Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Why not an overweight Joker? Good ole Jack wasn’t exactly a pencil when he played the role.

Ummm...can we get these translated or at least summarized. Some of us dont speak French :D

Copy paste from reddit with translations of some of these tweets.
Mathilde Fontaine:
I just saw Joker, and at the risk of surprising you: it's simply masterful.

Eric Maillard:
I do not know if we can be ready for a movie like Joker. It's brilliant, powerful and fragile at the same time, Joaquin Phoenix is really shattering, very human in horror, the rest of the cast is perfect, the BO does a crazy job. Magisterial, the slap.

RATTO KINGU:
Honestly, awesome, finally a real movie that does not take you for a con and surprises you and ****, the acting, actor Joaquin Phoenix [is] incredible. I say no more but great movie I invite you to see it.

Grindcave Cinema:
Jokerlefilm is no joke. Wow.

Eric Sivan:
A fusional actor with his character. A staged mastery worthy of the greatest for a mirror film of our society. I leave KO and dazzled.

François Taing:
The sublime soundtrack and the huge Joaquin Phoenix make #JokerLeFilm a masterpiece. One of the best movies of 2019. Amazing.

Fred Van Long:
Joker it was a thing of phew Belle big slap! Joaquin Phoenix Oscar for Best Actor

Salvat Jean-Baptiste:
Wouaou Jokerlefilm lives up to the praise we hear! Great movie, and what acting game !!

MarcAntoine Bibiloni
GREAT GREAT film.

InThePanda
Seen #joker: Pfiou. Exhausting Crazy. Shiny Demencia of Dangerous Inhabited in Nécéssaire. Powerful I only have adjectives and I have a little trouble ex frases. An elogy is sure: it is an incredible film.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I’m positive no matter how violent this is, it’s nowhere near as violent as the latest Rambo turned out to be (also, it sucked balls).

They all mention that the film is a hit, raises the hairs on your arms, the direction is great and that Phoenix is almost symbiotic (fusionnel) as the Joker.

One in particular says the portrayal renders all other Jokers obsolete.

I wouldn't say it renders the performances obsolete so much as this movie is it's own unique thing.

Never before has an entire movie centered around the character. In a way, it's easier to let the character breathe a bit and not have to try to get your different bits in as limited a time frame.

A lot of other factors came together to enhance this portrayal no doubt.

All the French reviews I've read were positive.

Yes, it seem pretty anonymous here in France, so far. So exciting :wowe:

I don't get it. TDKR didn't inspire the Aurora shooter, he picked a movie he knew would popular to get as many targets as possible. Joker, like Taxi Driver, Fight Club, American Psycho, and A Clockwork Orange before it weren't banned because people were afraid they'd incite violence--well A Clockwork Orange was in some countries. Also, the over use of the word anti-hero to describe the Joker is baffling.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think that Aurora mass shooter had even seen TDK movie. What's the connection ?

"I don’t need to see a picture of [Holmes]; I just need to see a Joker promo and I see a picture of the killer,"

So we're just gonna completely take responsibility away from the actual shooter and dump it on a fictional character instead. Okay.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think that Aurora shooter had even seen TDK movie. What's the connection ?

He hadn't. The victims' families are just shedding light on the darker elements of a movie that also happens to be being released by the same studio that released the movie their loved ones died at. I understand the trauma and pain they must feel, but again, telling studios they shouldn't make art because it'll offend people based on its content is ridiculous.

Remind me, how up in arms were these same people over the recent John Wick film?

Valiant Comics Editor Heather Antos Falsely Claims James Holmes Was Inspired by Joker

Meyer: The James Holmes “Joker” rumor – The Denver Post outs the fallacy and myth surrounding the Aurora, Colorado shooter, James Holmes. Writer Jeremy P. Meyer explains the myth started with a quote from NYPD Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, who stated Holmes had called himself the Joker. This would be repeated by a number of news outlets including ABC News and The Washington Post. The New York Times also reported “witnesses told the police that Mr. Holmes said something to the effect of ‘I am the Joker,’ according to a federal law enforcement official.”

However, the 18th Judicial District attorney George Brauchler, the man who prosecuted James Holmes definitively states, “It is not true.”

Brauchler would elaborate, “It is ridiculous. Completely unfounded. Some of this stuff. …It gets repeated by so many sources by people doing their research that it just becomes real.”

In fact Brauchler notes that The Dark Knight Rises just happened to be the film screening in the theater. He says, ‘If if had been ‘The Avengers,’ he would have been there. If it were ‘Jurassic World’, he would have been there. It had nothing to do that we can find with Batman.”

Meyer reports, “Investigators heard no witness talking about the Joker, he said. And no police officer claimed Holmes called himself the Joker.”

As for Holmes’ red hair he told a psychiatrist “red suggests bravery.” In fact, Holmes told a court-appointed psychiatrist, “They kind of turned me into a super villain. At least I’m remembered for doing something.”

Meyer reports, “Holmes later told a court-appointed psychiatrist he was surprised inmates were calling him the Joker.”

The Joker also has green hair and he’s had green hair since his first appearance in Batman #1 back in 1940.

so people are just gonna come up with fake stuff to derail this film? That's sad

Tale as old as time. People blaming others' violent acts because of media rather than mental issues that were probably already present in said others except dormant.

What's worrying is the standard of journalism these news outlets have, before publishing any story, do they fact-check their claims ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"