Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

I think if you tweet a few things his five movie plan could've worked. When I saw tweet I mean not killing off Batman. I think the JL movie that he shot was probably the best compromise to everything where it is a still a story driven movie but not as dark and more hopeful. Kind of like Man of Steel. By most accounts that movie closes out his Superman story but leaves everything open for future directors.

yep, the theatrical cut of JL swung too hard one way making it very forgettable and such a throw-away movie.
the one snyder shot and edited would've been the best compromise.

his original ideas though sound very good for a finite story though - sounds similar to final crisis where batman dies by darkseid's hands.
(as many people here and social media have brought up - snyder's original JL story should probably be adapted into a graphic novel, which would be a good home for it)

but wb wanted to have a continuing franchise.
this is a common case of creative differences.

so @Arya is right in saying that snyder's 5 arc movie plan probably would've squashed any future WW, aquaman, etc movies.

D2akU-xX0AEWVo6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"