The Dark Knight The Joker A Reality?

Something similar could happen, but not in the exact same way as Heath's Joker. As said above, there was something supernatural about him. He knew exactly what he was doing every step of the way & showed no fear. I could only do what he did if it was to plot against criminals. Taking innocent lives is something I couldn't do, no matter how warped my mind were to become.

He would die rather quickly. Probably try holding up a small convenient store to get a taste of the criminal life but in the end fail.

not meaning to creep you guys out but do you realize just how easy it is to not only knock of a small store,but murder a few people as well? add that to a criminal genius's mind and will power, the joker can become more than jut pages of a comic,or frames of a movie

And to be truthful, there may even be people out there with a worse mind than the Joker.

well i mean im wearing a purple suit and make up right now but i have yet to flip my eighteen wheeler.

not meaning to creep you guys out but do you realize just how easy it is to not only knock of a small store,but murder a few people as well? add that to a criminal genius's mind and will power, the joker can become more than jut pages of a comic,or frames of a movie
It is easy, but not everyone can do it. Some people are just not made out to be criminals. Especially someone that is trying to be like the Joker. That is already showing that this person has something to prove

It is easy, but not everyone can do it. Some people are just not made out to be criminals. Especially someone that is trying to be like the Joker. That is already showing that this person has something to prove

Yeah exactly, but taking into consideration the right variables, a person may not try to be th Joke,but see the Joker as a symbol. The right symbol for them to get their point across. It really wouldnt be hard for someone to pull things like the jokers acts off. All it would take is two click of the mouse to learn how to make explosives, use a gun/knife, cover our tracks. We live in a world full of so much information on things like that, and anybody can have access to it in two minutes. For all we know someone is doing it right now

Joker's views on life are basically the ultimate nihilist. If somebody were to remove themselves so much from society that they felt no death was of consequence than it certainly could be possible. I, myself, am a nihilist and I saw all of his views on humanity and the world as true, yet I still am bound by the rules of the society I live in (by choice). I don't know if I'd call the Joker insane, but rather MORE sane. Like he says himself, he's just 'ahead of the curve.'

I didn't see him as insane either, he kind of helped Gotham in a way. He took out a lot of mobsters & some of his own men. Truthfully, he's trying to actually prove a point, that the supposed civilized people weren't so civil.

I didn't see him as insane either, he kind of helped Gotham in a way. He took out a lot of mobsters & some of his own men. Truthfully, he's trying to actually prove a point, that the supposed civilized people weren't so civil.
Exactly, he sees human morals as nothing more than a human construction. He sees past that and wants to expose it.

You just know some moron is out there thinking ''wow, I could be the Joker".
Not that he would succeed.

Think about the jackasses that pulled of 9/11. And that was for a deity.

If you get someone with the right mix of nihilism and intelligence, as well as the lack of a moral compass or perhaps the passionate believe in something as strong as the Islamic fanatics, you could have an anarcho-terrorist on your hands. If he happens to call himself the Joker and wear facepaint, you have yourself a Joker.

It's not that far-fetched.

Plenty of serial killers have terrorized their communities. Plenty of killers just terrorized the country as well. Plenty of terrorists. The last major attack by a terrorist group on American soil we are still feeling the repercussions for on a global scale. People always react irrationally to fear whether that is fleeing a city or invading a country that did not provoke a war.

Now whether someone could single handily take down an entire city ofver the course of a week and somehow manage to assassinate key politicians and officials on a daily basis and do things like blowing up hospitals with relative ease...probably not. But it only takes one of those acts to throw a society into the brink of chaos and there are more than enough deranged people out there to try it.

Very sad.

I sort of saw that as the point of the movie actually, The Joker really only needed a couple of breaks at the beginning, and Batman actually was the one to give it to him by capturing Lau. Once the mob realized they needed him and the Joker was able to scare the public, bringing chaos just got easier and easier.

All in all though, the Joker was a very lucky person. I mean there were several things which could have killed him were he had no control of the situation really....He could easily have gotten shot at the bank job by that account dude, the truck flipping could have done him in, blowing up the police station could go wrong pretty easily, and he had a 50% chance of getting shot by Dent. The chances of that in real life are pretty slim, in the movie though, the Joker seems to not like wasting his time unless there is some chance of death.

Ick forgot I was in the no spoilers thread. I spoiler wrapped everything just to be safe, even though most people have probably seen the movie by now.

P.S. The Joker is indeed the ultimate form of nihilism, anarchy, existentialist cynicism and absurdity, etc. But to me it shows how bloated, arrogant and asanine such a removed approach to life is. To be so misanthropic you make the world a worst place than it really may be and whatever flaws and how ****ed up our society is, living with no rules or any sense of ethics is not free or ahead of the curve, it is selfish ego-stroking baloney. I'm not saying you have to believe in your government or any form or think people are naturally good, but the views of characters like the Joker or Daniel Plainview I think are illustrated where that self-indulgent philosophy ends in its truest form. Which is why I liked (despite how unrealistic it is) that the people on the ferries did not blow each othher up. That is an example where I think the Joker's point would be more likely proven (as opposed to killing Mr. Reese which seemed a little less plausible for such a violent and immediate reaction). But just to see Joker's views of the world come crashing down is so satisfying I'm glad it was there.

