Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this is the Deep Space armor that's going to be in the movie. Looks like just that toy that was shown a while back. I wonder why the eye-slits are closed off.

They aren't. The helmet is likely using gold coated glass, which is resistant to solar heat. Same as on any astronaut's space helmet.

They aren't. The helmet is likely using gold coated glass, which is resistant to solar heat. Same as on any astronaut's space helmet.

Oh wow, that's interesting. Didn't know that, and now I'm happy they put that in there.

480875_10151440402172290_248835327_n.jpg

boom.

Thats. Is. Just. Plain. Badass! :wow:

I cannot wait for the next Trailer!

I can remove that post if the 'b-word' isn't allowed lol.

spoiler tagged it for the pure of heart out there that don't like bad words :)

What if the first thing we see in IM3 is Stark testing the Deep Space Armour...?

Stark could make a similar entrance like the "Avengers"

Working in space setting up a satellite and Pepper calls him

The Deep space armor could be a nod to the first movie or expanding on it

Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystems.

looks like the new trailer is classified.
i really hope it comes out next week rather than the week after.

I'm pretty sure this is the Deep Space armor that's going to be in the movie. Looks like just that toy that was shown a while back. I wonder why the eye-slits are closed off.

iron-man-deep-space-toy.jpeg
Because they would implode in space otherwise.

oh 1,000

Perhaps the DS armor is in a post credits scene?

Perhaps the DS armor is in a post credits scene?

that's my safe assumption.. seems odd they are showing it so much when the usually keep the post credits stuff secret though. (maybe they'll do another mid-credit/post credit thing again) Don't know where it would fit in besides the end credits, or maybe for some reason the beginning of the film as someone else mentioned.

Hulkbuster on the other hand I assume is just mentioned with a throwaway scene in his garage where someones like, "what's that huge, ugly thing?" and he responds saying like "oh just a back up plan." Or something snarky(starky?) like that:yay:

Does the slits even have holes?

I thought they were basically just lights and "cameras" for the HUD.

Since, the HUD takes up the whole faceplate inside the helmet for Tony.

He probably think Tony will be messing around in space a little at the very beginning of the film.

I'm sure we'll see it in Tony's Hall of Armors and it will get extra attention in the film before being used in the post-credits scene.

That suit design reminds me of Buzz Lightyear and Commander Shepard for some reason...

No, "nerfed" is exactly the phrase I wanted to use. To "nerf" a character is to take away all or most of their usual/known powers to make them basically a mundane. That's exactly what they did to Mandarin, as there is no evidence at all that he has any powers, even in his iconic Rings.

Its highly speculated that his rings may have some sort of extremis "mind" control if anything. Which is actually probable.

Too ME the hulk buster looks like trolls from Hobbit lol

Too ME the hulk buster looks like trolls from Hobbit lol

LOL! also, I just realized I still haven't finished watching Hobbit yet, made it like halfway through and fell asleep and totally forgot to continue til now.

Last edited:
If it's control over technology, then that would be completely different from what Loki did.

Yeah, I think it's more of a case of activating the Extremis virus inside Mandarin's "Extremis soldiers." And now I'm thinking that we already saw that in action in IM1 with Stane paralyzing Raza (wasn't Stane wearing a big-ass ring, too?).

Here's what's most important to me about the film: do you think Marvel Studios gave Shane Black the right amount of creative freedom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"