The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up Left Behind earlier today and quite enjoyed it. I liked using the infected as a weapon against the hunters as it gave me an advantage and made things a bit easier.

Finished up Left Behind earlier today and quite enjoyed it. I liked using the infected as a weapon against the hunters as it gave me an advantage and made things a bit easier.

haha, I would do that too. Nothing like throwing a brick at humans and letting the infected go to town on them

Yea that was cool, makes me wish they had implemented that in the main game too.

Don't have a ps3 anymore (sold it to help with a ps4) but will be playing last of us again when PS Now launches hopefully with this Left Behind DLC. This game was hands down my favorite game last year (followed by GTA 5) and easily one of the best game last gen. It is also in my top 10 list of best games of all time! Naughty Dog is easily the best studio in gaming right now.

I thought it was awesome, great addition to a great game. Just a little bit more taste of the stuff that we loved. The action and suspense and the great story telling. So good.

If any of you get the chance, you gotta watch the Grounded documentary. Making of the game, so good. It's free on amazon instant video.

Yeah, saw a preview clip of that and thought it was neat. It will also be coming to YouTube.

It's an hour and a half, maybe a little more/less but so worth a watch. Just makes you realize more how amazing this game is.

This was put up some hours ago

The Last of Us Creative Director: '50/50' shot for sequel

(11 hours ago)

Naughty Dog seemingly won everyone over last year (including Joystiq and theDICE Awards) with The Last of Us, its tale of survival in a clicker-ridden world. Its ending felt fairly conclusive, but in a recent discussion (which you should not explore if you're wary of spoilers for the game or DLC) on Reddit, a fan asked what the odds are for a future chance to visit The Last of Us' world once more.

"If you're asking about a sequel ... right now I'd say it's 50/50," Creative Director Neil Druckmann responded.

If that's not enough to rile people up, Game Director Bruce Straley teased in the same thread that theteam is "working on the 3rd DLC drop for MP right now! ... and maybe something else ... we'll see." It's almost like they enjoy teasing fans!

Of course, if you missed your date with "Left Behind," the game's Valentines Day dose of narrative DLC, that's an immediate opportunity to spend more time with Ellie.
[Image: Sony]
and even more recently

The Last of Us adds new difficulty level in upcoming DLC

(1 day ago)

The final DLC for The Last of Us' Season Pass will contain a new difficulty mode for the game's single-player mode, as well as new maps, weapons and skills for the game's multiplayer component. Naughty Dog only described the upcoming difficulty mode as "new," not necessarily harder. So who knows, maybe it's Lollipop Difficulty, where the infected have been replaced by fluffy teddy bears and sadness is replaced with rainbows. Naughty Dog wrote that they will provide more information "as in-game elements near completion."

Naughty Dog also released a new behind-the-scenes video detailing their journey creating Left Behind, the single-player DLC follow-up for a game with roughly a bajillion awards. We've included it after the break since, like the game's Clicker enemies, spoilers can rip your throat out make you have a very bad day if you get too careless.
The Last of Us - Left Behind

[Image: Sony]
Continue Reading

Last edited:
I hate how people are trying to justify this by saying "maybe we'll get a darker Uncharted like TLOU." I haven't even played these games and I know Nathan Drake is all about humor. I just hate how dark=good to people these days.

I hate how people are trying to justify this by saying "maybe we'll get a darker Uncharted like TLOU." I haven't even played these games and I know Nathan Drake is all about humor. I just hate how dark=good to people these days.

I assume these people don't know that Straley was already a director on Among Thieves (where Druckmann was a writer and designer.)

These people know Uncharted, and it's not like Uncharted 3 delivered in any way.

I gotta say, I did think that uncharted 2 was better than 3 (3 was still great), so this doesn't really bother me at all.

Deadline said:
EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has signed on to distribute The Last Of Us, a live-action adaptation of the PlayStation 3 vidgame from Naughty Dog. Neil Druckmann, the Creative Director for the game, will write the script. The creative architects will be Naughty Dog co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra, as well as Druckmann and Game Director Bruce Straley. They’ll team with Sam Raimi and his Ghost House Pictures banner.
The logline: Hardened survivor Joel teams with young and capable companion Ellie to journey through a radically transformed world some 20 years after an infectious pandemic ravages humanity. The game has won numerous awards and has been a big seller since its release last summer.
Related: Warner Bros Acquires Rights To Video Game Sensation ‘Minecraft’
“Screen Gems’ Brian Dukes and Eric Ling brought this game to my attention insisting we go after it, and when I saw the quality of the storytelling, I knew the audience for this project was far greater than just the gaming community and that Neil Druckmann must write the screenplay,” Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper said. “I am thrilled that SCEA’s Riley Russell was able to get me in front of Neil and Evan Wells to plead my case. Sam and his team at Ghost House round out the perfect team to help realize Neil’s vision.”
Naughty Dog Co-president Wells called the combination of Screen Gems and Ghost House “a perfect fit. Since our game released last June, we’ve talked with many companies about making a film, but we couldn’t have found better partners who share our creative vision and high standards.”

Source!

The fear of Straley and Druckmann making Uncharted dark isn't completely unfounded. It's pretty well known that Druckmann was going to kill off Elena in Uncharted 2. Luckily Straley convinced him otherwise.

The goal should not be to make it dark. The goal should be to make the best story you can and if that requires it to be dark then so be it. But I trust Druckmann. The guy knows what he's doing.

So word is it is really coming to the ps4. ain't it awesome? To think i'll discover it from the first time on the ps4...!

Report: The Last of Us is coming to PS4, says Sony Eurasia exec [update: Sony statement]

(9 hours ago)

The Last of Us is making the trek to PS4 if comments from a Sony Eurasia executive are to be believed. Sony hasn't formally announced a port of Naughty Dog's PS3 survival horror, but Software Marketing Manager Sercan Sulun appears to have let slip of the PS4 version on a recent CNN Turk video interview.

According to an IGN translation, Sulun told CNN Turk, "There is no information about a new The Last of Us game but I can share this knowledge: As of this summer, The Last of Us will be on the PS4. Both on PSN and physically. The PS4 version will also include the DLC so you will be able to play Left Behind as well."

To reiterate, Sony hasn't announced a PS4 version of The Last of Us; yesterday the company published a list of the games confirmed as coming to the system this year, and there was no sign of Ellie and Joel's adventure. We've contacted Sony to clarify Sulun's comments.

That said, Naughty Dog has been cautious on the subject. When queried on the possibility of a PS4 port by Eurogamer, Creative Director Neil Druckman said last month, "We have such limited resources, and it's a question of where you put the resources. It's something where we can have a feel of where the demand is, and where our time is best spent. It's something that we'll figure out as we move forward."

Update: When approached, a representative for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe provided Joystiq with the following statement: "'At no time have we announced that The Last of Us is coming to PS4 and therefore, have nothing to say on the subject."
[Image: Sony Computer Entertainment]

Last edited:
Not yet . As I said in the ps4 thread we'll see if anything changes. (had no idea that would be place it needed to see that first. it's fixed now) For now it's just a rumor.

I'm sure sony will do so some time later.

In no way is what he said a denial that The Last of Us is coming to PS4.

lrn 2 PR

In no way is what he said a denial that The Last of Us is coming to PS4.

lrn 2 PR

Hehe don't worry the statement is always subject to change. especially now that there people are receiving beta invites with ps Now. They can do what what was done with tomb raider enhanced edition as well.

I haven't played this game on PS3 but if it comes to PS4, I will definitely get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"