Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

The same people who probably can't believe that the most outrageous thing to come out of Joker was people dancing on stairs instead of causing mass violence.

They're still bitter over Joker not inspiring any mass shootings they could blame it for.

They never learn do they?

CNN time to write opinion pieces on how Joker's nomination is gonna cause mass shooting at the Oscars, and the show organizers will secretly love it for these type of publicity and boost ratings to repeat a "Joker"

I suppose we need to build the narrative that Golden Globe and Oscars featuring the Joker will cause haters to outrage so much therefore the ceremonies need to be guarded by police and SWAT teams.

But seriously all this second round outrage "Joker sucks it snubbed female movies and directors" is just gonna boost ratings, people loving or hating the film will both watch, I've never seen segment of people repeating the same back-fire outrage, twice in 3-4 months.

It's funny that on film Twitter they hate this movie and think it's "harmful" :(

AACTA International Awards Nominations Led By The Irishman – Full List – Deadline

The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts has unveiled nominees for its 9th AACTA International Awards with Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman leading at six mentions. Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood landed five nods while Todd Philipps’ Joker and Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite have four each. Those titles will compete for the International AACTA Award for Best Film alongside David Michod’s The King which recently won four prizes at the main AACTA ceremony in Oz. The AACTA International Awards will be handed out on January 3 in Los Angeles.

AACTA International Award for Best Film
The Irishman
Joker
The King
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Parasite

AACTA International Award for Best Direction
1917 – Sam Mendes
The Irishman – Martin Scorsese
Joker – Todd Phillips
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Quentin Tarantino
Parasite – Bong Joon-ho

AACTA International Award for Best Screenplay
The Irishman – Steven Zaillian
Jojo Rabbit – Taika Waititi
Joker – Todd Phillips, Scott Silver
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Quentin Tarantino
Paraisite – Bong Joon-ho, Jin Won Han

AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actor
Christian Bale – Ford V Ferrari
Antonio Banderas – Pain And Glory
Robert De Niro – The Irishman
Adam Driver – Marriage Story
Joaquin Phoenix – Joker

If they ever wanted to do another R rated villain origin, two face has potential for a great story. Sort of set up like the joker where it’s a slow build. A battle in his mind. Show how he was once capable of love and how once his face was burnt he gives into two face.

"How about another joke, Murray? What do you get when you cross a Joker film with a Film Twitter society that tries to bury it and treats it like trash? I'll tell you what you get. You get what you f****** deserve!"

And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to....Joker!

Last edited:
All good, but honestly I'd pick Joaquin.
My favourite performance this year, De Niro in Irishman, wasn't even nominated lmao. From that list I'd pick Joaquin too though, but I'd be fine with Driver taking it too.

Joker is arguably Phoenix's greatest work. He should win comfortably, that is if SAG members don't have bias or second thoughts. Still haven't seen the rest of the field, though.

Batman and Joker nominated at the same time, but Murray Franklin snubbed.

Looks like Best Picture is between OUATIH, Parasite, and The Irishman.

I think Phoenix sweeps the televised awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"