The King of the Hill HATE thread

Both of those suck too. Believe me, I'm not playing favorites between Fox's primetime animated shows. They all blow. Family Guy occasionally has some funny jokes, but overall the show is a mess. American Dad is a poor mans family guy. The Simpsons is soo old. And King of the Hill was never funny to begin with. South Park is, as far as I'm concerned, the best primetime animated sitcom still airing today.

You do know that the creators of both shows are good friends and respect each others shows?

You do know that the creators of both shows are good friends and respect each others shows?

Then I guess its a good thing I dont give a crap what they think. I like the product.

South Park hasn't been any good for years, for the most part. I did see a funny ep the other day about Cartman and whatsername getting in a fight...

South Park hasn't been any good for years, for the most part. I did see a funny ep the other day about Cartman and whatsername getting in a fight...

To each his own.

Has Southpark ever been good? I mean, I'm probably in the minority but I hate that show, it's stupid.

South Park is a show that has a difficult time balancing its stupidity with its intelligence. This is a show that's known for talking poop, a little kid getting killed every week, a drug abusing talking towel, and a fat kid that's bigoted in every conceivable way. At the same time, this is a show that's pointed out the absurdity of PETA, why apologizing to Jesse Jackson for saying the N-word doesn't mean squat to the black community, and the flagrant attempts many people have made to shift the blame for 9/11 onto anyone other than the attackers just to fit their own agenda.

The low-key writing on King of the Hill is roughly 400,000 times more clever and relevant than the mindless dumbed-down crap-fest that is Family Guy.

The low-key writing on King of the Hill is roughly 400,000 times more clever and relevant than the mindless dumbed-down crap-fest that is Family Guy.

i totally agree with you on this and im a family guy fan

This is true. Of course, I don't think Family Guy even tries to be remotely clever or relevant. It's like a series filled with cheap laughs about references to old movies, musicals, and Saturday morning cartoons.

Family Guy relies almost entirely on pop culture humor. Every now and then they do get political and preachy like South Park, but it's always in the most obvious way. There is no attempt at subtlety.

In any case, I wonder if they'll have Dale finally realize Joseph's not his son, with it possibly being the end and all.

Dale is in major denial. Joseph is so obviously John Redcorn's son, it's not even funny anymore.

Has Southpark ever been good? I mean, I'm probably in the minority but I hate that show, it's stupid.

You are not alone! I tried watching SP and left wondering why the f the show is so popular. :huh: Corny as hell!

Last edited:
Y'know, Adult Swim is showing "King of the Hill" now, and I realized something. I was partially wrong about this show. The earlier episodes were okay, in fact they were pretty good. I was just judging it based upon the later seasons, which still aren't funny. But some of the first season episodes are surprisingly funny. It just shows that KOTH is way past its prime.

the only episode of KOTH i liked was" boxing luanne"

King of the Hill is one of the best shows on TV. THere I said it.

Maybe not so much now, but holy **** the first three or four seasons (Like just about every other show ever, shows should NEVER go past the 6th season. Ever.) we're golden. The thing is, it's a product of you're environment. If you're someone that lives a life similar to the Hills, then it's got potential to be hilarious. If you, however, live somewhere like New York city, or some really busy populated town, you won't get as much of the humor.

That, and a lot of the humor relies on the characters being built up into their own people. From the first episode where the Laoatin next door moves in and the next three seasons of Bill Dale and Boomhower saying he's chinese or japenese, or asking what about laying oceans...that's how the humor on this show is. It's not for everyone. Hell, it's not for a lot of people.

But the people that do get most of the things they deal with and have dealt with them before, it's ****ing amazing. It's got to be one of the most grounded shows out there, where there's hardly ever any "unrealistic" moment's in it.

This show along with The Simpsons and South park needs to stop. i dont get the appeal of them. Wuth the acception of the simpsons which i did like at one point and time. Alot of people say Family Guy is bad but i think the random flashbacks make it a better show albeit hit and miss at times.
I hate all these shows so yeah.

Watching the reruns of it on Adult Swim. I've found a new appreciation for it, maybe it's just cause it's earlier seasons stuff though.

I like the show because it's meant to be intentionally slow paced, conventional, satirical, and mundane kind of comedy, and not a bunch of rapid one-liners, flashbacks, cultural references or sexual jokes throughout. It's always been that way. If you were a fan early on, you appreciate the show now, but if you've only tried watching within the last 5 years, you'll probably not like it.

Sure, it's not in my top 5 or maybe top 10 favorite TV shows, but I would never ever call it garbage. True "garbage" doesn't stay on the air for 13 seasons. There's no way around that, I'm afraid.

Maybe the attitude and expectations of the typical cartoon watcher has changed from a decade ago, I dunno. I mean, look at South Park now and compare it to ten years ago. Look at the Simpsons and look at all of the long running TV series in general. The writers and the producers of these shows have all made changes and adapted quite significantly over the years.

I suppose King of the Hill is one of the few shows that hasn't changed as much and now people aren't into it anymore.

-TNC

Last edited:
Peggy Hill has to be one the funniest tv moms ever.

Peggy is funny, but so embarrassing at the same time. It's sad seeing such a genuinely nice character constantly get humiliated because she's not remotely as smart as she thinks she is.

I feel for her, really.

I hate King of the Hill...it is so slow and I don't think redneck southern stereotype comedy is funny anyways. This and My Name is Earl is just stupid.

This is suppose to be KOTH HATE thread. There should be no admiration at all. Take that love somewhere else! :cmad:

This is suppose to be KOTH HATE thread. There should be no admiration at all. Take that love somewhere else! :cmad:

King of the Hill...The best show in the history of television!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"