Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

I watched all the behind the scenes stuff today. Joaquin is fascinating, as was the filmmaking process between him and Phillips.
Wait...how did you watch it?

Is the movie out on blu ray?

Wait...how did you watch it?

Is the movie out on blu ray?

VUDU, baby. Out via digital - at least on VUDU.

Already got it in 4K. Watched just a minute of the movie itself to test, but it of course looks stunning in 4K.

2019 Society of Camera Operators nominations

https://soc.org/

Camera Operator of the Year – Film Nominees:
Sam Ellison – A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Craig Haagensen, SOC – Motherless Brooklyn
Geoff Haley, SOC – Joker
David Luckenbach, SOC – Ford vs Ferrari
Dale Myrand, SOC – Knives Out

YEP

It was about $32 on VUDU.
Free shipping with the physical copy arriving from Walmart on January 10th
Thank you so much for the heads up. I had no idea VUDU did that. I'll look into that with future purchases.

Anyways, I bought it, and I'll watch later tonight. :word:

Joker won Best Picture from the Phoenix Film Critics Society, but obviously they have a bias since the damn society is named after Joaquin Phoenix. Joking, obviously.
b-but I thought WE live in this society

Just...awesome. Awesome for Todd Phillips. The guy made The Hangover, War Dogs, both very good films, and while yes, it's very possible for a director to surprise you with something, I can say that I had no idea that in the span of a few years he'd give us a character-study picture like Joker, a film that many underestimated or rooted against, but against all odds, not only went on to gross a billion, but received insane critical and award acclaim as well.

Basically that's my run-on sentence way of saying well done to Mr. Phillips. Also, that's just a great picture.

I haven't picked up a digital copy of the movie yet but has anyone seen anything in this presumably finalized version of the script not in the movie or vice versa?

It would be interesting to compare the two and hear some more on this.

‘The Irishman’ Wins Best Picture At Capri, Hollywood Festival – Deadline

Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman won Best Picture on Thursday at the 24th annual Capri, Hollywood – The International Film Festival in Italy. The Netflix mob epic scored six overall wins at the just-ended festival, tied for the most with Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Tarantino won Best Director at the fest, which also awarded Joaquin Phoenix (Joker) Best Actor, Renee Zellweger (Judy) Best Actress, Joe Pesci (The Irishman) Supporting Actor and Laura Dern (Marriage Story) Supporting Actress.

Artios Awards: 'Hustlers,' 'Knives Out,' 'Rocketman' Among Casting Society Film Nominees

Big Budget - Drama

1917 - Nina Gold
The Irishman - Ellen Lewis, Kate Sprance (Associate)
Joker - Shayna Markowitz
Little Women - Francine Maisler, Kathy Driscoll-Mohler, Douglas Aibel (Location Casting), Carolyn Pickman (Location Casting)
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Victoria Thomas

Last edited:
Todd Phillips Wants to See a Batman Movie From His ‘Joker’ World

Even though there aren’t any solid plans to make a “Joker” sequel, director Todd Phillipswould like to see a Batman movie from “Joker’s” Gotham City.

“It’s a beautiful Gotham. What I would like to see someone tackle is what Batman looks like from that Gotham,” Phillips told Variety’s Marc Malkin at the Palm Springs International Film Festival, where he was being awarded with Variety’s Creative Impact in Directing Award.

However, Phillips was quick to say that he wouldn’t be the one to make that movie.

“I’m not saying I’m going to do that. What was interesting to me about the inclusion of Batman in our movie was, ‘What kind of Batman does that Gotham make?’ That’s all I meant by that,” he said.

Yeah, it’s kind of funny how he made a complete 180 on how one off and separate this was.

The real question, what does Joaquin think of all this considering he didn’t even want any mention of Wayne in the movie originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"