie, New York, USA

Charlie Plummer - IMDb

Charlie Rowe
Born: April 23, 1996 in Islington, London, England, UK
Height: 5' 10" (1,78 m)

Charlie Rowe - IMDb

Liam James
Born: August 7, 1996 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liam James - IMDb
Login • Instagram

K.J. Apa
Born: June 16, 1997 in Auckland, New Zealand

K.J. Apa - IMDb
Login • Instagram

I'll give a maybe to Charlie Plummer and Judah Lewis
NO to KJ Apa.
Butterfield? Not sure if he suits Flash at all.

My candidates so far, are Lucas Hedges, Lucas Till and (maybe) Frank Dillane
I can come up with more if you like

I'm OK with it. Use Wally West, who they should've used to begin with.
I hope they do Wally West in the way he was from all the JL cartoons. He is just a fun character, I like Barry too but with him having a tv show and origin given in JL movie they can start fresh and just do Wally.

Guessing whoever they cast could also be in a position to possibly choose to be Human Torch. In a general fun character with quips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"