Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll pretend I never saw this.

https://twitter.com/justiceleaguewb/status/972175531461378053

Wow...what an embarassment.

Affleck never signed up for this. This is not what Snyder or Affleck wanted.

DX3fflJWkAAC3KP.jpg

DX3eLI9UQAAe-3e.jpg

Last edited:
Holy ****ing ****... I clicked the link and what have my eyes just witnessed...

DX3flpMWAAES-32.jpg:orig

The S is purple. He was bizarro all along guys.

DX3e2Q2W0AATFvx.jpg:orig

Damn the JL account deleted it after backlash and then reuploaded it. They really turned JL into a parody.

mjl.gif

Have they learned nothing from Batman and Robin? Are we destined to repeat this cycle forevermore?

Have they learned nothing from Batman and Robin? Are we destined to repeat this cycle forevermore?

From this to....that.

Its different when fans do this kinda stuff, but the official account? I mean they realise how embarassing this is right? They have officially reached "**** the fandom" stage :funny:

i think this is what is expected with WB.

it's always up and down cycle for them.
it happened with superman in the 80s.
then it happened with batman in the 90s.

WB always goes the highest then the lowest in quality with their DC movies.
the only thing consistent about them is how inconsistent they are.

*sees WB put out a quick throwaway social media promo harkening back to the Super Friends cartoon*

“Well that’s kind of cool.”

*sees people here getting worked up over it*

“Well that’s exactly what I expected.”

*sees WB put out a quick throwaway social media promo harkening back to the Super Friends cartoon*

haha yea. it's not really a big deal, imo.
they trying to throw it back to that superfriends stuff.
and lot of people are nostalgic for that kind of thing.
probably their first memory of the justice league.
nothing wrong with that.

It sucks to be a DC fan right now, but I always remember how bad it was after B&R, and how we reached a peak in the period after.

It's inevitable things will turn back around and return to the glory days. For Bats at least.

Supes is destined to be in limbo. :o

haha yea. it's not really a big deal, imo.
they trying to throw it back to that superfriends stuff.
and lot of people are nostalgic for that kind of thing.
probably their first memory of the justice league.
nothing wrong with that.

Its not a big deal, no. But its very cringy. Imagine back during the TDKT days, if the WB account posted a video like this with Bale's Batman with the 66 theme. Its fun when fans do this kinda stuff...not official accounts, its very try hard-ish. Particularly considering the stuff they chose for this video. No one's angry about this, I just see people mocking it everywhere, and I cant help but join in :funny:

Let same people handle MCU movies promotion for a week using same methods, then we will talk.

I wouldn't have anything against that promo had they not screwed the movie up so badly.

Sure, Superman not immediately trying to clear his name publicly might be him giving the public space to come to its own conclusions (I disagree, though, that he supports Lois’s investigation.)

He expresses concern about Lois's safety going after such a risky investigation, but he doesn't try to stop her or tell her that she's wrong for pursuing it.

But Finch’s statement suggests that in the two years in which Superman has been operating, he hasn’t given any indication of what he actually stands for. That suggests that for two years, Superman has been rescuing people (and animals) from physical danger, but he hasn’t done any of the sorts of things below.

I think you're assuming a lot, since what Finch actually says is placed within the context of the events that unfolded in Africa:

How do we determine what's good? In a democracy, good is a conversation not a unilateral decision. So, I urge Superman, to come to this hearth of the people tomorrow. To see those who have suffered. The world needs to know what happened in that desert. And to know what he stands for. How far will he take his power. Does he act by our will, or by his own.

Finch's concern is about an international incident that had political ramifications and fatal consequences (people died in Nairomi). It's entirely possible that Superman had demonstrated or expressed what he stood for before, but that this incident made people question what they knew or understood about Superman because it was a different type of incident with different results.

Forgive me for the long list of pictures, but I felt it best to show something of what I mean. Superman typically does so much more than just rescue people from physical danger. He stops ordinary crime and combats corruption. He intervenes in individual people’s lives to give them personal hope. He engages with the public and enlists the help of ordinary people to be “a force for good.”

Superman could have done all of the things you suggested but, because they went smoothly (no one died, no one questioned it), people weren't as significantly concerned or motivated to push back. Finch's words also don't make it explicit that Superman hasn't done anything to intervene or inspire ordinary individuals. In fact, if Superman had done some of the more personal or intimate things, why would you expect Finch to know? Finally, a closer look at Wallace Keefe's bulletin board of Superman activities suggests that Superman has gotten involved in stopping ordinary crime as well as missile strikes. Another shot provides a closer look, informing us that Superman "Uses Diplomacy" and that, on another occasion, he "halted" a "supergerm" that could "end humanity" from being released:

5250409-tumblr_inline_o7r0163m111qladw3_500.png

Also, although it may be a generalization, we do hear from Bruce that news does get out to the public about smaller saves. Bruce says, "every time your hero saves a cat out of a tree" the Daily Planet writes "a puff piece editorial." Finch's words are not the be all, end all of what Superman has done in this universe.

Last edited:
Even with that VCR resolution you can clearly see the moustache removal...

The fact that WB has been trying so damn hard to nostalgia-fap people into loving this movie is frustrating to witness. If not for that, I'd be into this promo.

This was almost as bad as those GotG2 promos where the characters were dancing. I mean, like a very distant second, but still.

Ok now they can soft reboot everything but WW and focus on solos.

I am very very curious to see the Blu ray and DVD sales figures in a few weeks. Despite BvS' horrible reception the movie did very very well on home video. Im curious to see what happens with this.

I predict the lowest home video sales of any DCEU movie

Or will it? The odd thing with this movie is general audiences liked,it considerably better than the prior two (well the people who saw it). So i wonder if more GA will be inclined to pick it up as opposed to us so called "Snyderites" who probably propped up the sales from BvS and MoS. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"