Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Why does it just have to be one way though? Why can't DC produce both great standalone and group films? They are just being lazy and, like usual, only thinking about the short term benefits.

They can but at the same time when you have a shared universe, artistic compromises HAVE to be made to accomodate the big picture. The MCU is great for the most part but their films have a uniform feel because each director needs to comply with the building blocks put in place. If director X wants to tell a really crazy, bold Antman story, director X cant because Antman’s playing a vital role in a future team up movie.

So I would rather DC remain a place where directors like Snyder or Wan or Jenkins or Reeves can come in and let their own unique visions be the driving force instead of having to comply with mandates. And hey if one vision doesnt work, no harm no foul because it wont spoil the whole broth.

Their comments wouldn't be so bad if they weren't holding Superman hostage

Instead of just rebooting and starting fresh they want him to do to pointless cameos :whatever:

Most of the big characters have their own City, Metropolis, Central City, Gotham City, Coast City, with at least 2-3 of their own supervillains, is it that much of an issue of cross connection?

The only issue I see is if there's more of a world ending conflict that would call for additional superhero help?

Read between the lines a bit and...

They're not focusing on a universe right now. Sounds like they left the door open for the future.

Which we already knew.

Superman showing up in other heroes' films, if it happens, isn't likely to be about muscle, but emotional support/mentorship.

D0wMDSDW0AEXNaB.jpg

Honestly, a part of me is still hoping that within the next year or so that Warner Bros is able to find someone who is capable and willing to salvage the Justice League franchise and put another film out there with the remaining cast members (along with any newcomers taking on previously established roles).

If Warner Bros and DC actually manages to play their cards right and with some added luck, they could conceivably build up to another Justice League for a 2023 release, especially if Ezra's solo Flash film and Matt Reeves's Batman film both ends up being big hits in 2021.

You add Wonder Woman's upcoming sequel in 2020 and Aquaman's sequel in 2022 then you could easily build legitimate anticipation going into another Justice League movie.

The only real issue here is trying to find a way to re-introduce a new Superman before then. Worst case scenario, you could use the new JL film to reintroduce him then since I doubt Warner Bros can get a Supergirl film off the ground and ready for release before 2023.

I really don't want 2017's failed Justice League film to be the LAST time that we see most of those heroes share the same screen again, especially since Gal's Wonder Woman and Jason's Aquaman have proven to be big hits. It would be a BIGGER shame/travesty, which considering the DCEU's history really shows on how bad it would be, if we have to wait for Jason, Gal, and Ezra to retire from their roles before Warner Bros starts a fresh new clean slate in order to make another Justice League film.

I'm actually curious on why anyone who interviews the folks representing the DCEU don't actually bring up these hard questions.

Honestly, a part of me is still hoping that within the next year or so that Warner Bros is able to find someone who is capable and willing to salvage the Justice League franchise and put another film out there with the remaining cast members (along with any newcomers taking on previously established roles).

If Warner Bros and DC actually manages to play their cards right and with some added luck, they could conceivably build up to another Justice League for a 2023 release, especially if Ezra's solo Flash film and Matt Reeves's Batman film both ends up being big hits in 2021.

You add Wonder Woman's upcoming sequel in 2020 and Aquaman's sequel in 2022 then you could easily build legitimate anticipation going into another Justice League movie.

The only real issue here is trying to find a way to re-introduce a new Superman before then. Worst case scenario, you could use the new JL film to reintroduce him then since I doubt Warner Bros can get a Supergirl film off the ground and ready for release before 2023.

I really don't want 2017's failed Justice League film to be the LAST time that we see most of those heroes share the same screen again, especially since Gal's Wonder Woman and Jason's Aquaman have proven to be big hits. It would be a BIGGER shame/travesty, which considering the DCEU's history really shows on how bad it would be, if we have to wait for Jason, Gal, and Ezra to retire from their roles before Warner Bros starts a fresh new clean slate in order to make another Justice League film.