I am a nihilist. I am not selfish or stroking my ego. I simply don't believe.

Sorry, I hadn't read your post. ;) Let's just say I find that view and form of philosophy self-inflicted and those I meet who argue it's value always come off as self-righteous and arrogant as those they denounce. I'm not saying you are like this, but people I have met in real life who perscribe to this way of thinking.

I think Joker personified the type of person I'm talking about a little bit. Wit hHarvey he is saying "I'm just a dog chasing cars" and bemoans how everyone is a schemer and has a plan for society and how uncivilized people really are. Yet, he himself is the ultimate schemer and since the first frame has orchestrated all of this so his pretense of being a purposeless agent of chaos is a lie as he has a purpose which is to make everyone think as he does and prove everyone is just like him. Which is what he is railing against to begin with.

yea it is possible someone could use joker as a symbol, and yea i do agree with some of his views on life like that when everything is going wrong people will lose there sense of morality maybe. but there is no way in this world there could be a "real" joker, he is just too supernatural, some of the things he does is ghost-like. the way he appears out of no where when he wants to, make a **** load of diesel drums wired to explode just appear on the ferries. and not forgetting the fact that the only way his plans work is because he is in a city as corrupt as gotham, he must of had so much help setting it all up from police to journalists. i know theres obviously some corrupt cities out there but no where near as corrupt as gotham

All I have to say is here is despite the fact that Joker is pretty much my hero, I despise his actions. I envy his freedom, but despise his actions. That's why I love the Dynamic between Bats and Joker. Joker is a man who does what he wants, when he wants. Batman is a man who is controlled by what he tells himself he wants. He wants to stop crime. He wants to retire. But he knows that he can't. Joker isn't afraid of taking a life. Batman isn't either, but he can't allow himself to.

So yes. Given the proper circumstances someone like Joker is a probability.

I am getting pretty bored with this "The Joker couldnt exist in reality" arguement. Its always the same. Clown Killer? Impossible! John Wayne Gacy did it. Oh...um...well...those scars! He couldnt hide! John Wayne Gacy had something more identifiable than scars...a previous conviction for child molestation. Thats when people pull out the "yeah, but John Wayne Gacy didnt screw with the mob and didnt attempt to kill the DA, so The Joker still could not exist!!". No one has ever killed in the name of candy bars either, but it could happen. Everything The Joker did has been done, more or less...Charles Manson ( and others) had goons and many people have assassinated political figures. It is possible for a person like The Joker to exist.

yea it is possible someone could use joker as a symbol, and yea i do agree with some of his views on life like that when everything is going wrong people will lose there sense of morality maybe. but there is no way in this world there could be a "real" joker, he is just too supernatural, some of the things he does is ghost-like. the way he appears out of no where when he wants to, make a **** load of diesel drums wired to explode just appear on the ferries. and not forgetting the fact that the only way his plans work is because he is in a city as corrupt as gotham, he must of had so much help setting it all up from police to journalists. i know theres obviously some corrupt cities out there but no where near as corrupt as gotham

sorry i had to bump this, but i just think there is no way someone could pull off the stuff joker did. its impossible. yea someone could dress up like him, cut there cheeks, wear make-up and blow up a few buildings and kill some people. but there is more to the joker than that, hes like a ghost popping up where and when he pleases.

I posted somthing like this a while ago,

The joker has a condition known as "Labile effect" look it up, and a "Chealsey Grin" or "Glasgow Smile"

wich is when people would cut they're victums faces unto a smile, then kick them in the groin or stomach so they're scream would rip into an even more painful, deadly cut.

Plus there is a drug known as "street valum" but it is really Haldol, which can make your face frozen into a smile.

video of the effects of haldol-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLbRdPrR7Xo

I don't think there's any way that could happen without all of the ancillary conditions being present. For one thing, you would need a bunch of distraught mob bosses willing to follow a guy in make-up and that, by itself, is enough to insure such a scenario would never become reality. Furthermore, you'd need a police force as morally vulnerable as Gotham's as well as a citizenry so concerned about their city, for better or worse, that they would be willing to, with any concerted significance, turn against the one thing that stood in the way of a Jokeresque figure taking control (be it Batman or Harvey Dent), and I just can't see the citizens of a city being that concerned, yet so easily swayed by a figure like the Joker. Apathy and the innate human drive to be self-centered preclude this. Nolan et al have done a terrific job of making a realistic version of the Batman story, but it's not so realistic that it could happen in real life, in my opinion.

i think that was the best response. the joker is not just insane, he's also extremely brilliant. he's not running on pure madness as most of real-life serial killers and mass murderers do. It's a unique mixture of insanity (or super sanity w/e), brilliance, and pure luck.

but if there was a batman IRL, he would had a joker. until we have an extreme vigilante, an extreme "villain" is not possible in the classic sense. instead he would need to be extremely rich to support his lifestyle and get himself out of trouble, and create such theatrical crimes. But this would be oxymoronic since the joker is as anti-money as batman is anti-gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"