Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was pretty sure Lau, as well as the women playing his wife and secretary, were all confirmed

Yeah, I was pretty sure Lau, as well as the women playing his wife and secretary, were all confirmed

Not confirmed; just reported by a Chinese newspaper.
They're *probably* right, but you can't call it confirmation until the studio makes it official.

From SHH's front page

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171017-aim-spotted-on-the-iron-man-3-set-

Another comic-centric element of the currently-filming Iron Man 3 has been revealed, thanks to new set photos at io9. As you can see in the photo below, the criminally scientific organization A.I.M. (Advance Idea Mechanics) has been spotted on set. What's more, the presence of a holiday decorations in the background should please Shane Black fans as it confirms that, like all of his movies, Iron Man 3 will feature, at least in part, a Christmas setting.

The site suggests that the presence of A.I.M. could point to an appearance of by the organization's creation and later leader, M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing). Though a fan-favorite, M.O.D.O.K. is one of Marvel's sillier villains and it's likely that A.I.M. will be utilized in a separate capacity (at least for the time being).

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, James Badge Dale, Ashley Hamilton and Jon Favreau, Iron Man 3 is scheduled to hit theaters on May 3, 2013.

I doubt MODOK is going to be in IM3; sure as heck doesn't fit into the storyline that's currently developing. And I know there's some people here just clamoring to get MODOK into the MCU, but count me as one of the ones who hopes to hell they stay far away from the silliest elements in the comics, of which MODOK is the biggest.

The only movie I'd want to see MODOK in would be Deadpool.

I agree. MODOK is god damn stupid and wouldn't be taken seriously in a live action film.

AIM, sure. MODOK, God no.

And please for the love of everything holy, change those stupid AIM uniforms. They've always looked so ******ed.

AIM, sure. MODOK, God no.

And please for the love of everything holy, change those stupid AIM uniforms. They've always looked so ******ed.

Then they would only be AIM in name only and would look rather generic. It would be like the black DD costume in The Trial of the Incredible Hulk.

AIM's yellow hazzard suits with the beekeeper helmets are iconic to their look.

I doubt MODOK is going to be in IM3; sure as heck doesn't fit into the storyline that's currently developing. And I know there's some people here just clamoring to get MODOK into the MCU, but count me as one of the ones who hopes to hell they stay far away from the silliest elements in the comics, of which MODOK is the biggest.

The only movie I'd want to see MODOK in would be Deadpool.

I hope to God we never see MODOK. No cheese please.

MODOK can stay far away from the MCU...

Heard from a source involved at the SAS shooting that Pearce was there along with Paltrow, RDJ, and Favreau.

I disagree with all you guys. MODOK is a delicious & vital part of the Marvel lore. Back in '07 people [appropriately] dismissed the notion that a giant planet-eating villain dressed in purple was too unrealistic for live action. That same sentiment is one I apply to MODOK. He's an awesome character that handled the right way could be as effective as Galactus would be, if he were accurately represented in a motion picture. I've been championing a giant floating Val Kilmer head for some time now & I would **** my pants if I found out Shane Black grants me that wish. Something tells me Pearce's character will end up becoming MODOK though, despite the comic book inaccuracy. One thing's for sure, if MODOK is indeed confirmed to be in this film, I will gain an interest in watching it.

Heard from a source involved at the SAS shooting that Pearce was there along with Paltrow, RDJ, and Favreau.

SAS doubles for Stark Industries, right? While Epic Games is fronting for AIM? (heh, now *there's* a picture, Cliffy)

So there's at least one scene that features Killian at Stark Industries. Question is: is he there as a friend, a rival, or an employee?

I am all for AIM, they fit very well into the MCU, but MODOK is something I would really rather not see in movie form, as has been said, to cheesie, IMO.

A good director could pull MODOK off. That's why they're directors and we're not. They have vision. :o

A good director could pull MODOK off. That's why they're directors and we're not. They have vision. :o

well.... it's a little more than just the director... the script or the artist behind his overall appearance

MODOK would really have to look amazing, and creepy, yet believable and not cheesey. MODOK is pretty damn hard to do in general.. because he'd have to differ pretty far from how he's normally portrayed. I imagine the Movie verse would probably make him more like Arnim Zola's robo suit, the Kree supreme intelligence... or hell. just use the abbreviation to be used for something else... like a microbe organism engineered by AIM

They should use modok similar to how that alien looks in Prometheus and the original Alien movie....like hooked up to all kinds of hardware; controlling lots of things and only breaks away at the end to cause destruction....he should be the brains behind the brawn, not floating around the whole movie saying how brilliant he is.

Make him stationary; a brilliant hybrid mind calculating and strategizing to take over the world behind the curtain, then surprise the audience at the end when (insert hero(s) here) gets inside A.I.M and finds his hiding place; hooked up to thousands of data streams like a gigantic human supercomputer, filthy and disgusting looking skin, lesions and bad skin from all the time spent stationary around 20ft tall and almost as wide, oh and then he speaks and breaks away from the machinery. I can see it, and if done right would be very very cool. If done like an animated show, very very cheesy.

by the way, what are your top suits of armor you would love to own real replicas of?

mine are:

1)Alfonse Elric (Full metal Alchemist)
2)Iron Man mark VII
3)The last Samurai (cruise's red suit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"