The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love.

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by irapogi, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Continuity wise I think it would make more sense that Loki would be a much more physical challenge in the Avengers because I think in Thor Loki was much more sheltered in Asgard. Now that he's had three years of experience on his own he's obviously going to be a bit more capable of fighting as that's what he's had to learn to survive. I'll be interested in seeing how Odin handles a much more psychologically scarred, aggressive Loki in Thor 2. I'd think story wise that the two sides of Loki, the sheltered prince and the untamed survivor, would be constantly at odds with each other inside Loki's head making him quite a test to live with.

2. BigThor God of Thunder

I don't think Loki was all that sheltered in Asgard, because based on some of the things Thor said Loki has been involved in a number of battles throughout the centuries.

3. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Well, that's the thing, Loki had Thor to bail him out when things looked bad. When Loki self exiled himself he didn't have Thor to help him out. Loki would have had to have become a more physical fighter because as an Asgardian prince there would be a lot of beings out there that would have despised him just for that fact alone. I wager that Loki had been subject to quite a few beat downs by these Asgardian hating beings, perhaps even having a violent run in with a weakened Thanos, who in a physical fight could have still kicked Loki's butt. I think a movie universe based comic series expanding on Loki's adventures in exile those three years would be an awesome idea! Actually, a continuous comic book series based on the Marvel Movie universe would be an awesome idea, and an economical one. This brand could fill in the blanks and expand upon the characters without the constraints of running times, budgets, etc. etc.

4. BigThor God of Thunder

I definately would pick up an issue of a movie comic that shows what Loki was up to during his exile, because hearing a few vagues things about it just isn't enough.

5. Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

You mean something like

Nick Fury’s Big Week #1 prelude. That would be awesome!!
    [​IMG]

6. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Oh I agree! It would also be neat to see just how Asgard reacts to Loki just running around the nine realms unchecked, maybe show that Asgard was proactive by having Thor, Sif and the Warriors Three out there trying to find him.

Yes, I think you have the idea, but I was thinking of it being a regular, monthly series of titles based upon the Movie Universe characters as opposed to just one shot comics. Of course if they reboot a franchise that would put a wrench in the continuity.

#956 Godzilla2000, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. catgirl18 Registered

[​IMG]
    Preview for The Mighty Thor #12.1

sif annoying she is jealous of kid loki.

thor almost wearing his Ultimate costume so sexy:hrt::hrt::hrt:

and loki is beautiful ,he looks like Tom Hiddleston :hrt:

8. catgirl18 Registered

that would be cool:yay:

9. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

I can't see anything :csad:

10. catgirl18 Registered

you can not see the preview ?

11. ladyloki Registered

I agree I would love to read that comic book as well.. I also agree with you Jinouga about loki getting a serious beat down and being humilated, but becoming stronger and more violent because of it. It would explain how he really fuels his and becomes a more lethal fighter.

Again I would totally pick up a comic book about Loki's exile and see the training he goes through to become who we will see in the avengers. That would be awesome !

12. Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

I was just thinking that in Thor Loki could barely stand toe to toe in a physical fight with Thor, relying on his magic to disorient his brother. NBut from what I gather loki is a bit more of a physical match for Thor in the avengers which causes me to believe Loki had to fight and scrape his way through the nine realms as he'd be all by himself, thereby learning some techniques to utilize in a battle. It would only make sense in continuity to explain Loki's improvement in being physically more proficient at combat. I have a sneaking suspicion that Thanos should be behind whatever formal training Loki has gotten. Just think of it this way, what easier way to get to the Inifinity Gauntlet than by making a member of Odin's house, who has a shaky relationship with it, his unknowing pawn?

13. catgirl18 Registered

14. BigThor God of Thunder

15. Xeno That's America's ass!

^Bwahahahahahaha!

(I voted for Chris Evans but the Hiddlestoners are obviously on the march.)

16. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

noo, the page loads but theres no image...? (just the prev and next buttons)

All of this. I would write a longer but i cba right now (too tired lol) haha but yeah a comic on how Loki became this Loki would be awesome, and Loki should definately be more physically threatening, both in strength and magic in the Avengers. The news that Tom trumps his performance as Loki in Thor makes me so excited for this movie. His performance as Loki was abosolutely amazing so to hear that his performance in Avengers tops it just makes me giddy as to what we'll see!

17. catgirl18 Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. catgirl18 Registered

The boys are all sexy, But Loki/Tom Hiddleston is my favorite:hrt:

19. BigThor God of Thunder

That reminded me of why I very rarely come to this thread compared to the others.

20. catgirl18 Registered

I'm sure Thor (Chris Hemsworth) fans vote for him ,butLoki/Tom Hiddleston has more girls on his side.I think they are both sexy,it is just fun do not take it seriously.

21. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

I think BigThor's point is that there is so little actual discussion about the character of Loki in this thread. It's basically page after page of girls fawning over Hiddleston (or Hiddles, as he likes to be called), with rows and rows of smiley faces. It's almost like there should be two threads. One for Hiddleston the actor, and one for Loki the character.

22. catgirl18 Registered

I talk a lot about comic Loki .
    I like Tom because my favorite comic boy Loki.Tom shows the world how great comic Loki is .

23. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

Well, there's only so many different ways people can say "OMG Tom is sooo hot :atp:" or "I want to be Lokis queen:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:". And yet, that's basically what this thread is. Now, mind you, this happens a fair bit on the other character/actor pages, like on Hathaway or Hardy's pages on the Batman boards, but this thread really does seem to take the cake. I know it'll never happen, but it really does seem like a good idea to me to have a separate page for Hiddleston. Fangirls can express their love for Hiddles all they want, while people who want to talk about Loki won't have to wade through pages of it. Not trying to to be rude, but it's just... kind of annoying.

24. Xeno That's America's ass!

If you look at the Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders threads, you can find page after page of boys fawning over both actresses. Yet none of the women on this site has gone in to comment on that fact or suggest that other threads be created for the characters, as far as I've seen. Personally, I don't care much whether or how anyone else appreciates the talents and looks of any actor or actress in the movie. It's all good, as far as I'm concerned. Would that we could all be so tolerant of others' opinions.

25. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

And, as I said above your post, I know it happens on the female character pages as well. It's just as annoying. I mean, really, how many times do you need to make the "<so-and-so actor> is soo hot!" post? You'd think one would be sufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.