The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else keep getting reminded of john marston when seeing and hearing the main character?

John-Marston-red-dead-redemption-14740700-494-599.jpg

I was just playing the Chateau level in Uncharted 3 for the first time since seeing The Last of Us in action and I couldn't help but think about how the early part of that level looks so much like something that would be in TLoU simply from a visual design standpoint. I've never been a fan of post-apocalyptic stories but I'm definitely interested to see what ND dog with this.

This game looks amazing. Can't wait to play this. Gameplay looks awesome. This really is going to be a survival game.

So is there not a HIS? Or have they just removed it for the trailer? If there's not one in the actual game, I'd be very happy. Makes it feel far more cinematic.

So is there not a HIS? Or have they just removed it for the trailer? If there's not one in the actual game, I'd be very happy. Makes it feel far more cinematic.

Man, your avy is so creepy.

Cool new trailer, I like the cut of this games jib.

I'm actually kinda torn about one thing:

Naughty Dog is the only game developer that I really trust 110%. I know this will be an excellent game and it will be a first day purchase for me.

However, I would have liked Naughty Dog to make something entirely different from Uncharted. This game looks very much like Uncharted in both style and gameplay. I would have loved for something where you don't use guns but rather magic or something. A more charming game like their old Crash Bandicoot ones.

Reading The Road, and this game reminds me do much of it. I really can't wait

Reading The Road, and this game reminds me do much of it. I really can't wait
Something’s of the game remind me of the Road, but the Road had no hope at all. No hope for humanity and People were killing themselves because of it. The whole planet was dieing. In this game civilization does exist and the planet is still very much alive. It has more hope in it. So the game would not make you depress like the Road does.

How does it have more hope in it?
Not only the humans are killing each other in this game to survive, but there are also mutated creatures. It's even worse.

Ya, well to me the similarities are in the way humans interact with no law and scarce resources, along with the protector relationship. They're not identical, but the desolation of the worlds are very close. It's true that in the road, everything is ash, so there is at least potential vegetation to feed on in the last of us. Even so, both worlds are bleak as hell.

I'm actually kinda torn about one thing:

Naughty Dog is the only game developer that I really trust 110%. I know this will be an excellent game and it will be a first day purchase for me.

However, I would have liked Naughty Dog to make something entirely different from Uncharted. This game looks very much like Uncharted in both style and gameplay. I would have loved for something where you don't use guns but rather magic or something. A more charming game like their old Crash Bandicoot ones.
I don't know, the only thing that screams out Uncharted to me is the graphics, and that's because they're using the same engine as Uncharted 3, I believe. But other than that, and I say this without having seen much gameplay aside from the E3 demo, it seems to play a lot differently than any of the Uncharted games. Those games were a bit more of a fast paced, run and gun, action shooter and platformer, whereas The Last of Us seems to be more of a slow paced survival game where you need to take your time to create a strategy on how you want to approach an environment to ensure that you not only get out of that area alive, but that you are also prepared to tackle anything that may come your way later on. Granted, the stealth in Uncharted kinda let you do the same, but it wasn't dependent on it.

How does it have more hope in it?
Not only the humans are killing each other in this game to survive, but there are also mutated creatures. It's even worse.

Are you kidding with me?
The world of the last of us may be more freighting because of the infection virus that turns humans into a zombie like creature, but its survivable. In the road people were not just killing each other but they were killing themselves! The freaking father was teaching the kid on how to kill himself!! The road may not be as scary as the last of us but it had absolutely no hope. Its a dying planet with no chance for survivable. In the last of us the girl came from a quarantine zone. If You have to pick a world to live in then the logical choice would be the world of the last of us. You have to be stupid to pick the world of the road.

Apparently, you come from the future, since you already played The Last of Us and know that no one commits suicide in this game. That people also aren't desperate enough to teach their children how to waste their life because their is no hope or the parents themselves doing it when their spawn is born. That you already know the full details of the story and that there is no cure or future for this world.

I wish I had a time machine like you do.

I don't think I'm going to watch that anymore. I'm looking forward to the game too much, I don't need to see more.

The gameplay looks so natural it almost can stand alone as a film or something. Judging from the slight differences between how that demo played out and the previous version we've seen of it, it seems there are multiple ways to play through a section with different outcomes.

Yeah, that's exactly it.
I've already decided I'm not gonna watch any gameplay videos, anymore. Just trailers.

This game is already a must buy and I'm just waiting for the release, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"