Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Thread

Something I noticed...

When Killian is showing Pepper his brain, he "accidentally" shows the view of the galaxy - it's the same exact view that was used in Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (when the Red Skull opens the Tesseract). Maybe AIM has some interest in Thor and it'll be explained in The Dark World.

I just took that as "Our brain is as amazing and beautiful as the galaxy." However, that take is really interesting and it's entirely plausible AIM would have interest in that sort of stuff.

Killian's tattoo = [BLACKOUT]Fin Fang Foom[/BLACKOUT]?

When Happy calls out "Bambi" to someone off screen at the office, its in reference to Mrs. Arbogast, Tony's long time secretary in the comics.

When Tony and Rhodey are eating at the restaurant in the beginning, a kid in glasses walks up to him and asks for his autograph, to which Tony says, "I loved you in A Christmas Story." Peter Billingsley, who actually was the kid from A Christmas Story, was in the first Iron Man as the scientist who got yelled at by Obadiah Stane ("TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!"). He was also an executive producer for the first film.

I thought it was cool he actually put on the Silver Centurian suit. I thought it was a cool nod to us who grew up reading IM.

Last edited:
When the kid was describing a stealth suit, was that a nod to a specific suit that Iron Man has?

When the kid was describing a stealth suit, was that a nod to a specific suit that Iron Man has?
Absolutely. I loved that reference to the Stealth Armor. (I loved everything with the kid, really.) It also kind of references the reflective panels that the SHIELD Helicarrier uses, although there's no way the kid would have known about that use of the technology.

Also, thumbs up about the Yinsen cameo. "Another time, perhaps?" Is great (post?)foreshadowing.

I was half-expecting Stark to say he already has a suit that does that, especially since we've seen merchandising and what was likely the stealth suit concept from IM1 in the scene where he's jumping off the platform and into the suit (same as the trailer). Unfortunately, even if that was the stealth suit, it sure didn't do anything stealth-like in the movie!

I loved the Yinsen cameo. The Silver Centurion armor was cool as well.

When Tony and Rhodey are eating at the restaurant in the beginning, a kid in glasses walks up to him and asks for his autograph, to which Tony says, "I loved you in A Christmas Story." Peter Billingsley, who actually was the kid from A Christmas Story, was in the first Iron Man as the scientist who got yelled at by Obadiah Stane ("TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!"). He was also an executive producer for the first film.

He was also one of the elves in Elf, which was directed by Jon Favreau. :up:

The scene when Tony sneaks into "The Mandarin's" mansion, once he enters the bedroom, there's a graffiti painting of a man with a skull face, that reminded me of Crossbones who will be a villain in Cap 2.

AT THE END OF THE MOVIE WHEN TONY BLOWS UP HIS SUITS, the codeword for the action is " blank slate" which is what the story arc is called, or the thing tony does to himself in the comics to wipe his memory.

AT THE END OF THE MOVIE WHEN TONY BLOWS UP HIS SUITS, the codeword for the action is " blank slate" which is what the story arc is called, or the thing tony does to himself in the comics to wipe his memory.

not to nitpick but it's call [BLACKOUT]"clean slate"[/BLACKOUT]

Something I noticed, they clearly zoned in on "ant repellant" while Tony was at the store. May or may not be a quick comedic nod to the future Ant Man movie

Apparently, President Ellis was named in tribute to comic writer Warren Ellis, the guy who wrote the original "Extremis" storyline. Drew Pearce even confirmed this on Twitter.

I think Roxxon being mentioned a few times was a cool Easter Egg. One of those big Marvel corporations.

were the scars on Ellen Brandt's face symbolic of the scars she had in the comics?

I didn't really pay that much attention the first time around since I was sitting quite close to the screen and it was hard to just focus, but were there any references to S.H.I.E.L.D., either in the files J.A.R.V.I.S.'s accessed or otherwise?

I thought it was cool he actually put on the Silver Centurian suit. I thought it was a cool nod to us who grew up reading IM.

the only time I fist pumped in the movie

Yinsen cameo was good because I specifically remembered the dialogue that Yinsen mentions to Tony that he saw Tony in 1999 and he (Tony) was drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"