I'm actually curious on why anyone who interviews the folks representing the DCEU don't actually bring up these hard questions.
Yeah, looks like by the time they get to make another Superman movie, the shared universe (with Gal, Momoa, Margot, Ezra) would be over. Back to stand alone solo Superman movies.

I’m just curious to hear what Zack’s gotta say about JL when he is inevitably asked about it at the directors cut event in a couple weeks. Im assuming hes prepping himself for it.

I’m just curious to hear what Zack’s gotta say about JL when he is inevitably asked about it at the directors cut event in a couple weeks. Im assuming hes prepping himself for it.

lol it's like the first question on EVERYONE'S mind.

i wonder how forthcoming he will be.
or if even is allowed to be.
i can imagine WB made him sign some kind of NDA when he was taken off the project.

I would expect that he will give more vague answers, talking more about how you try to be creative, but also work within a team concept, stuff like that. But we'll see.

Isn't the first film Day of the Dead? I think someone would ask during the first day.

Their comments wouldn't be so bad if they weren't holding Superman hostage

Instead of just rebooting and starting fresh they want him to do to pointless cameos :whatever:

Well Superman doesn't really need another film much like how The Incredible Hulk didn't need one after 2008...Superman more or less is like The Hulk of the DC universe in the sense that now Superman is more an ensemble character than he is a solo film character. Like how many solo films do you have to do with him anyway? Superman showing up in a cameo appearance...Like what is the harm in that especially now at this point? Or him showing up in ensemble films? Really what is so wrong with that? It worked out well for Ruffalo's Banner in the MCU so why can't it work for Superman?

Superman is not like Hulk, none of the Hulk movies did well at B.O. Man of Steel did well at B.O. And, there are enough animated movies and TV series made around Superman (six so far)

I cannot believe we’re coming up on THREE years since BvS. Mindblowing to me. Three years. Which was the amount of time we had to wait for the movie after it was announced in summer 2013. Where does the time go?

Superman is the only one of the DC characters who doesn't need another film especially if it is being held hostage by the studio. Best to move on and focus on other characters who have franchises already or have more potential to have franchises and then you rebuild the Justice League.

Batman (Iron Man)
Nightwing (War Machine)
Superman (Cap)
Supergirl (Winter Soldier)
Wonder Woman
Aquaman (Thor)
Shazam (Spidey)
Green Arrow (Hawkeye)
Black Canary (Black Widow)
Flash (???)
Atom or Blue Beetle (Ant Man)
Green Lantern (Captain Marvel)
John Stewart (Falcon)
Doctor Fate (Dr Strange)
Zatanna (Scarlet Witch)
Martian Manhunter (Vision)

Now as far as the DCEU GOTG lite I don't even know who that could be

But either way the JL is set and or your DCEU could be set if you set it up this way

So Snyder and Terrio wrote JL before BvS was released.

WB then made them rewrite the film.

WB then let Snyder shoot that "corrected" version.

WB then fired Snyder, shooting the approved "corrected" version, and hired Whedon to rewrite and reshoot quite a big portion of the film...

WTF, WB? :funny:

Well, if you notice, people complained and complained and complained about key elements that were likely rewritten. Namely the bleak future, time travel, Lois-is-the-key stuff. Everybody got real confused and angry. So that probably went bye bye after the reception to BVS.

Don't forget the Test audiences didn't respond favorably to Snyder's "corrected Justice League" (which was after they combined JL1 and JL2 and made it even lighter), based on the reactions of Test audience (who were supposedly randomly chosen but were fans of MCU-style comic book movies),WB went into panic mode.

Last edited:
To me it's funny and infuriating that WB basically wanted to please those people who hadn't been fans of their films.

What they were expecting to hear from people who adore MCU style films? :funny:

I'm glad for TDK, MoS and BvS, like, they are the best there are... but WB should sell DC to someone else. :D

WB expected not to waste $250M+ on movies that don’t bring in the type of return on investment.

I won’t deny that MOS and BvS doesn’t have fans, but to put in the same category as TDK which did better financially and had a much better reaction is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"