Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first half I would agree. But the 2nd half felt like it was on auto pilot and not in the good way.

Fist fight on bombs, daring rescue, an interrogation, and the finale of the finest Superhero love story put on film yet. It could be better, but it is still damn good. Many forget scenes like Peggy's talk with Cap about Bucky or Zola's interrogation. The final action sequence is pure Indy in a very good way.

Last edited:
Your description makes it sound more exciting than the execution of it. Still the highest compliment I can pay the movie is that it made Cap my favorite Avenger. So Winter Soldier is easily my most anticipated Phase 2 movie.

Fist fight on bombs, daring rescue, an interrogation, and the finale of the finest Superhero love story put on film yet. It could be better, but it is still damn good. Many forget scenes like Peggy's talk with Cap about Bucky or Zola's interrogation. The final action sequence is pure Indy in a very good way.

This. I never understood the whole "movie in autopilot" attitude. I thought it was the best final act of phase 1 until Avengers.

Your description makes it sound more exciting than the execution of it. Still the highest compliment I can pay the movie is that it made Cap my favorite Avenger. So Winter Soldier is easily my most anticipated Phase 2 movie.
It has grown on me more and more. It is one of the few films that I like more and more every time I watch it.

This. I never understood the whole "movie in autopilot" attitude. I thought it was the best final act of phase 1 until Avengers.
The final act is awesome. One of my favorites. But I can understand the problems with the War montage and how hollow Bucky's death is. We just don't spend enough time with Cap actually fighting the war or with Bucky in general. Still, as a full package it works very, very well.

The climax of captain america was great. I loved the indiana jones fist fight feel when he is fighting on top of the flying bomber thing.

I have loved all the Marvel Studios films. Some are better than others, but there's something to be said that every film they have made has been certified fresh on RT. Not that the critics scores mean everything, but I think they have made quality films overall, and I think much like their Disney partner Pixar, you can expect good things from them.

What was great about CA was the "Indiana Jones" type feel it had. I think Marvel has been smart about picking the right director for the right film. I think this is why Joe Jonston was not retained. Not because they didn't like his work, but because the second film they are taking a different tone, from what Feige calls "a political thriller". That's not a film genre I associate with Joe Johnston.

Mjölnir;25735663 said:
Yes, I think I get it. There are some really big shots, like the throne room at the interrupted coronation, but I think the trailer showed that the new movie will get the feel of that better. I guess they make the space come alive to a new extent. And as T"Challa says the more natural look probably makes more people buy into it.

The throne room from the first movie was awesome, and seeing Loki sitting on the throne like it was taken straight from the pages of the comic.

I actually think the "clean" look worked for the first film, but I definitely like the new grittier bigger look of the new movie even more.

However, I remember when I wrote my review for Thor, my first reaction was that whoever made the Fantastic Four movies ought to be ashamed of themselves, because finally somebody brought the imagination and vision of Jack Kirby from the pages of the comic to the big screen.

The throne room from the first movie was awesome, and seeing Loki sitting on the throne like it was taken straight from the pages of the comic.

I actually think the "clean" look worked for the first film, but I definitely like the new grittier bigger look of the new movie even more.

However, I remember when I wrote my review for Thor, my first reaction was that whoever made the Fantastic Four movies ought to be ashamed of themselves, because finally somebody brought the imagination and vision of Jack Kirby from the pages of the comic to the big screen.
I agree that the first look worked well. I thought so the first time I saw it and when I rewatched it a couple of days ago, for the first time in a while, I even thought it worked better than I remembered. I too prefer the new look even more though so it goes from good to better.

It has grown on me more and more. It is one of the few films that I like more and more every time I watch it.

The final act is awesome. One of my favorites. But I can understand the problems with the War montage and how hollow Bucky's death is. We just don't spend enough time with Cap actually fighting the war or with Bucky in general. Still, as a full package it works very, very well.

Bucky's death couldn't overshadow Cap's apparent demise. That's what it came down to.

Bucky's death couldn't overshadow Cap's apparent demise. That's what it came down to.
It's too bad... I really like how they handled it in the A:EMH! cartoon, where Bucky's apparent death immediately preceded Cap's apparent death, and how that was the last image that Cap saw before he went under for 70 years. So tragic. Is that what happened in the comics? I never read it.

That said, the Cap "death" scene was still very touching, probably one of the most emotional moments in the MCU to date.

I can't wait to see happens in IM3!!!

It's too bad... I really like how they handled it in the A:EMH! cartoon, where Bucky's apparent death immediately preceded Cap's apparent death, and how that was the last image that Cap saw before he went under for 70 years. So tragic. Is that what happened in the comics? I never read it.

That said, the Cap "death" scene was still very touching, probably one of the most emotional moments in the MCU to date.

I can't wait to see happens in IM3!!!

Bucky's death proceeding Cap's would ruin the moment with Peggy and Steve. What they did was a necessary evil.

No, what it came down to was not enough time between the rescue mission and the final act. The rescue is Cap's first real mission and right from there we have a small window of time where he is the fully realized Cap in WWII on screen. That is all the montage followed immediately by Bucky's death. Then we are in the final act.

I don't think any Cap movie would ever have pleased everyone. His orgin story is just too difficult to make into a 2 hour movie. It was more important that they spent time developing Steve Rodgers rather than the WWII stuff. The movie needed some form of a montage for that.

What we got was pretty darned good. The second half of the movie was a bit weaker than the first. The ending of the movie, with the assault of Red Skulls base/airplane, was really good though. What more could you ask for in a Captain America movie?

I don't think any Cap movie would ever have pleased everyone. His orgin story is just too difficult to make into a 2 hour movie. It was more important that they spent time developing Steve Rodgers rather than the WWII stuff. The movie needed some form of a montage for that.

What we got was pretty darned good. The second half of the movie was a bit weaker than the first. The ending of the movie, with the assault of Red Skulls base/airplane, was really good though. What more could you ask for in a Captain America movie?

Would have been easy to add another 20+ mins. Or made a trilogy sent in WWII. But we know, creative decisions made for the Avengers. But we should get back on topic.

Transformers 3 is the mark for this. Has a good chance of getting #5 gross of all time.

Russian opening is going to be huge, OW of about $20m. WOW

TDW is going to benefit most from the "Avengers effect" because not only does it have an Avengers hero but THE Avengers villain in Loki.

Don't be surprised if most of the GA is more interested in watching Loki than Thor.

I doubt Thor will get a nearly $600m boost over its last movie like IM3.

Well, not saying this is what I believe will happen but TDK was a more than $600M WW increase over BB. TA was about a $900M WW increase over the previous highest grossing MCU film, IM2. It can and has happened before.

Yeah, I didn't say it hadn't. But I doubt it will happen to Thor.

So do I. But I can easily see a $300M+ jump WW for Thor.

Yeah $800m is definitely a realistic mark for it.

And I can see a $250M WW jump for Cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back