Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

I would love Ledger's cruel scarring and crude make up.

Soooooooooooo

Permawhite? permagrin? Scar? Makeup? Any guesses?
I’d love for him to be permawhite.
I really wouldn’t mind him wearing makeup though.

Not sure how I’d feel about another cut smile

His expressions look terrific in the video
And photos. He look amazing.

I wonder how the action will play out. What kind of action scenes will this involve? Probably not many fight scenes and at most some heists and gunfights I predict

Flash, it's very clear to me that you have literally no interest in this movie, so why are you getting this worked up about it? For that matter, why are you still posting here?
Haha, hardly. And I'm still here because I'm a fan of comic book films. One person stating their disinterest in a film is little different to one person wanting makeup and mouth scars to another not. It's all a grand opinion. I doubt I'll be posting here much moving forward cause I've ultimately said my piece, but I'll likely keep up with progress, just in case there's a hint of more.

It's one thing to not be optimistic about a movie yet still be curious enough to follow its development, it's another when you declare the movie dead on arrival and try to present reasons why it won't work (a comic book movie doesn't always need to revolve around a cinematic universe, in fact that's the exception nowadays) to people who are willing to give it a chance even if cautiously so. You've stated your thoughts well enough by now, so I'd suggest you move on to other threads and discuss films you're actually looking forward to.
Well thanks for that, but I'm free to post where I see fit. o_O

I know we haven't seen much.. but I'm already liking the costumes in the movie designed by two time Oscar winning Costume designer.

Particularly when he looks like this:

Joaquin-Phoenix-en-Joker-les-premieres-photos-sont-terrifiantes.jpg

He's not even in character.
His natural look is perfect, just apply a bit of makeup (not much) to make his face white (like the Clown in the photo). No Scars (like Ledger's Joker, No need to have his eyebrows removed, or Tattoos or green hair)
jokquer2.jpg

Soooooooooooo

Permawhite? permagrin? Scar? Makeup? Any guesses?
It's probably time to move on from scarred faces of Nicholson and Ledger versions. Besides, Phoenix already has the right features. But if there are no scars, then there should be something that sort of completes the transition. So bleached skin and green hair seems to be the obvious choice.

Skip metal teeth and tats, though.

It appears this movie is definitely going for gritty and realistic, so I don’t see how permawhite and green hair is doable. No fast and traumatic accident causes either.

This post brought to you by 2007.

If they're going for gritty-gritty, then we don't have much choice but pure make-up.

I get chills just imagining his performance when he finally embraces his madness as the Joker. Loved his scenes in Gladiator when Commodus has moments of becoming unhinged.

It appears this movie is definitely going for gritty and realistic, so I don’t see how permawhite and green hair is doable. No fast and traumatic accident causes either.

This post brought to you by 2007.

I hear a "chemical accident" could definitely be in the cards. Don't rule it out.

Here's a photo manip I did. The red lips didn't really turn out well, but you get the idea

1939eedc-4182-40cb-ad49-a359efdc634e_zpsnkqkhu2u.jpg

Does smeared coke count as a chemical accident?

Jeez he's not even Joker yet and he looks scary lol

Yeah, looks creepy. Gaunt appearance adds to the effect too. And I absolutely can't wait to see what that two time Oscar-winning costume designer cooked up for The Joker look.

I wonder if we will get a sense of how old Bruce Wayne is in this?

If the rumors are true,
and Joker is Thomas Wayne's bastard son, I would imagine they would be somewhat close in age? Assuming Joaquin is playing Joker in his 40s close to his age, I can't imagine Bruce would only be 5 or 6 in this.

Yeah I have to give him props. The facial expressions and general look of Fleck are creepy. He looks half way to crazy already.

He truly looks terrifying in the best way. if he looks this scary now, can you imagine how he'll look in makeup? Phoenix is nailing the mannerisms down perfectly.

The entire amusement mile area looks like its gonna be very unsettling

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"