'The Last of Us' HBO Series

If she is not wafer thin she must be too well fed to live in the apocaplyse is the dumbest take I have yet seen for this series.

It's such a bloody idiotic take for a show set in the post apocalypse, after twenty years have gone by. None of it is realistic to the way things would actually be if it were trying to be accurate:

None of them would have decent haircuts. None of them would have decent teeth. None of them would be wearing store bought clothes that weren't ragged and fraying. Bullets would misfire all of the time. The petrol just wouldn't work at all. The list goes on...

It's such a bloody idiotic take for a show set in the post apocalypse, after twenty years have gone by. None of it is realistic to the way things would actually be if it were trying to be accurate:

None of them would have decent haircuts. None of them would have decent teeth. None of them would be wearing store bought clothes that weren't ragged and fraying. Bullets would misfire all of the time. The petrol just wouldn't work at all. The list goes on...
Exactly this.

Ok but some of us have been with her since Heavenly Creatures (Peter Jackson's best movie, yeah I said it!).

I actually didn't think much of the actress in the role. Never seen her act before, I don't think she came across as someone people would follow.

None of that was to do with her body at all though. That **** shouldn't even be getting brought up.

Surely at least a few barbers/hair stylists and dentists survived but otherwise pretty much all that is true. There are a lot more critiques one could lob at the series for "realism" if that was important.

Running and hiding from the consequences of your own actions is not what Linda Hamilton would do.
Nope, it's what a Z-list celebrity has to do after they say something stupid to try and grasp on to any thread of relevance that they can.

Aaaaaaanyway, in case anyone missed it this is is a friendly reminder that episode 5 is dropping at 9 EST tonight! :mrk:

I actually didn't think much of the actress in the role. Never seen her act before, I don't think she came across as someone people would follow.

Admittedly, upon watching the episode initially, I thought the same thing. However, in the companion podcast for this show, Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann bring this up on the last episode and say that that’s kind of the point of her character. Someone who is not suited to and doesn’t fit the typical leadership role put into that kind of position.

As for how she got there, they did say that we will find out about that, so I’m guessing that’s something we’re going to learn in the next episode.

Admittedly, upon watching the episode initially, I thought the same thing. However, in the companion podcast for this show, Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann bring this up on the last episode and say that that’s kind of the point of her character. Someone who is not suited to and doesn’t fit the typical leadership role put into that kind of position.

As for how she got there, they did say that we will find out about that, so I’m guessing that’s something we’re going to learn in the next episode.

Okay cool, hopefully it’s all done justice. With the writing on the show so far it more than likely will be. People verbally abusing the actress are just idiots.

I'll post my full thoughts later but even as someone who knew what was going to happen all I have to say right now is...

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Goddamn, I knew what was going to happen and it still hit me like the plow truck. Probably my favorite episode so far. It had everything that makes quintessential TLOU.
Yeah, but :

Too many hits like that and people like me just get burnt out. Like Walking Dead, as soon as you had an episode that had a big scene or focused on one particular person, you knew they were dead by the end of the episode. I freaking hate that! :(

My only complaint about the episode was Henry himself being not as hardened as I would have liked.
But then again his “rat” nature as Joel put it did line up with this version of Henry.

Sam on the other hand made me just wanna jump through the screen and save him from that world.

Damn what a tremendous episode and that ending was definitely a gut punch. Loved everything with the Sam and Henry characters who were given just enough character development at the beginning.

I'm also starting to really enjoy how this show doesn't rush to get to the action and actually takes it time with the worldbuilding and setup which makes those set pieces even more satisfying IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"