The Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read all the posts. I feel like I'm the only one who want to see this movie (THe Lone Hyper?:cwink:)
That said it could turn out to be a debacle on the level of Wild Wild West, which I also really wanted to see, because I was a big fan of the TV show. To say that it was a huge disappointment would be a huge understatement.

I loved Wild Wild West when I was a kid. The Will Smith and Sisqo song was fun too.

And the old TV show was great. :csad:

Two words: Jon. Peters.

When I read all the posts. I feel like I'm the only one who want to see this movie (THe Lone Hyper?:cwink:)
That said it could turn out to be a debacle on the level of Wild Wild West, which I also really wanted to see, because I was a big fan of the TV show. To say that it was a huge disappointment would be a huge understatement.

I'm looking forward to it! I'm not expecting anything amazing, but it could be another John Carter scenario where I end up really liking it. Plus I still have my grand theory that Lego are banking on it to be good, so it could be a hit!

I'm looking forward to it! I'm not expecting anything amazing, but it could be another John Carter scenario where I end up really liking it. Plus I still have my grand theory that Lego are banking on it to be good, so it could be a hit!
I also liked JC and I like the Lego theory:woot::up:

r5iGlcD.jpg
So this is what a 2013 bomb looks like.:up:

I'm more inclined to agree with the first one given how idiotically high the budget was...

If I were betting on it, I'd put my money on it bombing. With the stakes only ending in me being wrong though, I'll stick with optimism :D

I feel Depp's cache has fallen off a lot domestically. Even the last Pirate didn't do amazing in North America.

So this film will likely have to depend a lot of foreign grosses. I'm going to take a guess however and assume the Lone Ranger is not a very known property overseas though. So this film doesn't have the built in fan base that Pirates 4 had.

I'm gonna be a dick about it and say this is how a 2013 tank will look like. Just to save my dignity.:hehe:

... I still have my grand theory that Lego are banking on it to be good, so it could be a hit!

lego-speed-racers_1680x1050.jpg

brickpicker_set_4528-1_2.jpg

lego_prince_of_persia.jpg

Not that it can't be a big hit, just that a Lego licence might not necessarily be the best indicator for it.

These are damn cute though...

640px-The_Lone_Ranger_teaser.jpg

Last edited:
God it's hard for me to root for Lone Ranger. I think it's because of the mugging of Depp as Tonto. For God's sakes, then give Depp the lead role as Ranger. They should've done that in the first place then. Even the 'Lone Ranger' poster cuts off poor Armie while Depp has a full body shot.

Every time I look at that poster is infuriates me. It's so freakin' disrespectful to Hammer.

It's such a blanant thing too, JMC. I mean, it's like they're dangling that drumstick infront of a tied up prisoner and he can't reach it. It's torturing to watch this happen to a guy like Armie.

Last edited:
I know what the heck. And it's happening right in front of our collective eyes!

Aren't you guys overreacting just a bit? At the very least, he's still ON the poster... :o

What's sadder is the source image showcases them both equally.

Disney-The-Lone-Ranger-Movie-Trailer-Super-Bowl.jpg

But really is there anyone who didn't see this coming as soon as Depp was announced, Depp was obviously the outranking star from the get go, despite the name of the movie.

That makes it worse, they actually moved him over more. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"