Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no point in rebooting the whole universe just because those come back. Just insert them or make their movies set back in the beginning stages of the MCU and just make it a retcon basically. This is pretty simple stuff that has been done for years in the comics and is very much a template they can use for their movieverse going forward as well.

Just so you have maximum flexibility to support all your characters. FF especially, with all their ties to the Avengers and the greater Marvel Universe. Never really cared for mutants in the same universe however, but it wouldn't hurt. Spidey in a teamup would be pure spectacle. Don't really care although I want him to be made aware that he exists in the universe.

Spider-Man especially doesn't require a reboot of the entire line due to how separated he is from most of the Marvel U anyway. FF you could make a case for because the properties associated with them have such a wide range (Kree/Skrulls, Negative Zone, Galactus and his Heralds, etc) but they could just say those things were always out there in the universe and they just never used them.

X-Men, they could just say the mutant gene popped up when they get the rights back.

Man what a behemoth they have going on with IM3. It's expected to have compiled $450 million overseas by the end of this weekend and the opening here in the states should come in just under $200 million. I mean you're talking over $600 million in like 2 weekends. $1 billion is a lock.

Congrats Marvel on such a follow up to the beast that was The Avengers.

Man what a behemoth they have going on with IM3. It's expected to have compiled $450 million overseas by the end of this weekend and the opening here in the states should come in just under $200 million. I mean you're talking over $600 million in like 2 weekends. $1 billion is a lock.

Congrats Marvel on such a follow up to the beast that was The Avengers.

This time next week IM3 will be over $700 million WW. That's after just two weeks of release. In the five short years from the debut of Iron Man, Kevin Feige & co. have built the Marvel brand into one of the industry's powerhouses.

This film will make a billion. Good job Disney.

But then again, Spiderman 3 made a boatload as well. This was right on par with that film. I can't imagine WOM will be anything to write home about. International numbers will put this over.

That's really your opinion. The general consensus on this is hardly as bad as SM3.

I predicted $850m

I'm revising my prediction to roughly $700m.

And this isn't a "i didn't like it so I'm just insulting it"

I legitimately think that many fans (such as myself) will not be going to repeat viewings as many times as they went and saw The Avengers. And I think that will cause a hit to its final numbers.

This film will laugh at $1 B. I'm not expecting Avengers legs, but I do think we'll see at least $1.2-1.3 B.

I predicted $850m

I legitimately think that many fans (such as myself) will not be going to repeat viewings as many times as they went and saw The Avengers. And I think that will cause a hit to its final numbers.

It's going to be up to $700 M by next Friday, chief. Box Office Mojo is predicting $627 M ww by Monday.

I predicted $850m

It's going to hit 700m by next Friday at the latest...

I'm surprised no midnight numbers yet.

That's really your opinion. The general consensus on this is hardly as bad as SM3.

I was looking forward to this and had not read any spoilers...I'm basically a GA fan with IM3. I expected some of that Avengers magic, as I'm sure many will, to rub off on this film. Beyond the action, it was just a 'hot mess'.

I'll wait for next weekend to see what people thought of this...This was just not the crowd pleaser I expected coming off The Avengers. This was closer to IM2(mediocre) than IM1(really good).

I predicted $850m

This is either a troll post or someone who is grossly misinformed.

^ lol, yeah. This film will have over $600m by Sunday. btw BOM is predicting a $177m OW. I'm expecting it open a little higher than that.

I was looking forward to this and had not read any spoilers...I'm basically a GA fan with IM3. I expected some of that Avengers magic, as I'm sure many will, to rub off on this film. Beyond the action, it was just a 'hot mess'.

I'll wait for next weekend to see what people thought of this...This was just not the crowd pleaser I expected coming off The Avengers. This was closer to IM2(mediocre) than IM1(really good).
Like I said, your opinion. The general consensus is hardly as bad as SM3.

I'm surprised no midnight numbers yet.
It was just released...especially when you made that post. They don't release midnight numbers 3 hours after the midnight showing. They may not release them at all though and just roll them into Friday numbers.

EDIT: Box Office is reporting that IM3 took in $15-18 million during midnight showings. Avengers made $18.7m during its midnight showing.

Last edited:
I predicted $850m

Did you see the link at the top of how much it's already made internationally and how much it's expected to make this weekend in US? Add in the 2nd international weekend and it doesn't matter if the film is a complete turd at this point. Those figures will definitely be beaten and very soon!

Word of mouth on this will be great just like every Marvel movie. The general public loves this stuff and this has more of it. Plus, it's really funny...that will drive business.

Thursday previews and midnights were $15.6m according to Disney. That is an excellent start. Probably headed for a $170-175m opening weekend.

The film being divisive amongst whiny fanboys won't matter a bit to the GA, who are pretty much guaranteed to enjoy the hell out of this film and will flock in droves to see it.
Heck, most people liked IM2 despite what you'd think visiting superhero forums.

Thursday previews and midnights were $15.6m according to Disney. That is an excellent start. Probably headed for a $170-175m opening weekend.
Great for midnights! 2nd all time weekend would be a nice way to start.

Spoiler tags....spoiler tags....spoiler tags.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"