Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 min warning. The trailer will probably be there.

That was an OK 30 sec spot for IM3. Didn't give me chills or anything. lol

I think the extended will just be that scene longer with maybe a few clips at the end.

Yeah, I'm guessing so too. Even if what follows are quick clips, I just hope that we get glimpses of some good stuff.

Never mind, no one is going to see the IM3 trailer.

What'd you people want them to show? Mandarin and Iron Man fighting? Good on Marvel if they are avoiding showing too much.

I wanted to see some interaction between Tony and Mandarin, yes. I also wanted to see Coldblood/Firepower, Stoznyak's character, and maybe a bit more dialog.

I wanted to see some interaction between Tony and Mandarin, yes. I also wanted to see Coldblood/Firepower, Stoznyak's character, and maybe a bit more dialog.

Im sure 2min trailer late Feb would be so spoilerish, like IM2 trailer#2, that everyone would wish they hadnt seen it.

What'd you people want them to show? Mandarin and Iron Man fighting? Good on Marvel if they are avoiding showing too much.
Movie isn't that far off now, but personally I just wanted a real trailer with new footage.

Im sure 2min trailer late Feb would be so spoilerish, like IM2 trailer#2, that everyone would wish they hadnt seen it.

Eh, I'm not so worried about spoilers anymore. According to Science, spoilers don't negatively affect our enjoyment of a story. In fact, we enjoy it more.

In :30? You guys expect too much.

It's a SB spot. It's supposed to impress, and the general feeling so far is that it didn't. Like others, I'm holding out hope that the 60-second spot is a little more exciting.

So far Fast and Furious 6 is winning for trailers.

It's a SB spot. It's supposed to impress, and the general feeling so far is that it didn't. Like others, I'm holding out hope that the 60-second spot is a little more exciting.

It didn't impress the people who follow these movies from their inception. The average viewer is probably going to think it looks cool. Besides, Iron Man doesn't have to sell the goodies anymore. People will see it regardless.

It didn't impress the people who follow these movies from their inception. The average viewer is probably going to think it looks cool. Besides, Iron Man doesn't have to sell the goodies anymore. People will see it regardless.

That's the kind of lazy mentality I hope the Disney marketing department doesn't have. Of course you have to sell the goods.

The difference is IM3 is already sold. People know the character and the franchise and will go see it. They don't need to spend the money for it in a prime spot. The Lone Ranger is a new property that they need to sell, hence it needs the prime marketing spot. From a business point it makes sense.

What are you talking about? Of course they have to sell it. They have to sell it to everyone. That's why they've spent millions securing a super bowl spot. Do you honestly think that Marvel went "oh throw out anything, people will see it anyway"?

They spent 4 million for a spot. You don't spend that kind of cash if you don't think the film needs to be sold.

The superbowl spots are for the mass population. Not for the fans who've been following. Superbowl spots never really show much that we haven't seen

They don't have to show money shots to sell the movie. You guys want suitcase armor. They only need to whet the audiences appetite at this point. That's what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"