Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB is entitled to make whatever film they want. It's just like, don't hire someone to make something so tonally different then try to fix it with reshoots and editing. Make the fun, family film from the beginning.

You're no longer playing in the sandbox with the toys you have. You're trying to build a damn snowman in it instead.

yea i say should've let snyder finish his product.

if you wanted whedon, should've let whedon direct JL from the beginning instead - then it probably would've turned out good.

either way.

I feel that WB knew it wasn't gonna be a huge hit and did the absolute bare minimum they could get away with on the marketing.
I figured it waa in trouble once the runtime was announced.
How are was supposed to have faith in them when they don't even have faith in themselves on these projects.

WB is entitled to make whatever film they want. It's just like, don't hire someone to make something so tonally different then try to fix it with reshoots and editing. Make the fun, family film from the beginning.

You're no longer playing in the sandbox with the toys you have. You're trying to build a damn snowman in it instead.

EXACTLY. They gave Zack tons and tons of money and Zack shot the whole damn movie only for them to delete millions upon millions of dollars of footage and spending even more to replace it. I mean...what?! What, were they scared to just fire him?

DbEZSkpUwAI4_h0.jpg

yea i say should've let snyder finish his product.

if you wanted whedon, should've let whedon direct JL from the beginning instead - then it probably would've turned out good.

either way.

EXACTLY. They gave Zack tons and tons of money and Zack shot the whole damn movie only for them to delete millions upon millions of dollars of footage and spending even more to replace it. I mean...what?! What, were they scared to just fire him?
They were really in a bad spot.

After the critical slamming and underwhelming gross of BvS, they were set to film JL a month after the release of BvS. I'm sure sets were made, scripts were in and actors and crews were ready to shoot.

And firing Zack, would already put additional bad PR on trying to create excitement for JL.

They were really in a bad spot.

After the critical slamming and underwhelming gross of BvS, they were set to film JL a month after the release of BvS. I'm sure sets were made, scripts were in and actors and crews were ready to shoot.

And firing Zack, would already put additional bad PR on trying to create excitement for JL.
No they coyld've held off. After SvB they brought in Johns and did a page one rewrite on Justice League. So there was time to change course. They also was very pleased with the script both Johns, Snyder and Terrio. However they (the WB) upon seeing Snyders work thought the tone was still to serious (more along the lines of MOS) and while not bad or unwatchable they just wanted an Avengers movie and the rest is history.

No they coyld've held off. After SvB they brought in Johns and did a page one rewrite on Justice League. So there was time to change course. They also was very pleased with the script both Johns, Snyder and Terrio. However they (the WB) upon seeing Snyders work thought the tone was still to serious (more along the lines of MOS) and while not bad or unwatchable they just wanted an Avengers movie and the rest is history.

Holding off would have cost them their bonuses, and regardless of that though, any type of postponement would have again be bad PR.

And I haven't heard anything about the reports of it being unwatchable been debunked yet.

Holding off would have cost them their bonuses, and regardless of that though, any type of postponement would have again be bad PR.

And I haven't heard anything about the reports of it being unwatchable been debunked yet.

A couple of producers have said it wasn't unwatchable just not the tone they were looking for.

"Unwatchable" is code for "we need it more vanilla, like a Marvel movie, to satisfy Joe Bob Chaiseloungeblogger and his followers, and get that RT rating up."

the unwatchable thing came from BOF. then it spread around.

there was never any other reports besides just that one. and it was just BOF saying "this is what i heard..."

nothing official.

Then you had people who worked on the movie coming out saying different. I'm just not going to go back through all the pages trying to find the exact quote.

yea, we'll never get the full truth on the behind the scenes drama that happened.

at least not anytime soon.

we can only speculate.

i am only basing my opinion on what i see - and what i see is the snyder filmed parts of JL are way more superior to the reshoots.

but maybe the snyder scenes that were cut out were "unwatchable"?

who knows?

there was never any other reports besides just that one. and it was just BOF saying "this is what i heard..."

nothing official.

Nah Collider reported hearing the same thing from other sources. So there were at least two people close to the production who said it wasn’t in a good spot.

nothing official.

Baiter On Fire.

I think its safe the say the movie was probably a lighter, less controversial version of BvS UE. Long, deliberate pace, serious tone, bombastic music but with a lighter more playful vibe due to the team's chenistry, but still not quite the family friendly, laugh riot action romp the studio wanted.

But lets call a spade a spade here, it wouldnt have fully won over those who were sour on Zack's style of filmmaking. I think the detractors would have felt it was marginally better than BvS and MoS but still have lots of problems with it.

Last edited:
if you think sucker punch or BvS UE was unwatchable then it was probably unwatchable and you didn't think they were unwatchable then it wasn't probably

Or it's like the multiple sources that said that it was unwatchable?

I don't know if WB and Whedon made it worse. I don't know if Snyder's finished cut with him editing it would be that much better. Maybe it would have pleased some and displeased others? But that sounds more like the same with BvS.

Multiple sources? Can you name them?

How is one supposed to debunk a rumor? From a single source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"