The Last of Us

(12/10/11) VGA Trailer:

Synopsis from Playstation Blog:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/10/naughty-dog-reveals-the-last-of-us-at-2011-vgas/

(12/4/11)
So there's going to be an announcement of a new IP for Sony at the VGAs, but on their site they have the date 12/7/11 marked, so we may get info then.

Here's all that's available right now:

[YT]csubsCk86sw[/YT]

Is it just me or does the narrator sound like the one from Bastion?

I don't trade games. I buy them to keep. And $10 off a year old game isn't exactly a lot. :funny:

Remasters are suppose to be bargains.
Says who? This isn't some HD port of some 10 year old game. This game just came out last year. The standard for GoTY/Complete editions is anywhere from $40-60 and this one is $50, down from the original $60 they were asking for. Seems about fair

Last edited:
this was put up
2 days also

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle

(2 days ago)

A PlayStation 4 console bundle featuring The Last of Us Remastered was announced for Europe this morning. The package is priced at €429.99, includes a 500GB console, one DualShock 4 controller and a copy of the hd-ified survival spore-er drama.

No word yet on a stateside PS4 bundle featuring the game.
via Joystiq
source: PlayStation Blog EU

So Joystiq claims Anyway
We'll see when they have this changed for North America

this link details some of the new additions to the game as well as trophy and save file info.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_l...al_to_ps3_but_save_files_wont_carry_over.html

Love that the DS4 speaker will be used for audio recordings. I really hope it becomes standard as that worked so effectively in KZ. I also like that hte touchpad will be used to bring up the backpack

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-sales-pass-7-million-with-new-dlc-coming

The game will also get new DLC. I really hope this is covered in the season pass as I bought that for the PS3. I hope ND doesnt pull what Gearbox did with Borderlands 2 by saying only the first run of DLC was covered under that

• Re-Infection: Hands-On With The Last Of Us Remastered

Preview
    hot-post.png

on Jul 16, 2014 at 06:26 AM
    ps4-icon.png

We went hands-on with the spectacular-looking The Last of Us Remastered.
    ... More
And

source: GI

Hold up so the Remastered version doesnt come with all the DLC that the original did? On the PS Blog, they say that those with the Season Pass can go into their download list to download the multiplayer purchases from the PS3 version

Q: Will my The Last of Us Season Pass DLC content carry over?
Erin Daly: Yes, any weapons, survival skills, head items you have purchased on PS3 will carry over. You just need to go into your download list on PS4 and re-download them.

On a side note, looks like some trophies will be altered. Wonder which ones those are:

Q: I love getting Trophies. Will I be able to collect any new Trophies in the Remastered edition for Factions?
Quentin Cobb: Remastered will include all DLC Trophies along with the original game Trophies. No new Trophies were added but 8 of them were changed to be easier to earn.

Watch The Last of Us' Ellie reminisce about pushing around anot(2 hours ago)

[YT]1_c555Jrg-8[/YT]
And
[YT]z8XN7eoZr0Y[/YT]
Sony's pumping out the promos ahead of The Last of Us: Remastered's launch this week, but a new interview between actors Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie) covers some interesting ground.

The best bit is when Johnson talks about recording a heated scene with a different actor going up for the Joel part, giving us a glimpse into how motion-capture can get emotional, and quick. The video also touches on the very enjoyable "alternate" ending - if you've not seen that in full, that footage is waiting for you below the break.

The Last of Us: Remastered hits PS4 on July 29 in North America and August 1 in Europe.
The Last of Us: Remastered

Continue Reading

And

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle headed to Canada

(42 minutes ago)

Our brothers and sisters to the north will soon have extra incentive to pick up a PlayStation 4, as Sony announced that it will ship a The Last of Us Remastered-themed PS4 hardware bundle in Canada this week.

The package includes a PlayStation 4 console, a DualShock 4 controller, and a digital copy of The Last of Us Remastered for $449.99 CAD. Non-bundled PlayStation 4 consoles retail for $449.99 CAD following a region-wide price increase earlier this year, giving the bundle added value over a standalone console purchase.

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 hardware bundle will hit Canadian retailers on July 29. A similar bundle is also slated to launch in Europe and Japan.

[Image: Sony]​

Source: PlayStation Blog

Last edited:
Totally loved that performance, was hilarious.

Picking up my copy of the Remastered edition tomorrow. I've been wanting to play through the story again ever since I finished it the first time, can't wait to go on Joel and Ellie's journey again. Also the photo mode is going to make this aspiring filmmaker and photographer a very happy man.

Also the photo mode is going to make this aspiring filmmaker and photographer a very happy man.

Photo mode? I assume that's just the ability to take in-game screenshots (if that's the case, how is it different from the Share feature?), or is it something more? I haven't kept up with the news for the Remastered Edition - the second I heard it was being released for PS4 I immediately considered it bought in my mind, so outside of the release date, I haven't given much thought to keeping track with news.

I'll be grabbing the game after work this evening but won't be able to play until after work tomorrow :/ This is my favorite game of all time (with Bioshock Infinite and the Uncharted games a VERY close 2nd) and I'm chomping at the bit to play again (I let a friend borrow my PS3 on the sole condition he immediately started playing Last of Us, otherwise I'd have been playing that version while waiting for this one to come out).

For anyone who has it already, how are the improved graphics? Is it a big difference? Better textures, higher polygon count on the models? How does it compare to other "remastered/converted" PS3 games like COD: Ghosts or AC: Black Flag? Not that it'll determine a purchase for me, I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I'll be picking it up.. Just not right away. Maybe in a month or two it will be 30.

Photo mode? I assume that's just the ability to take in-game screenshots (if that's the case, how is it different from the Share feature?), or is it something more? I haven't kept up with the news for the Remastered Edition - the second I heard it was being released for PS4 I immediately considered it bought in my mind, so outside of the release date, I haven't given much thought to keeping track with news.

The photo mode is very similar to Second Son's photo feature where it pauses the game and allows you to take a photo, adjust the angles, apply filters etc. It's quite fantastic, I'm finding it addictive to use right now.

Graphically there is a noticeable jump, 60 FPS makes a lot of difference and you can make out some sharper details. It's all the little things really that build up and make it a greater looking version of an already beautiful looking game.

So......played through the Prologue last night..........:wow: and :csad:

Well I picked it up, lol. I didn't think the game could look better.

I was wrong.

I don't normally get emotional during games, but I teared up [BLACKOUT]when that guy's daughter died in the Prologue[/BLACKOUT]. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't normally get emotional during games, but I teared up when that guy's daughter died in the Prologue. :(

Might wanna put that in spoilers, since the remaster just came out some people are playing it for the first time.

Last edited:
Haha you're right. It is done. I've already played the game btw, it was just for other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"