Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Without the twist they would remove the social commentary from the movie and it would be another by the numbers hero vs bad guy story. So I'm glad how it turned out in the movie although its unfortunate he wasn't allowed to have a female villain since that sounds very interesting and considering he's saying Rebecca Hall's was reduced the I guess she was probably the main villain.

Well the rings aren't magical (they're alien technology), so it would seem that Black doesn't understand Mandarin that well if he cannot even get a basic detail like that right.

And given how the main threat was glowey lava people with their random grab-bag of fire powers, I don't buy that alien tech was too "out there" for this movie.

Also Maya Hansen was the main villain of the Extremis arc that this movie is (very loosely) based on, whereas Killian shows up for like a page in order to kill himself and set the plot in motion. So her being the main villain would have worked on that level to, and they wouldn't have wasted Rebecca Hall's talents in a completely superfluous role.

He does...
You’d need to take the piss out of it and explain how this can happen. In the comic books, it’s literally magic. It’s magic from outer space. I love the fans. I really want to please them.

Sucks that a bunch of whiny babies - who are retroactively "fans" of Mandarin - ruined the experience for him

From a narrative perspective, I think that the Mandarin twist is actually quite clever (especially considering the social commentary). It worked well for the movie, in my honest opinion. I wasn't mad back in 2013, and I'm not mad now. I watched Iron Man 3 last week, and yeah ... I still really like the film. And I can see why general audiences loved it more than the fanboys did.

I can also see how the "real" Mandarin would have worked in Iron Man 3 as well, considering the MCU had established that aliens exist (hence the alien tech for the ten rings). In that case, though, I would have dropped the Extremis plotline altogether.

See I didn't find the alleged "commentary" to be all that clever. More like "he thinks that this is way more clever/deep than it actually is."

Oh and as for the rings, yeah that totally cannot be explained. It's not like the very last film before IM3 had aliens as a major part of the plot, oh wait it did.

Finally figuarts of Stark and in November Mark 3 http://thefwoosh.com/2016/05/bandai-s-h-figuarts-tony-stark-from-iron-man-3 Stark in October and November will see the release of the Mark 3!!! Yes! I need an upgrade from Revoltech
VfEKdQx.jpg
n1ZplRj.jpg
c1b0Ytr.jpg
0rgdbIq.jpg
fJHPD79.jpg
jzL9Ci1.jpg
Xixym5D.jpg
GZJYem0.png

At any rate, I do think that this is further evidence that Marvel Studios breaking away from Perlmutter is a good thing and will only help the films get even better from here on out. I've been holding out for Marvel to have a female villain in a film, which it seems like we'll be getting in Ragnorok next year, so I would've been cool with Maya Hansen being the main villain in IM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"