The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will likely love the film. Everything I've seen so far has been to my liking, so I highly doubt the movie will suck for me. Can't say the same for others though. Just trying not to let all this news affect my hype for it, which is really REALLY hard. :csad:

Hey man, I've wanted to ask you something. How come you've given WW a higher score than BvS and yet not have it in your top 5 comic book movies :oldrazz:

Movie critics' reviews shouldn't be personal towards film makers I swear to god these critics have something personal towards Snyder did he kill their dog or something or did he steal their girlfriend? Critics clearly having a bias is why I don't take their reviews to heart (they all work for the highest bidder)

Yes this is my issue. But other posters here like to make fun of this so-called "Snyder bias" by saying they're just assessing his movies. They are clearly not, when they use their reviews as vehicles to literally insult and make fun of the man. That should not be the way you review films, regardless of your personal distaste for the man.

I have been lurking these boards since 2011 and was only recently able to create an account cause of IPs being blocked from India. So I assumed there wouldn't be other Indians because of that.

I faced the same issue in 2015 for a while and even contacted the admins several times, but to no avail. Luckily, the issue got resolved somehow. I guess it is due to several spammers from India spamming the crap out of every website in existence. No wonder some websites don't even allow us to register.

Quick question have you guys all prepared yourselfs incase this movie sucks I have been cautiously optimistic but prepared for the worst

Result is not an issue for me, I'll move on very quickly, it's the toxic editorials on the internet that get me everytime. Those ****ers won't let it go for another decade!

:highfive: You too man.

:highfive:

Last edited:
Hey man, I've wanted to ask you something. How come you've given WW a higher score than BvS and yet not have it in your top 5 comic book movies :oldrazz:

Because objectively, I think WW was a better-made film than BvS, but personally, I love BvS.

Well, I will likely love the film. Everything I've seen so far has been to my liking, so I highly doubt the movie will suck for me. Can't say the same for others though. Just trying not to let all this news affect my hype for it, which is really REALLY hard. :csad:

I don't know what news you're talking about it's probably the affleck hollywood drama yeah I didn't care to get into it because I don't need that kind of energy right now but I know that it's bad. Anyway glad that you're excited but be careful high expectations often lead to disappointment just warning you. Hope it's good.

I feel that movie will be entertaining, but some reviewers might have an issue with how Snyder uses CGI in third act. His aesthetics ruffle feathers of many reviewers. :oldrazz:

I faced the same issue in 2015 for a while and even contacted the admins several times, but to no avail. Luckily, the issue got resolved somehow. I guess it is due to several spammers from India spamming the crap out of every website in existence. No wonder some websites don't even allow us to register.

Send bobs.

I don't know what news you're talking about it's probably the affleck hollywood drama yeah I didn't care to get into it because I don't need that kind of energy right now but I know that it's bad. Anyway glad that you're excited but be careful high expectations often lead to disappointment just warning you. Hope it's good.

Yeah all this BTS drama.

I feel that movie will be entertaining, but some reviewers might have an issue with how Snyder uses CGI in third act. His aesthetics ruffle feathers of many reviewers. :oldrazz:

There's no way this movie won't entertain people, but yeah, the third act will be where the complaints lie. However, WW also had a weak third act, but didn't detract from the overall viewing experience for a lot of them. So we can only hope that the same will apply to JL.

Result is not an issue for me, I'll move on very quickly, it's the toxic editorials on the internet that get me everytime. Those ****ers won't let it go for another decade!

Moving on very quickly is what I need to work on in life. I still can't get over bvs (ironic I now since it's my username, but I created it before the movie came out) don't get the wrong idea I like it now and I appreciate it a lot the more I watch it but it didn't reach my expectations and to think of it, it couldn't with all the things that it was setting up but after that and age of ultron I now know to contain my excitement and expectations

There's no way this movie won't entertain people, but yeah, the third act will be where the complaints lie. However, WW also had a weak third act, but didn't detract from the overall viewing experience for a lot of them. So we can only hope that the same will apply to JL.

Gal's presence and Ares' mustache distracted them. :o

Send bobs.

LOL

WW had one of the worst third acts in CB films IMO. It almost ruined the film for me! Yet the first two acts made the film a huge success! Let's see how it goes for JL.

Moving on very quickly is what I need to work on in life. I still can't get over bvs (ironic I now since it's my username, but I created it before the movie came out) don't get the wrong idea I like it now and I appreciate it a lot the more I watch it but it didn't reach my expectations and to think of it, it couldn't with all the things that it was setting up but after that and age of ultron I now know to contain my excitement and expectations

I know that feeling. I was obsessed with Batman v Superman like, it became my daily routine checking for latest scoops, discussing and speculating about almost everything related to it everyday continuously for 3 years! When I saw the film, I was very dissatisfied. Needless to say, beyond frustrated due to my emotional investment especially after all those internet articles post release.

Luckily, I loved the Ultimate Cut to the core and it put me out of my misery. It in fact made me a huge fan of Snyder. :p I hope JL does the same for you. I am not as obsessed with JL though, I think it will be a lot easier for me this time in case it goes down the same path as BVS did.

I suppose they could replace Affleck with Irons forthe press tours, since he is literally the seventh member of the league =P

My moment was with Man of Steel. As a huge Superman fan, I was anticipating it for a very long time and riding off the high of the Nolan trilogy I thought DC could do nothing wrong especially with Nolan producing and Snyder, who at the time I was a fan of cause of 300 and Watchmen, directing. The trailers were real works of art and I got very emotionally invested in the whole thing. Watching the movie I felt so low since it was nothing like what I was expecting and frankly, I never recovered from that ordeal. Now I'm not a fan of the DCEU (loved WW tho) even though I watch all the movies opening weekend and I'm not affected by their quality cause I have no expectations.

My moment was with Man of Steel. As a huge Superman fan, I was anticipating it for a very long time and riding off the high of the Nolan trilogy I thought DC could do nothing wrong especially with Nolan producing and Snyder, who at the time I was a fan of cause of 300 and Watchmen, directing. The trailers were real works of art and I got very emotionally invested in the whole thing. Watching the movie I felt so low since it was nothing like what I was expecting and frankly, I never recovered from that ordeal. Now I'm not a fan of the DCEU (loved WW tho) even though I watch all the movies opening weekend and I'm not affected by their quality cause I have no expectations.

Same here albeit with a different ending: Almost wanted the film to end after the second act began, very dissatisfied with the film overall, when gave it another go on Blu-Ray I happened to love it.

Man of Steel was the most hyped for a movie I've ever been. Trailer 3 was a work of art, and made it look like it was going to be the greatest Superman movie, and one of the best CBMs ever.

Remember to try and separate the artist from the art, if you can.

Still excited about JL.

Gal, Ezra, Ray, Momoa, Henry. They should not pay for sins. All in you bastahs.

Good to see you back, BN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"